What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

cpdude2

Mega Poster
How do I delete evry single fricken' trace of Steel worx off of my computer so that o never have to bother with it again. I'd appreciate a quick response Before I go trapezoid on my computer.

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Ormerod- can you be a little more specific?
Do you get any errors as it crashes?

Have you installed any other types of custom scenery?

cpdude2-
Delete the folder in themed/style.

this folder (unless you changed it):
C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon? 3\Style\Themed

Mine's in a folder called Pumper-SteelWorx.
and, you want to delete that folder which would get ride of the scenery pack.

do you have wild? That will make an error with stealworks if you didnt upgrade it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
I have Soaked! and Wild.

Anyway, just took a pic of it...

Picture

I have an answer to your problem Peep! Hurray the me!!!

Build the pyramid in sections around the park, then save them as custom buildings. When you place the custom building top piece, it will sit high without your cursour going off the screen.

I dunno if you get what I mean (and I know you've wrecked it now, but for future reference :) )

Sax Man

Mega Poster
^
yea, I didn't know about that concept untill after i read that post :p.

But, to expand on furi's post.

Its called 'Modular Building' where, as furi said, you build it in section, then put it together.

Theirs a tutorial on this (listed in the FAQ). It can be accessed here:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=516573

But, furi explained it, that just goes more indepth if you didn't understand him :p, and it also gives some tips on how to do that building style.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Badgers. A week or so ago, I came across a really useful tutorial on building walls over paths. Absolutely badgered if I can find it again.

I'd love to be able to get wall sections on the same square as a path section (peeps could walk through doorways and things).

Anyone know how to do it, or got a link to the tutorial (I have spent an hour looking, so I'm not just lazily asking :lol: )

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ormerod said:
Ok my big question is how do u make a realistic waterfall to blend in with the environment??

I'm just starting to play with waterfalls, so I'll be able to detail it more in a tutorial in the near future.

However, if you make a basic, square waterfall, you can add wall times around it, and roof tiles on top to make it look like it's been "built". That will let it fit in.

You can also try adding foliage to surrounding areas and theming to try and take the sharpness off it.

Also, check the Stuff Saxman has linked too both at the start of this thread, and in the RCT3 tutorials thread :)

Peter

Hyper Poster
I've just brought Wild! :D

Anway, I'm having trouble with the fences for the animals. After around 10 mins of placing an animal in them, the fences start to collapse.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong? And how do I stop them from collapsing? I'm spending most of my time fixing the fences rather than building the rest of my park.

Ps, am I fixing them right? At the moment i'm just deleting the section with a broken fence and replacing it with a new bit. Do I need mechanics or something?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You need to make sure you're using the right fences for the right animals. I can't remember the exact ones, but you need say electric fences for large herbivores, but wooden fences are fine for small ones.

If your copy is anythnig liek mine, the instructions or on a PDF doc and not printed. I'd just do the tutorials, or look at the bubble help when you go to buy an animal! :)

A

Anonymous

I need help
how do you get lights in your station
and where the extra package thing that you download that gives you supports in all? and if so I need to know how to upload it on to a disk to put on my rct3 computer

Sax Man

Mega Poster
I'm guessing you want to download the light pack, and the steelworx supports pack?

Both download links are in my FAQ(first post in this thread) under 'Custom Scenery.'

You want Pumper steelworx(for the custom supports), and DRP's Lightz.
Click on the links in there, and they will give you instructions on how to download, and what to do.

All you have to do is burn the files you download to a CD, then install it on the RCT3 compy.

Theirs tutorials on installing custom scenery in my FAQ as well.

A

Anonymous

Im having some major trouble Im trying to dwonload steel worx and I have those small memory things that you hook up to the USB port and I can get it on my other computer but I dont know what im suppose to do if that makes sense I saved the software on this computer then transferd it to my other I unzip it in the RCT3 file but nothing works I am also confused at where in the game will I fing the supports
I hope you understand this!
Thanks
-CF101

Sax Man

Mega Poster
so..are you having USB drive problems?

Or, RCT3 custom scenery installation problems?

I got somewhat lost at about "im suppose to do if that makes sense".
It would also help if you used periods so I know when your transferring from one sentence to another.

A

Anonymous

Ok Ill tell you step by step I know its confusing
1. I got the program(steelworx) on my other computer.
2.I unzip it and it says all files extracted ok.
3. No what do I do?

Sax Man

Mega Poster
Did you choose the manual or simple install?

I'm guessing you have the auto install, unless you have a folder sitting in front of you.

All you have to do is run the game, and they should be located under general walls. Look for "steelworx".

If you have a folder, you need to install it in program files/atari/RCT3/style/themed

hmm..all of this is in my FAQ.

A

Anonymous

Im new to steelworx can someone tell me how to put in supports without leaving the original supports there? I want the old supports gone

Sax Man

Mega Poster
^ theirs the support remover.

Its the support with the huge circle with a line threw it(like a no smokeing sign).