Shanghai or Hong Kong Disneyland?

• Hong Kong Disneyland

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Shanghai Disneyland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lofty

CF Legend
I've not visited either of them - but, I think I'd much prefer Hong Kong?

Whilst Shanghai's looks incredibly and has Roaring Rapids, Tron and Pirates as 'unique' attractions that I'd want to visit, Hong Kong's has Mystic Manor, Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, Iron Man and looks so much nicer in the general areas, PLUS an amazing halloween event.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Been to both and, although HK is smaller, it had loads of atmosphere. Even before you get to the park, there's the Disney-themed metro and the really nice station area leading to the park.

Shanghai has the amazing new Pirates and a very nicely tarted up Vekoma motorbike but there's nothing else there. It's a bit souless. One of my first impressions was walking into Tomorrowland while the Betamax robot (or whatever he's called) show was on and there was loud obnoxious pop music playing.

HK has Mystic Manor (one of, if not the, best dark ride in the world), the fab Space Mountain and Grizzly Gulch.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Trying not to be biased, but Hong Kong here as well.

Pirates is amazing, the best thing Disney have done, and Tron is my favourite Disney coaster, but that's kind of all there is. Most Disney parks are way more than the sum of their parts, but Shanghai really isn't. It is all quite soulless.

Hong Kong is definitely the most chilled of all the "Magic Kingdom" parks. You don't feel like you're rushing around trying to get everything done. Like Sue said, you've got the train and station which really sets the whole thing up before you get anywhere near the actual park. The shows, other than the castle/fireworks - which no doubt will undergo massive improvements in a couple of years - crap all over the ones in Shanghai, too. And yeah, Halloween is stunning.