What's new

Rollercoaster Kills Tot

Dave

CF Legend
Not the fairs fault. Its the parents fault not having the tot on its reins. I bet they'll sue.

Emmett

Giga Poster
God that accident sounds awful. The parents are certainly to blame especially as the child had managed to leave the bouncy castle and walk over to the Go-Gator track without his parents seeing him. What the hell were they doing not to see him. Even on a bouncy castle they should be watching the child because they can be dangerous too and accidents can happen.

Ollie

CF Legend
I read about this on Yahoo news but they just said a fairground ride and didn't mention what it was that happened exactly. It's a shame but if the parents were looking after it it couldn't of got in. And Go-Gators don't even go that fast so he must of got hit in the head hard or something.
And on Yahoo news it said he fell from a ride. Yet this one is saying he broke through a barrier and got hit by it.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Trouble is the Fair will still get slammed for it, some people just don't have a clue that the barriers are there for a reason. They all need educating.

Shame that a child has lost it life, but it will become another statistic for the arong reasons.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Oh ****, thats the funfair down the road from me! I went there the day before the thing opened to walk around.

Keith Miller operates most of North Londons fair grounds and they are a highly respected company. I wonder what will happen now, will they still have a contract with the councils or will we have a new operator now?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
How does a 2-year-old "break down barriers" and get "on the track"?

I mean a go-gator, as shown in the picture, is more than 3 feet tall, even at it's low points.

I'm guessing we've got inadequate fencing, combined with an inattentive ride operator.

Should the parents have seen the kid leave the bounce-house? Of course, but they cannot be solely to blame here.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I wasn't criticizing the fair by the way. But I mean in this industry it is the Fairground where the most accidents occur, be it because they are generally in smaller areas with bigger 'crowds.' I do think the parents should have been watching the child with more care but if a baby/toddler can get through a barrier maybe the ride could do with more support in preventing such a thing happening? Just a thought really...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't like the title of this topic. The roller coaster didn't kill him as that suggest negligence by the operators of the fair, which wasn't the case.

All the same it's a pity when anybody loses their life at any entertainment venue.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Welcome to Great Britain, home of the irresponsible parents club, featuring such celebrities as the McCanns.....

Seriously, why do parents keep not looking after their kids properly! It makes me so angry, surely parents realise that children are mischievous but also vulnerable and shouldn't be let out of their sight whilst still in their toddler years. Ridiculous. I wish I could say I have sympathy for them but I really don't.

Man, that's terrible.

I can see that it was the fault of the parents, but if he really was able to break down barriers, maybe the fair should have had more secure fencing?

Tragic either way.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Thats exactly what I said. Yes the parents should have been watching the child with more care but if the child could easily obstruct the tract then the fencing can't have been very secure. Its pretty tragic.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
You can't idiot proof everything in life.

It's tragic, but my sympathy stops there. The ultimate responsibility lies with the two people who should have been watching their kid.