What's new

RollerCoaster Designer

Meathead

Roller Poster
Hi, I did not know where to post this but anyway,

I am a 3d model designer and architect been one for 5 years, I am wondering what is the best or used software that roller coaster engineers use to build there coasters with. I have tried NoLimits Coaster simulator but I can not export my main coasters into my 3d applications such as Autocad or 3ds max. Would anyone know what is a good piece of software that I can use to justify the physics of my coaster and more.

Thanks

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Most coaster designers use custom produced software for calculating forces and the like.

I think they still use standard software like AutoCAD for basic design work, but to actually calculate out the physics, it's custom software and/or modules.

Though I think they use No Limits quite often as a "demonstration" package to sell or demonstrate a coaster design.

Meathead

Roller Poster
Yea I was thinking that, I can build the coaster in my 3d app but would not know how much force or pressure behind it, It would need to finish the coaster...I want the details of it due to the fact I have just ordered 3 3d printers and tend too print the coaster out in parts and rebuild it along with doing some basic engineering for the lifter and such