What's new

Saw the Ride Roughness

Darren B

Giga Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
You're wrong and only my opinion is valid ;p

Calm down Joshua ;)

You're a weird one with woodies, Sue. You're not happy unless it's ripping out your spine.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I do like them rough but even I have my limits. As I said, Coaster Express was vile. As was Robin Hood at Walibi Holland and Stampida at Port Aventura. For me, the Gnash is just the right amount of rough.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Grand National isn't to bad if you sit in the middle of car. Out of the roughly 15 times I've ridden it, I've only found it particularly rough in the very back seat. Although, I enjoy a lot of woodies most people tend to hate (Stampida, Ghost Rider, Hurler, Gwazi etc). The roughness on rides like Saw is more painful for me than on any of those woodies.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Saw is a mediocre rough coaster that offers pain after the lift 3 hour queues just to ride it yesterday.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It definitely had a 120 min posted queue time at one point, could easily have hit 3 hours with any downtime.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I actually didn't find it rough at all until we hit the MCBR, didn't slow down at all, and I realised the rest of the ride was going to throw us about a bit; it did.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
cjbrandy said:
3 hours?! Is that an exaggeration or was it actually 3 hours?!

Not exaggerating got off colossus went to saw the fast track queue was up to an hour and normal queue was 120. That's like inferno at the end of the day the queue was apparently 10 mins the queue was easily an hour.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
TilySlo said:
For me it's the best coaster in Thorpe Park.

Me too! <3 I wouldn't say Saw is excessively rough at all, sure it's no ultra-smooth B+M, but it's a still a super fun ride.

cjbrandy said:
For example, there are people on here who describe Infusion as unbearably painful but I just found it a bit jolty at the end

If you had no problems with an SLC, then you probs won't even consider Saw rough at all :) Have a great time!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I'm going today to take my mates on it for the first time looking at the off ride footage you can see the bump where it starts getting rough you can also hear something's not right when it's at the bottom of the lift. It's not a smooth ride by all means but it just starts to lack after the drop. That's of course why it is at the bottom half of the spectrum at 18th.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I rode Saw et al yesterday and went to Chessington WOA today. I'll make a trip report later this evening

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I loved it! Its 3rd out of 35 for me and it wasn't rough at all. I found it smoother than The Smiler.