What's new

Rides at Thorpe Park

Darren B

Giga Poster
choluby said:
gavin said:
Just go to the park and enjoy yourself!

I'll never understand why people (not just you choluby, it happens a lot) can't just go to a park and find out for themselves instead of asking a million pointless questions.

Where's the fun?!

But what if I get to the park and my friends don't go on the rides?

That would ruin my birthday treat! :(

Ok in simple terms....

Nemesis is more intense than Nemesis Inferno however NI can be slightly disorientating.
Oblivion is far more intimidating than Saw but Saw is a headbanger.
Stealth is a better and more forceful ride than Rita. And don't be put off by the height, You hardly notice it when riding.
Collosus looks worse than it rides however it can be rough.
X No Way out is crock of **** but try it by all means, its tame!!

Or.... to save yourself all the hassle maybe you should take a few friends that actually have a pair!! :wink:

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
I did Kingda Ka when I was 11 or 12 (opening year).
Tell your friends to shut up and ride or you wont take them.
That's how I got my friend Kyle to like rollercoasters during my college road trip. I dragged him kicking and screaming onto Bizarro.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
choluby said:
But what if I get to the park and my friends don't go on the rides?

And how is asking people on here "is ________ scary?" going to prevent that?

All you can get on here is an opinion. I don't find any of the rides at Thorpe "scary" at all. Some of my friends might be a bit intimidated by Saw or Stealth, but would ride anyway. Some of my friends might need a lot of convincing. Some of my friends would go to the park and quite happily sit out the bigger rides. Some of my friends wouldn't go near a theme park if I paid for them to get in and hired a limo to take us.

Asking us if "Nemesis Inferno is scary" with regards to your friends is a stupid question. How the hell should we know?

Honestly, if you're being this ridiculous and stressing about the whole thing, just go bloody bowling instead. Either that or just GO to the park.

If your friends ride, they ride. If they don't, they don't. Nothing anyone can say in this pointless topic is going to affect that.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Just get them to queue up with you, distract them from thinking about the rides. As I have said before go on nemesis inferno first, its great fun and rather tame, in my opinion. What I did to build up to riding the bigger rides was riding some tamer rides like no way out, quantum, zodiac and loggers leap, leading to the bigger rides. Force them to join the queue, sure they can leave, but I know for a fact that helps. I say build up with the rides I suggested in that order then just queue for nemesis inferno, don't let them dawdle force them to queue straight away. Buying time after a good build up just wastes everything.

Hope that helps!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Apparently Storm surge has quite a big queue as well, however I'd definitely go straight to Saw first and try to get on it before the queue gets to about 2 hours as it usually does.

You could do Nemisis inferno first if you wanted but the only time that it it really gets a queue is later in the day, where it can get to around 2 hours! (Also front seat on Inferno is AMAZING so it's definitely worth getting in the front rider queue at the end of the day)

Good luck getting your friends on stealth!

choluby

Roller Poster
DarrenBloomfield said:
gavin said:
Just go to the park and enjoy yourself!

I'll never understand why people (not just you choluby, it happens a lot) can't just go to a park and find out for themselves instead of asking a million pointless questions.

Where's the fun?!

This is a very valid point Gavin, And to be honest i don't think our opinion would mean for much.
He states in his first post that his friend was fine on Apocolype and Oblivion but was scared of Thirteen! Im pretty sure that not many CFers would share that opinion meaning our feedback wouldn't be of much use anyways.

It might be the minimum restraints and most of the rides at thorpe have otsrs.

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
choluby said:
I want to take 2 friends to Thorpe Park but just don't know if I'll be the only one going on the rides.

One of them couldn't breath on rita and nemesis but loved apocalypse, shockwave and oblivion but didn't like 13. The other one is a bit less scared :greenjumpers:

my advice to them is just do it! I know people who were so scared to get in stealth (which is the scariest ride there) but i just said "trust me, you will love it" and sure enough they did... before the launch it is quite scary, but at the end you're very happy you faced your fears.... and with the others, they may look bad, but they are nothing when you're on them... hope this helps :)