What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Infinity Falls | River Rapids

Lofty

CF Legend
But how does he know that? Like, I wouldn't say it's confirmed because a part-time Alton Towers worker says it is. Until I see it from a valid source, I ain't believing it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that video is hardly concrete evidence. It sounds to me like he's reading the text from Screamscape though.

So, how about a Screamscape source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/seaworld_florida.htm#InfinityFalls
2018 - Infinity Falls - (4/17/17) I obtained a few more facts about the new Infinity Falls ride coming to SeaWorld Orlando in 2018. As suspected, the ride hardware will be coming from Intamin, and it will have a length of 1,520 feet that will take about 4 minutes to travel through on the 8-passenger rafts, with a 42” height restriction. The final drop, which they are listing as the “tallest river raft ride drop in the world” will be 40 feet.

Lofty

CF Legend
Thanks Hixee, now Screamscape is much more of a reliable source than someone who spends most of their time cradling a litter picker.

bla8989

Roller Poster
100% a Intermin, Seaworld confirmed it. Pretty sure it was on twitter, But cant seem to find the tweet. I will keep digging.

nadroJ

CF Legend
giphy.gif

Kozmo

Roller Poster
Anyone know why this isn't finished yet? I have annual passes to SeaWorld, aquatica, and Busch gardens. I was just there last week and it doesn't even look close to finished ☹️ we as pass holders are supposed to get first rides according to SeaWorld so when it is finally finished I'll definitely let y'all know how it is

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
@CP6 probably knows, but it's really unlikely he'll be allowed to tell. But asking might be worth a shot anyway.

EDIT: Oh crud, tagging people with usernames shorter than four characters is a bit of a hassle. Oh well, he drops by the forums from time to time, maybe he'll see the post anyway.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I doubt it. Word is they are having issues with multiple pumps moving water in the ride and the filtration system isn't working.... The ride has been drained, again.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Intamin have made tons of rapids... Surely the only difference with this one is the elevator? But even that hasn't been the main cause of issues.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Construction update: still not open.

This is one of the better construction updates this subforum has seen lately. Just today I found out that half of the attractions in the stickied threads around here had been open for months without anybody noticing. Keep posting updates, and we may be able to get the status up to date within a month of its opening!

Lofty

CF Legend
Manufacturers are always changing providers of parts and technology and means of certain aspects of their rides such as the pumps on this etc., everything has teething issues.