What's new

SeaWorld San Antonio | New Zierer Coaster + Bay of Play overhaul?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Wakey wakey, it's coaster leaking time.

Side note, a few years ago you didn't have entire coaster projects being outed by shipping documents. Last summer Holiday World allegedly had to retool their marketing strategy for Good Gravy after myself and a few goons unceremoniously leaked the project from the first import, unwittingly attracting the local press two months ahead of announcement time. For my part however I have no deep regrets and therefore probably learned nothing. So on to another one.

Back in September, SeaWorld San Antonio received about 25,000 lbs (16 pieces) of "Amusement Ride Parts for Force Coaster, Project #8558001" from Zierer. This was assumed to be for the existing Super Grover's Box Car Derby kiddy coaster at the time, although for an existing ride that's a pretty huge shipment to be honest. Especially for a coaster that small;
1710827235291.png

Then last week SeaWorld received more shipments for Project #8558001. Another 67,700+ lbs, 57 pieces of it. Plus this time it's for a "Custom FC" (Force Coaster), whereas the existing coaster is a standard Force Zero layout. All of the receipts are there to prove it;
Screen Shot 2024-03-19 at 1.51.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-19 at 1.52.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-19 at 1.52.49 AM.png
Source

There have been rumors for a bit now that the Sesame Street Bay of Play area is next in line for a big overhaul, and this kind of cements it. The existing Super Grover's seems poised to ride off into the sunset after twenty years of running year round in the Texas heat. Either way, definitely feels like a project that was pushed back a year when Catapult Falls was, and with Six Flags Fiesta Texas expanding DC Universe down the street, 2025 feels like the year for SeaWorld to do something.

Looking forwards to it!