What's new

Saw the Ride Roughness

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I will be riding it along with the others for the first time on the 25th. Im looking forward to Saw because it will be my first proper Gerstlauer with a beyond 90 degree drop however people keep going on about how rough and painful it is. Is it that bad or are people just being pussies?For example, there are people on here who describe Infusion as unbearably painful but I just found it a bit jolty at the end and the exit of the cobra roll on the smiler was nowhere near as bad as some people had said it was.

marc

CF Legend
If you get the front right seat Saw is ok, in fact I really enjoyed it last time I rode it.

Friends we went with who are just members of the public hated it. They said they found it rough and gave then a head ache.

Colossus is the one you want to watch lol.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I actually find that the back row 'generally' gives a smoother ride on Saw. It rode great in its opening year, but now seems to give usually give quite rough rides. The indoor section is still good, but there is some really nasty jolts on the main coaster bit which runs the ride for me. I ride it once each visit because there's still a small part of me that likes it and you sometimes get a decent ride, but it often leaves me with a bit of a headache (I never get headaches normally). Tbf the headache doesn't last long for me. Just expect the worst and if your lucky you may get a pleasant surprise.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
We found last week that back middle/right was the smoother of the two rides we had, but I think it's a train thing personally. Sometimes you can have a great ride with next to no roughness, the next is nasty as hell, same seat different train.
I always brace and act like a giraffe on every lap I do of it as I expect the worst though.

Cookie's right, the indoor part is brilliant, but the outside sucks apart from the airtime hill.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Doing it for the first time near enough 2 months ago I sat in the back row middle with experienced members I can honestly say it was good in the indoor part but once it get outs into the open after the second it kind of loses momentum it gave me an earache because I'm quite tall but I can say from being on that ride alone excuse the pun it was SAWful will ride it on special occasions. Colossus is the rougher of the 2 and hurts your ears and head but their both enjoyable.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
^ I find that Colossus is actually quite a bit smoother than Saw, providing you sit in the front of a car at least. But that may just be me. I love Colossus :--D

jj23w

Hyper Poster
We sat at the back but 2 others were closer to the front and said it was still rough.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
My advice is definitely avoid the front row, there seems to be a rule with all the Eurofighters I have been on, that the front is brutally rough. In general the ride is pretty rough, and I would advise you to brace yourself constantly, ESPECIALLY in the final inversion.

If you're lucky you might get a smooth ride, as occasionally that does happen. But I'd suggest to go as early as possible as that seems to be when it's at it's smoothest, and also definitely sit on the back row, and the middle probably a good idea too.

TilenB

Strata Poster
For me it's the best coaster in Thorpe Park. I'm not saying that other coasters are bad (I really liked Stealth and Swarm as well), but I think it's the most complete of the bunch. It's forceful (practically the only ride at Thorpe that has some higher Gs at the bottom of the drops), has plenty of good inversions and apart maybe from the last turn/inversion isn't really rough at all. It was also the only ride on which queue moved at a constant pace on the day I was visiting.

EthC

Mega Poster
I personally feel that this is my least favourite out of the coasters in the park, just because the jolt straight after the drop just ruins it for me for the rest of the ride, at least Smiler's bad jolt is at the end of the ride so I have enough time to enjoy my self before it happens, I would just say brace to high hell on that drop and then you might sort of enjoy the rest, although the train vibrates ridiculously, but yeah i'm sure if you brace enough it should be ok for you.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The short length of the Eurofighters always does seem to lend to a shaky ride, as you do ultimately have fewer points of contact with the track while having a larger center of mass. This means transitions will be "snappier" and can be jerky.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm one of the weirdos who really like saw too - Never get any of the discomfort or "brain shake" that others seem to complain of!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I am actually jealous of you 'weirdos' :) I really want to love Saw like I used to when it opened. Each time I ride it, I delude myself thinking it might have gotten smooth

TilenB

Strata Poster
Darren B said:
Talking about Saw TilySlo said:
For me it's the best coaster in Thorpe Park

Mate, once you've sobered up and realised what you've posted you're going to be so embarrassed ;)

Why? I've may have caught it on a good day, just as I have caught Grand National on a bad one. I still can't understand how anybody could ever like that spine adjusting monstrosity...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't find Grand National painful in the slightest. Not compared to Coaster Express for example...

Saw is fine. I whine about the head mushing but it really isn't that bad.

Darren B

Giga Poster
TilySlo said:
Darren B said:
Talking about Saw TilySlo said:
For me it's the best coaster in Thorpe Park

Mate, once you've sobered up and realised what you've posted you're going to be so embarrassed ;)

Why? I've may have caught it on a good day, just as I have caught Grand National on a bad one. I still can't understand how anybody could ever like that spine adjusting monstrosity...

Don't get me wrong, Saw isn't awful, but it's not the best coaster at the park.

Completely agree with Grand National; I've ridden 352 coasters and the Grand National is by far the worst of them all. Absolutely Horrific!