Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Triotech

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other(please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
After whoring over Justice League: Battle for Metropolis the past 2 days, I was wondering- do people think Sally or Triotech make better dark rides?

Sally: Sally Corp. has been in the business longer than Triotech, so they have a bit more experience. They do more animatronics and real thematic pieces, but have more cartoony graphics. When it comes to actual dark rides, they have quite a bit of variety, ranging from thrilling 4D rides to mild boat rides. They make quite a few interactive rides, as well as plain old dark rides.

Triotech: Triotech has a LOT more variety. They have theaters, arcade machines, dark rides, (some might argue roller coasters), and make movies as well. Speaking of which, movies and visuals are their strongpoint. Though they lack in physical themes, their 3D visuals are really well done and look great. Their technology is also advancing faster. Just this past year, they announced a hand motion interactive dark ride at IAAPA.

If you have any others, please share and why they're so good.

Personally, I choose Sally. They have a lot more experience, and just blew me away with JLBFM. The immersion on the screens is insane, and their physical theming is really well done. They're also more versatile when it comes to actual dark rides. Triotech is good at theaters, but Sally has many different types of dark rides.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This is tough. Triotech are more innovative than Sally which makes them more fun to some degree. On the other hand, Sally are masters of their craft and will deliver quality albeit in a predictable package. I've not tried any of the JL dark rides yet but if I hear about a Triotech ride I think "that's cool", but when I hear Sally, I know it's going to be good before building begins.

It's a toss of a coin but because John Wood (Sally CEO) is fab and my first cocker spaniel was called Sally, I'm going for Sally.

davidm

Strata Poster
My childhood pet dog (a retriever) was also a Sally ; always assumed it was a stupid name for a dog but my little sister wouldn't stop crying unless we called it Sally.

--

Went on the new Justice League and the triotech thing at Knotts least year - they were both very good ; thought the shooting was better on the Sally one, the big screens better on the triotech. Think the big screens edged it for me, but both were miles better than some of the dross dark ride/shooters of the last generation.