What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Nah. All I did was crop the image.

Nah, I meant was it something you did to the 3ds file afterwards?

But if they still look like your latest picture of them then they still look wrong..

Ollie

CF Legend
Trust me the spikes are pointing the right way on the blades. :p

The sharp bits are pointing up at the riders as they come down towards it.

Slash

Giga Poster
Im sorry but those supports arent very good. Seriously sort them out boy.

Otherwise OMG the 3Ds are immense, how did you do the wheelchair lifts texture!?

Ollie

CF Legend
Im sorry but those supports arent very good. Seriously sort them out boy.
They are exactly the same as the real life ones up to the points where they connect to the track.

Otherwise OMG the 3Ds are immense, how did you do the wheelchair lifts texture!?
Easy. I used the texture from a picture I took of it last time I went to the park. :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think he more meant the way you built them. All the beams connect to the same node, etc. Try using more nodes when you build supports, it'll look a lot better.

Ollie

CF Legend
If any of you have time can you help me find some images to use fore textures.
I'm constructing this side of the station building now.
http://ukrides.info/col/tp/saw1t.jpg

If anyone can find another picture of that wall that's facing straight on (not on a slant like this). Then it would help loads. As I've been searching for ages and haven't come across anything.

Also if anyone's going to the park soon can you take a picture.
Thanks muchly. :)

A

Anonymous

This is Awesome!!

Can we have another update please? :--D

nealbie

CF Legend
Ollie said:
I'm just now trying to get good transitions and making it smoother.

If you want an exact recreation Ollie, make sure you leave the huge painful jolt at the bottom of the main drop (so don't smooth it :wink: ).

Ollie

CF Legend
I'll try and have another update soon. I've actually been on it now so know how to lay everything out inside the ride. :p
Would any of you like me to add the pre-ride bit to it? Where the second car that leaves the station stops and gets a talk from Jigsaw. I'd have to do it for every car as there isn't an option on NL to dispatch two cars a the same time and make the blocks only stop the second car. It also depends on how well I get the audio as if I can't find a clear copy of it then I won't be able to do it.

A

Anonymous

Do whatever because it will still be completely AWESOME!! :--D :--D

love the scenery :)

Tom

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
I'll try and have another update soon. I've actually been on it now so know how to lay everything out inside the ride. :p
Would any of you like me to add the pre-ride bit to it? Where the second car that leaves the station stops and gets a talk from Jigsaw. I'd have to do it for every car as there isn't an option on NL to dispatch two cars a the same time and make the blocks only stop the second car. It also depends on how well I get the audio as if I can't find a clear copy of it then I won't be able to do it.

You've ridden it?!?!?!?!

A

Anonymous

Well done on finally getting to ride it =]
Looking good by the way, great texturing.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yes I've ridden it. :D

And because of that I've started on the inside of the ride.
I've made the swinging blades and the spikes. And am currently making the turntable with Jigsaw on his bike on it.
It's proving pretty difficult as I've never tried to make anything human/puppet like before so have no idea how it will turn out. The car goes past it really quickly anyway so I don't think it matters too much if it doesn't look 100% like the real thing.

I'll try and get some screens again soon as it's been a while. But I want to neaten things up and add a bit more before I take some shots.

Thanks for the comments so far guys, I'll try not to disappoint you with this ride. :)

Xpress

Strata Poster
^You could just make a sphere for the head, then flatten the face a bit, and make a nose, then eye spots. Then all you'd need to do it texture it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah it's just trying to make it look like he's sitting on the bike without him looking like an inflatable. I've done the body,legs and feet. Just need to do the hands and head and then texture it.