What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
This project was probably delayed from 2019 to 2020. No way they are getting an Intamin 10-looper up for the summer when only footers and groundwork are being done.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
This rumour is so wierd, but Flamingo Land do make wierd decisions and always have. I used to be a big fan and would visit a lot, but their recent removals, installations and bizarre choices leave a lot to be desired. Hero for example.
They ripped out that old seaside area which a lot of families liked, to build a pretty poor kart track thats themed to concrete.

I'd rather they were building a Woodie, RMC T-Rex or some kind of flat ride to be honest.
But I do like Colossus and if it is the revised version with Lapbars i'd make a trip to the park more often.

Regarding opening it - Flamingo Land don't usually give a toss about when stuff opens. They'll usually get something nearly finished first, and then promote it after it's done. Marketing isn't their strong point.

Who knows, maybe they're shipping back Bullet or Magnum Force (one can only dream)

Dar

Hyper Poster
No cranes the past few days, too windy for them anyway. Had a peep from the carpark last night and nothing looks any different so far and there were no stacks of MACK or Intamin parts in view :p

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
You know, now I think about it,if ever there was a park in the UK suited to an RMC Raptor, it'd be Mingo. Such a shame there's very little chance of that coming to pass, it'd fit in well for them I feel.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
You know, now I think about it,if ever there was a park in the UK suited to an RMC Raptor, it'd be Mingo. Such a shame there's very little chance of that coming to pass, it'd fit in well for them I feel.
I kind of feel like a Raptor would be too similar to Mumbo Jumbo though (depending on the layout), at least in the eyes of the GP.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I kind of feel like a Raptor would be too similar to Mumbo Jumbo though (depending on the layout), at least in the eyes of the GP.

I really don't see how?

The trains are nothing alike, the pacing is nothing alike, the track is nothing alike, the experiences are (presumably) nothing alike. I literally cannot see how anyone, even if they had no knowledge of coasters, could view Mumbo and a RMC Raptor as similar?

Dar

Hyper Poster
I'm wonder if they're still in the market for big thrill rides now, they seem to be focusing on the resort side of things at the moment, especially with buying the pub over the road and turning it into more accommodation.

Or maybe they're getting that woodie after all?

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
I'm wonder if they're still in the market for big thrill rides now, they seem to be focusing on the resort side of things at the moment, especially with buying the pub over the road and turning it into more accommodation.

Or maybe they're getting that woodie after all?
For me, that's sort of the main problem with them - I'm not sure what they're trying to be. The name implies a kiddie's zoo, the karts are a family-friendly type thing, they're doing the resort stuff like you say and yet Kumali is still kind of their big symbol and that and (inexplicably) Hero still feature heavily in their promotion. It seems an oddly ill-defined park.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I think they're consolidating. They're in a relatively unique location in that they're not under any real competition from BPB or Alton Towers and can rely on 'local' visits from Yorkshire/Lincolnshire to get by. They've got enough attractions to appeal to most age ranges, so now it's about turning it from a one-day visit to a two-day visit, and the first step is obviously to expand the accommodation.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
I think they're consolidating. They're in a relatively unique location in that they're not under any real competition from BPB or Alton Towers and can rely on 'local' visits from Yorkshire/Lincolnshire to get by. They've got enough attractions to appeal to most age ranges, so now it's about turning it from a one-day visit to a two-day visit, and the first step is obviously to expand the accommodation.
That's a very good point, actually.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Again, lifted from Facebook group “Flamingo Land Nostalgia Appreciation Group”.

Runaway train and cycle monorail being dismantled for removal/relocation. There is another photo of a clearing being made next to Zooom! which appears to fit Runaway Mine Trains layout.
Cycle monorail has been there for absolutely years so for me and the nostalgia it holds I’d like to see this elsewhere in the park but no clue as to where it could be if it is being relocated.

Anyway, I’m sure we can all agree on two things. 1. That something is definitely happening and it looks pretty major. 2. It won’t be opening in July lol

Attachments

• AEDC4A8A-251A-411F-85DB-5E7C2ACE43AE.jpeg
    AEDC4A8A-251A-411F-85DB-5E7C2ACE43AE.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 74
  • B3FCCD10-3E19-40A8-B633-9DFBB89F4406.jpeg
    B3FCCD10-3E19-40A8-B633-9DFBB89F4406.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 73

Matt N

CF Legend
If it's not opening in July, could the latter half of 2019 (say, September or October) be a possibility? I'd say that something major definitely looks to be coming to Flamingo Land very soon; I'd say within the next year or two, definitely.

Matt N

CF Legend
Major disappointment?

;)
I'm sure it'll be something reasonably good! Plenty of manufacturers offer low-cost, compact coasters that pack a major punch these days!

As for what it could be; I don't know why, but an Intamin 10-looper, even though I'm sure it would be fantastic, doesn't seem right for Flamingo Land to me. I could see something along the lines of an RMC Raptor or a new Vekoma (e.g. Formula, Lech) working better for them.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I love the excitement of mysterious groundwork going on at UK theme parks, the endless possibilities, the hope, the buzz, what could it be??? But realistically, if this movement of mud really was for a new coaster, of whatever size, wouldn't there be some sort of plans in place? Planning applications, consultations, basic blueprints, all that kinda stuff? Surely all that would be available for public scrutiny before the diggers moved in?