What's new

Saw: The Ride Recreation NEW UPDATE 18.4.09

A

Anonymous

Hi guys. I have been working on this recreation for the past few weeks, so I have decided to upload my progress. I know Ollie is the first person to start recreating this ride for No Limits, and his project is great. I checked with Ollie if he minded me uploading my progress, I wouldn't want to detract attention from what looks to be a great recreation.

My track is complete though the track seen in the shots in terms of where the type of track changes isnt the same as the actual track, It is merely a reference to build around. The 3D's are made in 3D Studio Max. I would use wings as it seems more convenient for modeling to .3Ds format though i'm not familiar with how to use it so i'l stick to what i'm best at. I am going to texture last. Also, please note this is far from complete, things that seem complete arn't. I have a lot to do. I wont model things that can't be seen in the dark to please avoid stating that certain aspects of the interior are wrong or different as it wont matter so much in the final project. I'l keep you posted =].

1-7.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-4.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-1.jpg

7.jpg

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
As with Ollie's, this looks like an awesome recreation :D Looking forward to seeing more on this as it develops :D

Looking very attention to detail :p

A

Anonymous

Wow, This is Awesome

There are 3 Saw Recreations taking place :shock:

Good Work :--D

A

Anonymous

There are no unnecessary polygons. =]
I like to make my recreations as detailed as possible. It works fine in No Limits.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Yeah, for the higher end pc's. Ones like mine I will be viewing screenshots of the ride only.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Kebab. It should look great when it's finished, I'm rather excited myself =P

And sorry to hear that it might not work well on older PC's, I never took that into account, I'l make a low poly version afterwards.

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks great. You're walkways and railings are great, I'm struggling making mine at the moment. Your lift supports are great as well. It looks much better when done as a 3D object other than the supporter in the sim.
I've already let you know how to fix those spikes.
Keep up the great work. :)

A

Anonymous

Hi all. Just a quick update. The station platform and the actual building (not the interior) I am going to build again. I have had a few problems with the station and its easier to start again than to go back and edit what I've got. I have'nt yet made any changes to the interior yet, though i intend to. I have just started working on some of the outdoor scenery to keep me entertained before starting work on the boring parts =]

I'l update next time i have any progress. Heres a few more snaps. The cannister near the saws isn't finished as you can see.

1-8.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-5.jpg

Kebab

Giga Poster
Hey, how is your progress with Saw going?

It's been a long while since your last update and I'm dying to see how you're doing. I think Ollie has over-taken you at the moment, I saw very good competition between you two ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
Oi Erol. You're meant to be saying it's nowhere near as good as mine. :p
It is very good though but he told me on MSN that he's given up on this rec to do another ride.

A

Anonymous

This topic has died, I think it's time to bring it back though.

I am going to begin working on this ride again. I did but a Huge amount of effort, detail that ollie could only dream of :p Kidding! Well im not. Pssh. I put loads of effort into it! So you cant just lie and say it's not as good as Ollie's because it is. Dont wanna sound like a cow, but If you are one, its hard to not sound like one.

Anywhoo it needs completing, I do build quite fast so I wouldnt worry too much about it being completed in like 2020 or summat. But yeah, Im going to finish it, so expect some photo updates soon. :)

Oh and btw, I did use an object smoother, but also, I do use a lot of polygons, BUT it's the only way to make stuff looks amazing! So sorry to the people who have old PC's because it will probably run slow, But for those with moster PC's, Be excited ^_^
x

Ollie

CF Legend
What? You're actually going to complete something for once? ;)
Only kidding. Looking good. You're probably better at 3D moddling than me so you're outcome will probably be more detailed lol.

A

Anonymous

Aww dont go saying that, Making me feel bad for saying mine is better Lmaooo..

We need fierce, fighting competetion! Screw you ollie, dieeeeeeeee! Roar!

:p