What's new

SFNE Goliath Cable Snaps

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
You're really not missing much. The New restraints are ASS

With the old restraints this really wasn't a bad ride. As is you're not missing anything.

Also cable snaps == bad

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm not going to say too much and risk jinxing it five days out, but...

I'll take this over this new coaster curse I've picked up any day. We all know what I'm talking about. ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Youngster Joey said:
You're really not missing much. The New restraints are ASS

With the old restraints this really wasn't a bad ride.
FYI - It's the new Premier trains that suck, not just the restraints.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I didn't know Intamin did Giant Boomerangs? :razz:

Paws

Roller Poster
Vekoma giant boomerangs have always looked dodgy. I doubt this will be a big loss.

peep

CF Legend
Love a Vekoma GIB, shame to hear this has happened. They seem to always have issues. Also wasn't aware the premier trains were rubbish.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jarrett, don't worry, you've been spared from a brain hemorrhage. It use to be a really cool ride before the changed the trains, but now it's really bad. Sucks it's closed, but at least nobody was hurt.

If this happened in the UK I'd expect it to make headlines at the moment... "HORRIFYING DEATH TRAP CABLE SNAPS LEAVING RIDERS FIGHTING FOR THEIR LIVES," or something along those lines :lol:

Jarrett

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Jarrett, don't worry, you've been spared from a brain hemorrhage.

Don't jinx it, we still have another boomerang and an SLC at this park alone, not to mention the other two boomerangs and other SLC to survive...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I honestly preferred Goliath to both Flashback and Mind Eraser, by a significant margin. Maybe it was because I was front row on my only ride :?

Jarrett

On the way back from SFNE right now.

Yeah, Goliath was out like a light today but there was buzz about it. Saw the PR manager with a few reporters taking pictures of it. At the Q and A session they did for the ACE event, they stated that the ride functioned just fine and that nobody was in any danger, that the part that broke was specialty and had to be special ordered and imported overseas, and that they were shooting to get it working again in autumn.

Tl;dr version, it won't be open until the fall based on what they think.

Ben

CF Legend
^They posted on their Instagram earlier the Splashwater Falls thing will go.

Which is the right size and in the Batman area. I called it but not on here.

womp womp

Hutch

Strata Poster
That's nice I guess. Not that exciting but they could use a decent supporting coaster. It'll give us something else to do other than Wicked Cyclone and Superman, as the rest of the creds aren't worth a reride.

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
I rode Joker at Great Adventure this summer and was surprised at how fun and rerideable it was! I do wish it was replacing Goliath, and SFNE seems a bit close to GA for a clone but I welcome more Free Fly's, especially at my home park.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
I enjoyed Batman at SFFT quite a bit, fun ride for sure. These are fun rides but I wish Six Flags would just be a bit more creative with their addtions. Aside from the RMCs (which we may not even get at a Six Flags park this year), they seem to just copy and paste year after year. Meh.