What's new

Scarefest @ AT

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Thought everyone would like to have a ganders and also thought you lot might want to know whats coming up:

Once again there is a mixture of family and more teen/adult orientated attractions.

For the family the Trick or Treat Doors and Scare Characters all make a return along side a Skelvins’s Haunted Adventure.

At the hotel there also some specially themed rooms for guests “Trick or Treat” Rooms that will challenge the family to discover the hidden prizes…or forfeits! With goody bags for the children and free spooky movies included for the duration of stay,

For the real scares the The Boiler House and Terror of the Towers all make a return along with a new attraction… Carnival of Screams.

Also confirmed are the return of the Scare Rooms at the hotel where sleep isn’t guaranteed and scares can come from the most unexpected places.

We will bring you more information as we get it
all from haunted attractions: http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/ind...010-details-announced&catid=132&Itemid=100054

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Alton Towers Scarefest, probably my personal favourite theme park event in the UK, will return between has been anounced, and between the 16th and 31st of October this year. According to the official Alton Towers website you can expect the following attractions if you dare venture to the towers this halloween.

Alton Towers said:
Trick or Treat Doors
Millie, Molly and Meg are three peculiar witches that come back to the Alton Towers Resort every year, and love nothing more than to give out lots of treats and surprises, which one will you get?.

Scarefest Characters
Skelvin, Franklin, Patch, and Phil are ready to welcome all our guests to this amazing event. They love this time of year, when they can join in with all the spooktacular fun.

Skelvin’s Haunted Adventure
Join Skelvin on his haunted adventure as he takes over this old abandoned house. Watch out for Skelvin’s friends, and have your wits about you as some of them might have a few surprises in store.

Trick or Treat Rooms
Check into the specially themed Trick or Treat rooms and challenge the family to discover the hidden prizes…or forfeits! With goody bags for the children and free spooky movies for the duration of your stay, these rooms are extremely popular so book early to avoid disappointment

The Boiler House
Enter this grisly hideout at your peril. A pair of psychopathic serial Killers are on the loose. Do you dare risk falling victim to their gruesome games. Only the brave will survive the dark and bloody corridors of The Boiler House.

Terror of the Towers – What Lies Within!
Strange noise have been heard emanating from the imposing, menacing building in the dead of the night. Some fear it may be a dark and evil force, lurking deep within the Towers. Dare you brave the rubble and hazards of the ruins, and uncover the horrific terror that lies within?

Carnival of Screams - New for 2010
The circus has come to town, however you will wish this terrifying, and freakish troop had never arrived.

Scare Rooms
Only the bravest should book into these rooms, and sleep isn’t guaranteed. Bumps in the night can defiantly be guaranteed, and scares can come from the most unexpected places

Considering the Carnival of Screams is probably the most interesting part of this they haven't given much information at all. A few things that I noticed were that Duel Live and Haunted Hollow Live are not listed, and neither is the rumoured Hex Live. However, Skelvin's Haunted Adventure is a new one and sounds like it could be a family-oriented halloween maze.

Ben

CF Legend
A lack of Duel Live would make me REALLY sad, since that is awesome.

Taking away Field of 0 Screams is BRILLIANT. Hopefully we can actually get something good where that was...

Stayed in a Trick or Treat Room last year, they're nothing special... Got some Parma Violets in a bowl, that was about it.

PLEASE don't change Terror of the Towers, that maze was perfection through and through.

Boiler House last year was good, but short. Make it longer!

BRING BACK ROOM 13!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I can't believe I am saying this, but i agree with Ben (well, for most of it - Duel Live is (was) pretty shoddy and not worth the epic queue that we had to experience of 2 people thanks to Flume failing).

Not experience the hotel rooms, so no word on them.

And YAY for Trick or Treat Doors! The blonde one is <3 <3 and I plan on doing them again and making myself look like a ****ing retard just to get close to her again...and so she can fill my hands with her lovely goods ;)

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Ben said:
A lack of Duel Live would make me REALLY sad, since that is awesome.
I agree, but I thought that there could be a possibility that "Skelvin's Haunted Adventure" might be in Duel?
A bit of a long shot but a possibility nonetheless.

Lofty

CF Legend
Pretty good what they're doing this year.

Personally, I think they should have got rid of The Boiler House as it was the weakest of their attractions. But if they enforce scarier characters and not use silent masked characters, it would be improved greatly.

Looking forward to it this year a bit more then last year and I really have no idea why!

tks

Strata Poster
Terror of the Towers was SO awesome last year. :D More of the same this year please!

Lofty

CF Legend
I have to agree. I loved TOTT last year. Was great fun, the theming, acting, immersion and story was pretty amazing.

coasterC

Roller Poster
Theres one thing that I hate in mazes.... all in all, they're brilliant, and unique,.... and scary.. but air blasters scare the living **** out of me. :( TOTT had them last year, and I hope not again :lol: Bit worried that the budget's being evened out.

If TOTT has less spent on it, it will cease to be the masterpiece it usually is. But then again, the Boiler House will be slightly better, and the carnival of screams should have a well put debut with some scary circus theming and good quality costumes. Don't really care for Duel Live though :)