What's new

Scw55's Thread. Planet Coaster Calls (18-11-17)

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Scw55's Share Thread; **A Bloody Update**

WINTER'S GRASP POV

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgab2XvaHOU&feature=plcp[/youtube]

You can see I found some footers which I was able to add. You can see how it interacts with the latest Coaster. I like the finale. It's a sort of hectic intense building smashing. At multiple points you feel like you're going to SPLAT into the walls. And then you break suddenly.
I'm also proud of the two claws over the base of the first drop. It creates as above I stated, a sort of Swarm-like 'head-chopper' and basically builds on the winter's grasp concept in a more literal sense.

When the ride swoops dangerously close to the floor I had momentarily put some blood puddles there (which I got from a new CS pack) to enhance the danger. However, I decided to remove it because:

1) It was out of character of the ride. The theme was of horror but it wasn't of being gruesome. I thought the blood was too explicit.
2) There are other 'near misses' with the terrain on the layout. It meant for continuity I'd have to apply this effect elsewhere as well, rather often. There was a chance it would look weird and perhaps over-the-top. I didn't want the ride to be a bloodbath if I had blood. That's for the other coaster Blood-Shed :D. If I restricted the blood to one section and not to others, it would imply that the rest of the near-misses were 'fine' and undermine the fear impact of those elements.

I also enlarged the gaps where the coaster smashes through buildings because it was too tight before hand and was treading too far into the realms of impossibility. I mean, I often do border-line safe designs all the time, but this was too far.

You can see what I have done with Blood-Shed in the later part of the ride. I hope it's not OTT.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Scw55's Share Thread; **Winter's Grasp POV Update!**

The progress I have made today would produce some very dull screenshots. The teaser of the fire I obliterated because I have better tools to make the concept I wanted to do and I'd rather start from scratch. So that area has been erased. In its place is a Pipeline Coaster.

Blackice - Ice on the floor which is invisible. Probably named black ice due to danger of its existence for pedestrians.

That's right, a Pipeline Coaster. You don't see those often in RCT3 projects. Probably because the trains have to be very long for decent capacity and the track elements are rather limiting. But I have made a layout and I have some concept of theme. It involves a lot of rocks. I might get some rock CS or make do with current tools. It stands un-custom supported due to... how funky the train is. Maybe that's another reason people don't use it. The layout is a strange combination of Toboggan and Heart-Line Coaster with a lovely 'head-scraper' inversion element at the very beginning. A lovely handful of 'head-damaging' elements. It even briefly says 'hi' to Blood-Shed. It seems inadvertently, that all the coaster Designs I have build connect at one minor point in their layout to another coaster. The pace feels constant-slowish but the claustrophobic layout adds a different element.

Un-finalised Named Wingrider

A contrast from the other coasters in the park. I wanted to build a proper Wingrider as all constructions before were riddled with problems; clipping. Currently built over a lake, but I might shrink the lake as the layout could potentially just look like a ball of metal plonked any-where. There is a nice 'fly-by' bit very close to the water, so there will still be water left. It combines some of my tricks with some new ones inspired by other forums users (reddude and port). The first drop is your fancy half-twist (with a little pre-drop to build momentum) which goes into a Quater Loop. The Track then twists 180 degrees vertically and flattens off before you hit the water. There's an element that is inspired by port's odd ribbon tie-knot and a Half Over-banked Turn -> Flattens -> In-line Twist -> Half Loop (latter half is taken from reddude's latest B&M inverter layout). There's also a very funky looking set of elements that tries to tackle the problem of not being able to line-up the track properly to finish the layout whilst looking intended. It involves a cobra roll that is interrupted by a bend and a barrel roll that twists the other way at the halfway point. It's a gentle way to end the layout.

But yeah, the thing is a huge behemoth so as it stands I really can't be bothered to custom support. I might just severely edit the terrain so support work will be less annoying. I might get something interesting. I wonder as I am inspired by others, others are inspired by me...

Oh yes, I use a *lot* of breaks now at the end of layouts.

If you can think of a sinister name that implies flight/wind/air that is wintery, feel free to give a suggestion. Will help me have some focus when terra-forming the site.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Not true. The breathe of an ice dragon would be ice cold ;)

Just go search up dragon lore and see what you find

scw55

Hyper Poster

I would have to specify the dragon type. The name is too ambiguous.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Dementors' Grasp, Banshees Shriek, Siren's Call, Winterstorm, Blizzard, Ice Shot, My IQ, Shivas' Wrath, That Giant Frozen Coaster

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Do Dementors' Kiss and I'll get you a Harry Potter CS set :)

scw55

Hyper Poster

Banshee could be a candidate.
Thank you for the offer for the HP CS but I kinda want to make everything have my own narrative :p HP CS would influence me too much :<

Feel free to give it to Intricks though, he sounds like he's bite your face off for the chance.

I'll terraform tonight if I still have energy and then have a clearer idea.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Intricks, I'll PM you whenever I can find some more HP stuff. I just realized the set I have now has close to nothing in it: just some random props and such.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Added some pools to the Wind-rider area. Sunk some trees in a few pools to create a creepy marshy look. I find sunken trees rather odd and unnerving. Managed to CS support everything which is an achievement and there are no brutal clippings with terrain or scenery.
I have some way to go before it's finished but here are some screenshots.

I'm not sure what to build next. A Powered-Mine Train Ride or an Impulse Coaster. I don't want to dominate the sky-line too much with metal with the Impulse Coaster so I may have to sink that. I wanted the ride height to not be too stupid, and Wing-rider will be the only exception. A flatride is something I want to build as well as I tend to get distracted with building Coasters as I find they are the most enjoyable. Unfortunately the layout of the park makes expansion very difficult as I wasn't thinking when I put in Winter's Grasp.

But anyway, here are screenshots of (currently named) Winter Wraith.

7oNxj.jpg

First Drop You can see the silly pool of a Lakemonster and an skirmish of fish-warriors. I see it as a quirky Easter Egg to spot on the ride. I thought the Windrider could lend itself well to Vertical Drops, especially twisting ones as you're feeling vulnerable on the side of a coaster car plummeting face-first downwards.

UWSn4.jpg

Twisting through a ditch. Wingriders make excellent Terrain Coasters. It's gorgeous seeing them twist round hills and stuff.

7Q9X6.jpg

Half Over-Banked Turn -> Twist -> Half Hoop. Angled to show off that beautiful effect you can achieve with Wingriders.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Scw55's Share Thread; **Wingrider Update**

You have done some really unique things with this wingrider. Definitely a fan of the vertical drop as well as the other elements you highlighted here. Keep up the good work. Also, if you can open the park in scenario editor, you will be able to expand those park boundaries to give you more room.

scw55

Hyper Poster

I'll do that when I feel constrained. It's easier to start a new project in sandbox. You just get going without having to battle the logistics.

I've given up custom supporting the Pipe-line Coaster as the kit I use looks messy. And as I said before major danger of clipping due to the suspension of the cars.

-I haven't shown the Port-inspired tangle yet :) and the ingenious solution to aligning the track properly to the station.

scw55

Hyper Poster

Thank you. I'll grab a screenshot of the inversion that defiles your inversion concept portemine.

The last two screenshots were based off what Reddude has done with his latest inverter. Not sure if he noticed :p

scw55

Hyper Poster

The Supernatural/Ice theme park is on Hiatus because of an issue with fore-planning that I am too lazy to resolve. Slight demoralisation at the realisation of how small the park is. And general fatigue of inventing various themes of "Ice". I don't have the imagination to continue. Instead, I am going to start a new park-project. I will be using that 'Collab-Park' contribution I did because I put in a lot of effort. And there's a great big stonking extinct volcano in the middle to build things in and various zones. Could be exciting or a short-cut to burn out. Who knows!

scw55

Hyper Poster
Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Revelations.

This might be a surprise to you but I am a Fine Artist. I even have a degree!
It would explain why I get burn-out from RCT3 because RCT3 is a creative thing, and my lively-hood is creative. So occasionally I lack creativity and enthusiasm to be more creative.

However, I have decided to upload my huge catalogue of screenshots onto my Artistic online profile.

http://scw55.deviantart.com

When I have uploaded them all (will take a long time, I don't expect it'll be done in a week), you'll be able to see a glimpse into my RCT3 past. You will see projects from what has been and projects from what have been shown here. You'll have a better understanding of what sort of a RCT3 user I am.

I think what makes me different from everyone else on these forums is that I am a creator. Not a designer. My priority is creativity whilst everyone else's seems to be logistics and creativity. Perhaps my career is an indication of this. I see RCT3 as yet another metaphorical 'canvas'.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Dead of Winter Hiatus; Greener Pas

I actually really like some of the stuff you have posted so far...and the paintings/pictures as well. I'll probably check by periodically.