What's new

Rides with pre-shows/films

marc

CF Legend
I only really count pre shows that you have to do and not ones you only do when there is a queue. Therefore for me Spiderman etc are not counted.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
preshows

Most Disney coasters and rides have them to add to the theming.

As for the coasters I have been on, several have had graphics and short videos in the queue, but the only legit "pre-show" has been the Batman the Dark Knight indoor clone at Six flags parks.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom has an alright one, but I think film-wise Hex's is pretty great, which is strange because Duels is horrendous.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Duels is awesome what you on about?! Especially when it's VERY loud, that makes it even better.

I think T2:3D has the best pre-show I can think of. It really is stunning. ToT is pretty awesome too, suprised that hasn't already been said, and Mr Steven Tyler next door.

Just a quick note, worst ones? All special effect shows, Armagedon and Eartquake come to mind.

Men In Black has a pretty good one.

CMonster

Giga Poster
The Simpson's Ride has one, it's okay... plus it has random screens throughout the queue and stuff.

Can't think of any others that haven't been said.

LINKY

Roller Poster
Duel @ Alton Towers(News Reports)
Oblivion @ Alton Towers(tv's in queue line telling you your going to die)
Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror @ Disneyland Paris(Study room what happened to the hotel and on ride before you drop you go up two different levels. one looking in a mirror and then you disapear then you look down a long hallway and 5 ghosts appear then dissapear

mouse

Giga Poster
There's one for oblivion at Alton towers that gets played in the queue line. The video kinda puts you off the actual ride

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The Madhouse at Park Asterix (can't remember the name) has an excellent preshow. It's better than the actual ride to be fair - fountains and projections and bubbles and stuff.

Treeis

Mega Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dMZcXJGWeI[/youtube]
The first 5 minutes of this video is a pretty good short film made for Nemesis.

Ollie

CF Legend
They should really play that Nemesis video in the queue as it'd explain more about the ride as your queueing.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
They'd have to update it first...

90s CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE! I love that video, but it wouldn't add anything to Nemmie... Big Alien, Big Pit, Roller-Coaster... That's all it needs really...

Besides, Towers don't believe in story-driven rides...

spicy

Giga Poster
I love that video, John Wardley is so enthusiastic explaining the layout. :)

It is a shame Alton don't show some of that video on the disused TV's in the queuelines really.