What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
valleyfair! said:

That was a great show!

Xcelerator never gets much mention, so it was nice for it to be used.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
^ Yeah I actually enjoyed them I hope they expand it beyond Knott's though cause I feel it would get a little old after a while. But I do agree that it's good Knott's in general gets more attention especially Xcelerator.

A

Anonymous

Ok this isnt really a show ABOUT a roller coaster, but its a GAMESHOW on a roller coaster. Its on Cartoon Network. Now the first thing your thinking is that its a stupid little kid show. It isnt. Saturday at 8 watch it. People try to answer trivia questions while riding a roller coaster. Its pretty cool! cool)

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
It was on Wednesday or Thursday too.

It was a good programme, but wasn't much coverage of Led Zeppelin - construction was well underway as soon as it started.

Featured Maximum RPM most.

Worth a watch though. :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Heres a new short Saw Documentry from BBC Fastrack which wasn't shown in the UK but on BBC World channel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8263043.stm

If you look carefully you can see me and my mum standing like extras in the background of some shots and they even caught us ON Saw at one point ;)

With a potential 70millon viewers, it was hard for the park to turn it down!

Ben

CF Legend
If this guy is in charge of the next generation of rides... and he likes Saw... I'm quitting being an enthusiast.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
There was a TV program on coasters on NRK yesterday. It was made for an American audience in 2003, and the facts weren't updated when they translated it. They kept saying that TTD was the fastest coaster on Earth, that Oblivion was the only Vertical Drop coaster, that Air was the only Flyer, and that Superman. The Escape was awesome. Also, they stated that Drop Towers didn't exist ten years ago. TusenFryd's own SpaceShot was built in 1998.

Way to go, NRK. Check facts next time.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
If this guy is in charge of the next generation of rides... and he likes Saw... I'm quitting being an enthusiast.

I agree...

Saw is still being overhyped to stupid proportions and the general stuff related to the annoying guy was indeed, annoying...

Coasters that will change based on your own emotions... Gah, how boring, don't want every ride to be the same for me, would be extremely pointless being a ride enthusiast and pointless travelling around if they would all work around to suit my needs...

Saw the HRP one and thought it was good, but found it funny the way they tried to make it look really busy at the end...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Tonight on Channel 5 at 7:30 - Program detailing the engineering that has gone in to making roller coasters. Starting from the Russian Ice slides, going up to modern day coasters.

Could be good?

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I have recorded channel 5, let's just hope they don't mention the wrong rides like most programmes :p

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Knowing Channel 5, they'll probably show a load of american coasters that I wouldn't of seen/been on but maybe heard so im looking foward to it :D