What's new

SFNE to get SFKK's Road Runner Express in 2011?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Six Flags New England said:
In 2011, we're adding a 10th coaster to our already amazing arsenal of thrill rides. The new ride will be located in the DC Super Hero Adventures section and will offer an all new coaster adventure to delight thrill seekers of every age.

The experience begins when you board the four-person coaster cars and start a 5-story climb towards the sky. Once you reach the top of the lift hill, your world is sent spinning and twirling through a maze of 17 hairpin turns, winding twists and turns and unexpected dips while careening along 1,213 feet
of track.

Stay tuned — more info and the name will be announced soon!
http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/rides/newcoaster2011.aspx

RCDB (among others) says this will be the old Road Runner Express from Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, which matches the description. It will be built where the Dark Knight was supposed to go (across from Bizarro, behind the Johnny Rockets) & that eyesore football field will be gone. I imagine they will have to move the Sling Shot ride to a new location, but they might be able to squeeze it in.
Whats with the "spinning and twirling through a maze of 17 hairpin turns"? Is this going to be turned into a spinning mouse? Do they need two spinners in the same park? :roll:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If Bobbejaanland can run two identical spinners side by side, the Speedy Bob, then I wouldn't put it past Six Flags!

Naturally I shudder at the prospect of any 'new' spinners being built. :fp1

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yay! Another dull, crappy coaster for Six Flags New England to add to their disappointing line up of dull, crappy coasters (Bizarro excepted obviously)

What a spectacularly **** ty park it really is.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
At least it's a cred that you missed & now have the opportunity to get after all.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I'm so bored with the additions that parks seem to be announcing recently.

Honestly, I agree. There hasn't been a major addition announced yet besides X-raptor and that really hasn't even been announced completely.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Antinos said:
There hasn't been a major addition announced yet besides X-raptor and that really hasn't even been announced completely.
I think Dare Devil Dive Coaster is a major addition, especially since it's been a while for a new coaster at SFoG.