What's new

Roughest Coaster

reddude333

Giga Poster
Okay, so I think it's worth taking a Coasterforce poll for this. What is the roughest roller coaster you have ever been on? Was it wood, steel?

alexr

Hyper Poster
Steel, Tornado- M&Ds

Never again, Just pain and headbanging, saw girls in the next train come of crying after going on that death trap.

Cobra- La Ronde
Son of Beast- Kings Island
Wild Beast- Canada's Wonderland

Those three are the only three coasters I've ever been on that I can't enjoy due to their roughness.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ok, so this topic has been done to death before, but **** it. It's one of those that is bound to crop up a lot and I haven't seen one for, oooooohhhh, a few weeks at least.

The roughest/worst coaster in existance is Space 2000 in Korea, an old Meisho coaster that's similar to a Vekoma Whirlwind.

space%202000%201.jpg

Doesn't look like it should be that bad does it? Even the **** ing lift hill was rough. It's sheer pain from start to finish. Horrendous contraption.

Lofty

CF Legend
Wood - Magnus Collossus in Terra Mitica.

It is utter death. The first double drop CLEARLY has a kind of kink in it, if you sit back row it tears you out of your seat and slams you into the restraint, not in terms of airtime. but due to the horrible track section. It is just not worth riding at all!

T0M

Hyper Poster
The Ultimate, but I would still never describe it as painful like many people do.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I would have to say Diana beach hurricane
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RErllzPw64E[/youtube]
or rolling thunder.

reddude333

Giga Poster
All very good responses as far as I can tell. I agree about Viper at MM, however the problem for me is just that I am too tall so the restraints really sucked. They don't work with tall people at all. Also, anyone who put down a Vekoma coaster, I commend you...those things are the worst, but perhaps they will be rolling out some smoother ones in the years to come.

Now here's a bit of a side question to all who want to answer, how has your perception of these rides been formed by the roughness? Do you still like them or are they too rough to enjoy? Sometimes rough is good. I mean, what are wooden coasters for :p

reddude333

Giga Poster
All very good responses as far as I can tell. I agree about Viper at MM, however the problem for me is just that I am too tall so the restraints really sucked. They don't work with tall people at all. Also, anyone who put down a Vekoma coaster, I commend you...those things are the worst, but perhaps they will be rolling out some smoother ones in the years to come.

Now here's a bit of a side question to all who want to answer, how has your perception of these rides been formed by the roughness? Do you still like them or are they too rough to enjoy? Sometimes rough is good. I mean, what are wooden coasters for :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I have to agree with Son of Beat(with the old trains) and Villain. Absolutely awful.

Mean Streak, Psyclone, Wild Beast, and Ghost Rider were rough for me, but they weren't unbearable.

Also, another ride I feel is worth mentioning, even though it isn't rough, is Time Warp(or any other Volare flyer). They're just so snappy and ridiculous, they leave you uncomfortable.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Antinos said:
I have to agree with Son of Beat(with the old trains) and Villain. Absolutely awful.

Mean Streak, Psyclone, Wild Beast, and Ghost Rider were rough for me, but they weren't unbearable.

Also, another ride I feel is worth mentioning, even though it isn't rough, is Time Warp(or any other Volare flyer). They're just so snappy and ridiculous, they leave you uncomfortable.

So did you hate Son of Beast because it was so rough? Most people say it was a terrible coaster but I really wish I could have gone on it...sadly it was closed forever by the time I made it to Kings Island >:-(

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
When it had the old trains, I did hate it. The new trains made it bearable though. There were only a few spots of intense pain. Also, as far as we know, it's not closed forever.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Timberwolf. I swear when you guys were there for Live that was the best it ever was, I rode it a week later and I could hardly walk afterwards. My girlfriend went to the chiropractor the day before, and went a week later, and the doctor was like, uh what happened, her back got screwed up THAT much from that.

Racer. Bruised my ribs. Never again.

Snoo

The Legend
If that's the best there ever was.. I feel bad for whoever rides it on a bad day. It wasn't BAD.. but it was far from anywhere near good. ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
tomahawKSU said:
Timberwolf. I swear when you guys were there for Live that was the best it ever was, I rode it a week later and I could hardly walk afterwards.
I liked the ride we had together Tom. The POV came out great & doesn't look that rough either. I've ridden a lot worse. Surprised coming from a guy was has ridden Ghostrider as many times as you have.
tomahawKSU said:
Racer. Bruised my ribs. Never again.
At Kings Island? Can't imagine that. That one didn't even phase me what so ever. :?
SnooSnoo said:
...It wasn't BAD.. but it was far from anywhere near good. ;)
Really? I quiet liked the layout & it's better than Shivering Timbers. :p

Wild Beast isn't that bad Taylor. I like it rough and Legend, The Boss, Cyclone, Gwazi & Ghostrider are among my favorite woodies, so perhaps I'm a bit jaded, but even the wife rides that one. The three of us rode it again in September trying to figure out why it has that reputation. It's certainly nothing compared to Cyclone, Gwazi, Predator, Mean Streak or Son of Beast.
Although SoB was the roughest, it still wasn't the most painful. Nothing is more painful than Viper at SFGAdv was, but at least it wasn't rough.
0.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, Racer at KI, it was single handedly the worst experience on a coaster I have ever had, and I rode Psyclone at SFMM 5 times in a row.

I love GhostRider for what it is. Yeah, it is rough, almost unbearable in the back, but in the front its fine. I need to go back home and ride it again, its been over 2 years.

And like I told you that day, it had never ran that well. When my brother came out to visit, we rode it, and he was amazed at the amount of shuffling it had, and that was not even the worst I have experienced.

Steel wise, Windjammer was horrid.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Antinos said:
When it had the old trains, I did hate it. The new trains made it bearable though. There were only a few spots of intense pain. Also, as far as we know, it's not closed forever.

When you say new trains, do you refer to post-loop removal? Sorry, I would like to think I understand a lot about the Son of Beast story, but I don't.

Even if it reopened, would it be worth it? I have discussed this topic with a few other Coasterforce members and it seems they did not support any attempts to bring back the worlds first (and only to date) wooden hypercoaster. Plus...I will not revisit that area for a long time :-(

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
GASM at SFOG killed my spine. It was... so... amazing but OMG PAIN.

It is one of those you have to sit in the middle of the car on? I was sat on the wheel.

The airtime on that thing is mental. I swear I was standing 90% of the time, but christ my spine. It was like it was being forcibly crushed vertically. It was so bad I was concerned it would break.

At the same park, Ninja is pretty atrocious.