Rita VS Stealth

• Rita, Alton Towers

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Stealth, Thorpe Park

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Recently, I've been thinking of making a whole 'series' of forums, with two similar and well-matched rides/coasters battling it out against each other...and now here's my first one....

Rita vs Stealth. The only two Intamin accelerator/rocket coasters in the UK and completely different in layout...

Rita (http://www.coasterforce.com/world-park- ... sters/rita) is one of the top 5 coasters at Alton Towers, and although voted last by the poll, packs a significant punch. It sticks very low to the ground without reaching higher than 70ft and features plenty of banked turns and airtime hills.

Stats:
Length: 2099' 9"
Height: 68' 11"
Inversions: 0
Speed: 61.1 mph
Duration: 0:25
G-Force: 4.7
Max Acceleration: 0 - 61.1 mph in 2.5 seconds

Stealth (http://www.coasterforce.com/world-park- ... rs/stealth) is TP's signature attraction and is the tallest launched coaster in the Uk, topping off at 205ft, before plummeting down. Although considered a smaller and inferior version of SFGA's Kingda Ka, it offers thrills for thrill seekers around the world and with break-neck acceleration that will almost give you a face-lift!

Stats:
Length: 1312' 4"
Height: 205' 1"
Inversions: 0
Speed: 80 mph
Max Vertical Angle: 90 Degrees
G-Force: 4.5
Max Acceleration: 0 - 80 mph in 1.9 seconds
Elements:
205' 1" tall Top Hat - Outside
Hill

My verdict? It's difficult because they both have completely different layout, however, I prefer Rita because it's longer and I actually find it more forceful than stealth...enough about me though...

What do you think?

Please reply! :--D

New poll every 1/2 weeks

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I've only ridden Stealth, but it was kind of short :S. I prefer the longer launch coaster and Rita looks pretty sick. So my vote goes to Rita

sean

Mega Poster
Stealth may be a alot shorter but is a much more thrilling ride in my opinion. Rita is is spoilt by being so painful and rough.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
CoasterCrazy said:
Recently, I've been thinking of making a whole 'series' of forums, with two similar and well-matched rides/coasters battling it out against each other

Please don't. Or if you're going to at least try and be more "broad" with the coasters you choose.

Not being funny, but your only real frame of reference seems to be Alton/Thorpe/Chessington and we really don't need any more Nemesis vs. Inferno type topics; they've been done to absolute death.

Anyway, Stealth. Rita is ****.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Stealth for me, Its faster and has the height, although it lasts about 4 seconds it provides the kind of buzz that Rita can only dream of. Rita provides me with nothing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Did you know that these were actually meant to be one ride, but Thorpe didn't have enough space and so they separated it and made it into two separate rides? It's true!

Anyway, Stealth forever baby. It's better than Ka <3

T0M

Hyper Poster
^ I've never believed that. They probably thought it'd be good to add something interesting after the top hat, but I doubt they were ever 'supposed' to be one ride.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Vomit in the bin or the toilet? It's an equivalent kind of retch for me to make the decision between the two of them.

Rita, because when I'm not going on that because it's crap I'm at Alton, rather than not going on Stealth which means I'm at Thorpe :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Tom G said:
^ I've never believed that. They probably thought it'd be good to add something interesting after the top hat, but I doubt they were ever 'supposed' to be one ride.

I was kidding ;]

Anyway, Stealth forever baby. It's better than Ka <3

No. :p

I enjoyed both coasters, but I think I preferred Stealth simply because of the launch being so powerful. Rita's launch actually took be by surprise and it had some nice airtime, but in the end it just was a bit forgettable.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Ka's launch is like, the biggest anti-climax in my life ever. Here's this ride that I've held up on a pedestal pretty much forever, then when I finally get to ride the thing, the launch packs no sort of punch whatever. It's just too....gradual. I like the 'I've just been punched in the gut' feeling that Stealth's launch gives, and Ka was just lacking in that. For me, these rides are all about the launch and yes, Ka's descent was exhilarating and fun, the disappointment of the launch was just too much for me to ignore.

Stealth <3

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Out of these 2, Stealth. Both of these are 2 different types of machines (even though both by Intamin). Stealth goes for the height and fear factor where-as Rita has more of a layout with high speed corners.

A fairer match would of been Velocity and Rita, both very similar with their layouts of turns and hills.

T0M

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
Tom G said:

I was kidding ;]

Well baited, I always bite well on that...

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
Stealth, there is no competition! Rita's launch is alright, but after that it really doesn't do anything. Stealth's launch is 5 times better, but also doesn't do too much after the launch. So, basically, it comes down to the launch, and stealth's launch is EASILY the best part of any coaster I have ridden. It is just fantastic!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Yes, and recently I've noticed that it's not breaking down so much...

gavin said:
[Please don't. Or if you're going to at least try and be more "broad" with the coasters you choose.

Not being funny, but your only real frame of reference seems to be Alton/Thorpe/Chessington and we really don't need any more Nemesis vs. Inferno type topics; they've been done to absolute death

I'll try being a bit more broad then...I'll do 3-5 choices instead of just two (sometimes). Also, I'll try to do less obvious ones in the future...what about Dragons Fury, Chessington vs Sonic Spinball, AT or perhaps Kraken vs Dominator?

Who actually likes this kind of forum? (please answer the poll question too :--D )

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Save for the creator of the poll (I think poll is the word you're looking for, not forum), pretty much only the newcomers. That's the harsh way of saying it. Unless the coaster in question (one or both) is really new, well-known and they have enough in common to be fairly compared (say, Diamondback and Intimidator), the topic won't get much attention.

I think the "Stealth vs. Rita", "Nemesis vs. Nemesis Inferno" "Kingda Ka vs. Top Thrill Dragster" and more recently "Oblivion vs. Saw" topics are the most common ones we have on this forum. Most of the "veterans" on here get that "Oh no, AGAIN?!?" feeling when we see another of those popping up. We have our annual(?) coaster tournaments here, as well as the Airtime Awards, which come across as the perfect time to compare and discuss coasters 'till the cows come home.

That being said, yours stand out for several reasons: You spelled both names properly, the first post said more than "plz vote", and you didn't make more than one poll at a time. All in all, one of the better ways to present such a topic.