What's new

Rides you have a soft spot for.

The rides at Geauga Lake, particularly Double Loop, will always have a soft spot for me. That is where my enthusiasm grew and I remember whoring the **** out of Double Loop when I was about 7 or 8, many many times in a row.

Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain is another one, probably just for being so weird but I also had a great time on it.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Muntanya Russa at Tibidabo because I spent SO many hours working it and it's so much fun. I love seeing people's smily faces as the trains pulls into the station.

Dragon Khan because it was my first coaster with inversions and got me hooked in coasters.

The Ultimate because nothing or nobody could prepare me for what was coming. Simply stunning and amazing!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
LiveForTheLaunch said:
The rides at Geauga Lake, particularly Double Loop, will always have a soft spot for me. That is where my enthusiasm grew and I remember whoring the **** out of Double Loop when I was about 7 or 8, many many times in a row.
I remember when Double Loop was stuck upside down on one of the loops when I was younger. That was THE definition of extreme roller coasters when I lived in Youngstown.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Swarm at TP, Wild Mouse at Blackpool, Megafobia at Oakwood, Flying Fish at TP, Collossos at Heidi Park. All of Cedar Point's Rides & at Kings Island.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
SooperDooperLooper. It's fun to say, and it's funky, and the loop has a lot of nice hangtime at the top and forces at the bottom. Me likey.

kimahri

CF Legend
I dunno actually. There isn't really anything I would say I have a soft spot for in it's definintion.

I guess The New Metrocoaster since the metty center is like 20mins from home and 10 from work. Would have been quite convenient if Metroland was still kicking. I like Colossus as well, bite me.

I am quite intruged by Togo coasters. Something about their infamy is interestimg to me. Only ever done shockwave at KD though so I'm not entirely sure where that stands in relation to the others...

NAPayne14

Roller Poster
A ride I have a soft spot for has to be the Legend. Although it may be one of the more rickety CCIs, it was my first coaster ever and I just love the feel of being wiped over the top of its lift into the drop :--D

alex_1

Roller Poster
I technically loathe SLC's, but if there's one at a park I visit I have to ride it. I hate them, but I'm drawn to them.

Lancebloke

Roller Poster
Always had a soft spot for Nemesis at Alton Towers. First big ride I ever went on and still one of the best.

Also like the Vampire at Chessington World of Adventures. Not exactly a white knuckle ride but it is quite fun steaming through the street above peoples heads.

Only been on it once, but Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park is the wettest ride I have ever been on and so that is one I always look forward to... when the weather is nice anyway.

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
After being on the opening team for Aftershock at Silverwood, becoming the lead operator, then the lead trainer, then the lead supervisor overseeing the ride (as well as the rest of the department), Shock has a real soft spot in my heart. She's a stubborn gal but a fun one nonetheless. Way fun to operate, especially in manual mode ;)

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Pikajuna - Linnanmäki
This MACK powered coaster was the first major ride I got to operate while working at Linnanmäki. I was super excited! Did you know that its speed is controlled manually by the ride-op during the ride? And that it's also braked and stopped totally manually? It was kinda nerve-racking to train because if you fail good time, the train starts to run backwards causing a fault :p Anyway, I've always loved Pikajuna as a ride too. Can't really explain it, but the way it flows just looks graceful.

Jet Star - Särkänniemi
A Schwarzkopf classic. Solid and fairly intense ride, but the reason it conquered my heart is the design. So compact yet so good and long. Also the colors (red rails, black supports) are probably my favourite color combination :)