What's new

Reddude333's RCT3 Creations - Projekt Asia Teaser Update

reddude333

Giga Poster
So I decided to make an RCT3 topic much like the development topics for NoLimits but with posts showing projects I'm working on in RCT3. I'll just post pictures and POVs here periodically. It would be awesome as always to get feedback from all of you.

My first post will be regarding the project I have most recently started. The coaster is titled Annihilator and is my first wingrider design. I just recently got a new CTR and it looks awesome. It's got four inversions and a post-apocalyptic theme. Here are a few pics just to start things off:

Inside the station
Annihilator1.png

Heartline roll element
Annihilator2.png

Start of the lift
Annihilator3.png

I still have a lot of work left (supports, additional scenery, etc.) so I will be sure to make updates.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Reddude333's RCT3 Creations

Which CTR is that? I had NightFlight but it wasn't that great....

Colossus

Giga Poster

Real nice looking, that first picture is awesome.

^ Yeah I have NightFLight also, the question I have is, where has this new one came from? I regularly check the same sharing pages and I have not seen this anywhere?

reddude333

Giga Poster

Here's another project I'm working on simultaneously. It's a 2-across X-train floorless CTR (created by Imagineer John and Revolutionary Rides). I've titled it Avalanche and it's in the same "park" (or really file) as Yeti from Josh's comp. It contains 6 inversions as well as an indoor launch section. I would like to expand this "Winter Wonderland" as I have unofficially titled it to include a lodge and slopes, chairlift, etc. Considered building this coaster in the lodge but ultimately went with the small station building...probably will happen at some point though...

Peek inside the station building, which is definitely not finished yet
Avalanche1.png

First turn after the lift
Avalanche2.png

First major drop
Avalanche3.png

Overall shot of Avalanche in the beautiful winter snow
Avalanche4.png

I'm gonna preemptively link to the CTRs even though they are much easier to find than the Wingrider was:

http://www.revolutionaryrides.net/Maurer.html

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Nice neat terrain (family?) coaster in the snow!

Nothing bad to say about it, with it's compact footprint that'd sell in the real world!

How did you get that background? I swear you can't get that as a standard feature of platinum! Is it CS? Still beautiful anyway!

Here's a cool CTR that you might be interested in...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFhygLNUY4&feature=related[/youtube]

:--D

reddude333

Giga Poster

That CTR looks very similar to one of the other X-Car CTRs from revolutionary rides but I might try it out. Also, I wouldn't call this a family coaster (with 5 inversions and all) but thank you for the comments and compliments.

As for the background. It's actually pretty simple to get it. Just start by making a park in the scenario editor. From the main menu press "Tools" then "Scenario Editor" and then you can change many things like the background, climate, park size, etc.

reddude333

Giga Poster

So here is an update after finishing up all the support work for Annihilator. I haven't placed footers yet, but I'm not sure yet if I plan to at all. Other scenery and effects have been added as well. I am currently waiting for some Wing Coaster catwalks to come out and I've been searching for some that will work. If anyone can help (Colossus, I know you had some for your Wingrider) me find some that would be great.

So here is a first shot from street level. You can see inside the station and queue a bit.
Annihilator4.png

Finally an overall shot of the ride.
Annihilator5.png

I really like this shot of the zero-G and the other train below.
Annihilator6.png

Here's a daytime view into the in-line twist building.
Annihilator7.png

And now a couple POVs. The first is taken from the left side and is at dusk and the second is taken from the right side completely at night.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Cr1rjydVM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz09kRQmWJM[/youtube]

Tell me what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. I am thinking about posting some screenshots of a couple projects I was working on a while ago (and may come back to).

scw55

Hyper Poster

Only gripe I can make it that I think that a Track Support Horizontal section smashes into the face of the riders during the undercover twin barrel rolls (0:43) [narrowly misses the first one but utterly collides with the second).

Are barrel roll into a Large Hoop/Any other half of a loop-thing the norm for first drops with this coaster type? I've seen it a lot in RCT and IRL layouts for Wingriders.

(Adore everything else)

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Roughly the same comment for me, there's decapitation on the left side at 0:43 :S

Otherwise, I'm quite pleased by the layout and the pace of the coaster. I really feel the gloomy atmosphere of a post-apocalyptic drama in the POVs - though I would add a few more rocks to emphasize how ruined are the buildings, and that nature has taken back control of the place.

Nice job ! I don't see coasters with that theme so often, and I'm really glad to see a such one.

reddude333

Giga Poster

I feared that someone might address that part with the support beam. I think the truth is that the train narrowly misses it, but since from the view of the POV (perhaps it is a bit raised from the seat) it looks like decapitation station, haha. I might fix it regardless of the fact that I'm pretty sure there isn't a collision. You can kinda see in the last picture I posted...to me it doesn't look like the seats make any contact with that support beam.

@scw55, not exactly sure what your question is regarding the first drop. It seems that you have answered your own question by saying that you've seen it in "IRL layouts for Wingriders". Anyway, the answer is yes (sort of), because although coasters like X-Flight and Swarm have similar first drops, they have a slight predrop going into the first element.

@portemine: Thank you. Yes I thought it would be fun to go for similar theming as some of the Wing Coasters that we have seen coming out but with a slightly different take. The theming is actually not complete. In fact, I added a few things right after posting these pics, haha. Thanks for the suggestion about nature taking control...I've already got ideas whirling around in my head as I am writing this response :-D

scw55

Hyper Poster

@reddude333 I don't think I explicitly stated any question sorry. What I meant was, is that drop element a new 'fad'? As with radical initial drops had gone with the route of 'beyond vertical', this seems to be a massive leap in creativity. Is this drop element now 'fashionable'?
Though I was talking about IRL designs. People have been doing that in RCT for years.

I had never expected to see a twist into a half-inversion as a drop after a lift hill IRL, as I thought the train would need a certain amount of velocity when going into the inversion to stop it being painful/stressful (in a bad way). In the game when I wanted that element, I'd have a small pre-drop to build up speed so the twist->inversion drop flowed smoother. Sorry about going off-topic whilst talking about IRL instead of your work.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Swarm? X-flight?

A few real-life examples of that element. and they should ride fine.

reddude333

Giga Poster

^ I kinda already mentioned those in my previous post, but nice try :p

^^Yeah, I know what you mean, they have become popular for wing coasters. I don't see any reason they would be painful considering the little predrop in real-life models. Also, the low center of gravity of these trains allows for you to take that twist with much less speed (at least that makes sense to me). I totally know what you mean about it being used in RCT for years though. You did it, I did it...I think almost everyone did, haha.

reddude333

Giga Poster

So I have been really busy lately but I do have some new stuff (some of it a bit dated) but nonetheless new releases. First off I have a question about these catwalks I got for Annihilator. I can't decide yet if I like them or if they just seem awkward. And you may (or may not) notice a couple other changes I made since my last post.

Annihilator8.png

If you participated in/have been following my contest you may have noticed the dueling Eurofighters I used for the comp pic. I didn't really have plans to complete them or do any sort of extensive work on them...but I just couldn't resist. Admittedly, they do have a few flaws (mostly a couple deadly collision points) but they are aesthetically pleasing (at least I think) and I like the way they turned out.

Scenic shot with mountain in the background
EuroTwins1.png

First hill after initial drop
EuroTwins2.png

MCBR and some of the following layout
EuroTwins3.png

Oh, and a shot from inside the building...nothing too special
EuroTwins4.png

And now for a teaser of a project I was working on a while ago and hope to get back to soon.

SkullIsland1Real.png

SkullIsland1.png

...and...

SkullIsland2Real.png

SkullIsland2.png

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Not entirely convinced by the catwalks either. There must be a way to improve this.
The double Eurofighter looks fine indeed.