What's new

Rank the spinning coasters you’ve done

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Spinning coasters are an interesting and somewhat polarising ride type, and there’s a very wide range of different types of spinning coaster about, so I’d be interested to know; how would you rank the spinning coasters you’ve done?

I’ve actually done 10 spinning coasters in total; given I’ve only done 79 coasters overall, that is mildly surprising to me, I’ll admit! In terms of a breakdown by manufacturer; I’ve done 6 Reverchon spinning coasters, 2 Maurer spinning coasters and 2 Mack spinning coasters. I’d rank mine as follows:
  1. Storm Chaser, Paultons Park (Mack) - This comfortably tops my spinning coaster list. I did quite like Storm Chaser; it was very smooth, had decent pacing, and the spinning also wasn’t too excessive for the most part (although I did have one pretty spinny ride that toed the line), so as spinning coasters go, it ticks all the right boxes for me! Not to mention, it’s within the gorgeous Tornado Springs area, and interacts with it really well! 7/10, #21 out of 79 overall
  2. Cobra’s Curse, Busch Gardens Tampa (Mack) - To tell you the truth, I don’t remember too many specifics about this from my one ride 5.5 years ago. I remember thinking it was quite good, and very smooth, with some very clever tricks up its sleeves, and I also remember it having absolutely superb theming, but it didn’t leave an overly strong impression on me track and train, I’ll admit. Storm Chaser certainly made more of an impression on me, from memory, although recency bias may admittedly be helping SC a little. 6/10, #35 out of 79 overall
  3. Dragon’s Fury, Chessington World of Adventures (Maurer) - Interestingly, this is another one that’s getting a bit hazier in my mind, as similarly to Cobra’s Curse, I’ve only ever ridden it once and that ride was quite a long time ago (even longer this time; it’s nearly 8 years since I’ve been to Chessington!). In fairness, I do remember quite liking it, and I remember liking the rather long, sprawling layout a fair amount more than Spinball's, but as with Cobra’s, it didn’t leave an overly strong impression on me. Cobra’s Curse sits a touch higher because from memory, I did like it slightly more than Fury, but to be honest, they both sit in the fairly similar territory of “good, but nothing that left an overly strong impression” for me as far as spinning coasters go. 6/10, #36 out of 79 overall
  4. Spinball Whizzer, Alton Towers (Maurer) - This was my first spinning coaster, and it’s also quite comfortably my most ridden spinning coaster, but I’ll admit it’s a ride I’m not the keenest on, personally. I’ll admit that the layout is good, and it’s a perfectly fine coaster for what it is, but I often find it spins a bit too much for me, and it’s also quite rough in places, as well. 4/10, #53 out of 79 overall
  5. Reverchon spinning mouse coasters, Various (Reverchon) - I’ve done 6 of these now, and while they do vary slightly in quality, they all sit on roughly the same level for me, and are neck-and-neck with each other in my rankings, so I won’t do a blow-by-blow account of each. I’ll admit that I’m not a fan of these at all; they’re all comfortably my least favourite spinning coasters, and among my least favourite coasters I’ve ever done. I find them very rough and often too spinny for me, and I’m not generally a fan of wild mouse coasters, as I don’t enjoy the strong laterals. However, I’ll admit that these coasters do pack a lot into a small space, and they’re also quite good rides for the smaller parks in terms of bang-for-buck; I’m probably being a bit too picky in my critiques of them. If you’re interested in specific ones that stand out at either end of the spectrum; Blackpool South Pier’s was the one I disliked the least, and the left side of Primeval Whirl was particularly awful compared to the others for some reason, but they all sit on a pretty similar level for me. 2/10, #72-#77 out of 79 overall
So, that’s how I rank my spinning coasters! I apologise if I come across a bit picky in my reviews of these; as you might be able to tell, spinning coasters aren’t generally a favourite of mine, as I don’t have an especially high spin tolerance.

But how would you rank the spinning coasters you’ve done?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
#1 - Dragon's Fury, Chessington World of Adventures: Does literally everything it can do without going above 90 degrees. Lasts forever, fantastic spinning, just bucket loads of fun. #13 overall

#2 - Storm Chaser, Paultons Park: It is extremely close to whether I prefer this or Fury, but Fury got the edge because it's longer. I understand that the entire 'thing' with Storm Chaser is to be quick and relentless pacing but when both rides rival each other so similarly in intensity, I feel like I have no option other to give Fury first place. The theming of Storm Chaser is to perfection though and that's where the ride significantly stands out. As an *experience*, Storm Chaser is better. As a *ride*, Fury is better. #15 overall

#3 - Ice Mountain, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: Lighting effects and lasers are fantastically done, and the spinning is absolutely wild. Pure insanity from start to finish. Currently unranked, but somewhere around mid-20s

#4 - Spinball Whizzer, Alton Towers: I do not remember this ride very well at all, but I remember it being super fun and especially the finale hitting pretty great. #25 overall

#5 - Tyrolean Tubtwist, Joyland Children's Fun Park: Simply just way too much fun. The spinning might be controlled but it is controlled in such a way that you'll be spinning one bit, then violently rocking side to side another bit. I went into this ride with no knowledge of the rocking. It was one of the biggest surprises ever and had me dying of laughter from the second we disengaged from the lift. #39 overall

#6 - Ice Mountain, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: Duplicate entry? No. Ice Mountain has allegedly had at least three different models in the tent during its existence, I believe two of these models came to HPWW. The dates line up to me having two Ice Mountains. As far as I know, 2016 and 2019 HPWW have confirmed their Ice Mountains to have different hardware. Unfortunately on my most recent ride the spinning unlocker misfired and I went through the entire second half facing straight. To some enthusiasts this may be a rather sought-after event but to me it was just a major disappointment. This used to be in my top 25 until I rode it. Since the ride with the bricked car was my most recent ride, I'm basing my ranking off that. Still ranks above every other Reverchon mouse I've done because the lighting effects and lasers are fantastically done which ultimately saves the ride from dropping much, much further. #44 overall

#7 - Heidi the Coaster, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: The new model of Reverchon mice is very, very marginally better than the originals. The spinning unlocker being earlier is a fun touch along with the banked turn, but unfortunately the double-up into the second half was ditched as a result which was pretty sad. The onboard audio was good fun too. Everything amounts into the new version being better than the originals, but admittedly not by that much. #47 overall

#8 - Wild Mouse, local funfair: Standard Reverchon mouse with decent spinning. #48 overall

#9 - Crazy Mouse, Brighton Pier: Standard Reverchon mouse. Gets +1 point for location. #49 overall

#10 - Fantasy Mouse, Fantasy Island: Standard Reverchon mouse. #50 overall

#11 - Magic Mouse, Dreamland: Standard Reverchon mouse. #51 overall

#12 - Spinning Coaster, Winter Festival Brent Cross: Believed to be a model from DAL Amusements of all things. #52 overall

#13 - Spinning Coaster, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: Standard Reverchon Mouse with almost zero spinning. #61 overall

#14 - Family Star, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach: Fun but ended far too quickly. #70 overall

#15 - Tidal Wave, Clarence Pier: Back row gives some obscenely strong ejector but it's not enough to save the ride from being in my bottom half. #78 overall

#16 - Spinosaurus, Funland Amusement Park: Ironically my most recent cred. Immediately forgot about the ride after getting off. I guess going around the corners facing outwards is pretty neat and cool. #87 overall

#17 - Whirlwind, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach: Of course the SBF spinning two loop ranks at the bottom. That's because I haven't ridden Naga Bay yet. #91 overall

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Lifted from the ol' credsheet:

CoasterParkManufacturerOverall Rank
Winjas FearPhantasialandMaurer28
Winjas ForcePhantasialandMaurer29
Storm ChaserPaultons ParkMack45
DweverlwindToverlandMack51
Spinball WhizzerAlton TowersMaurer52
Dragon's FuryChessingtonMaurer53
Spinning RacerFantasy IslandMaurer78
Famous JackBagatelleReverchon101
Ice MountainWinter WonderlandReverchon109
SalamaLinnanmäkiMaurer113
Rockin RollerBotton's Pleasure BeachFabbri118
DizzBobbejaanlandMaurer120
Wickie The RidePlopsa CooGerstlauer122
Viking Roller CoasterEnergylandiaSBF129

Here's also a list of other spinning coasters I've done but haven't ranked, either because they're kiddie creds, or for reasons I don't quite know (but in any case, they ain't good)...
CoasterParkManufacturer
Spinning CoasterWinter Wonderland?
TwistosaurusFlamingo LandZamperla
Happy LoopsEnergylandiaSBF
DranchenwirbelPlohnSBF
TwistrixDrievlietMaurer
Jurassic TwisterParc du BocasseZamperla
Souris VerteParc Saint PaulZamperla
Souris MécaniquesJardin d'AcclimatationReverchon
VoltigoDennlys ParcGosetto
Crazy CoasterSouth PierReverchon
Heidi The CoasterWinter WonderlandReverchon

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Leaving off all the IAAPA SBF's and any of the meh spinners I've done at fairs..........

1 - Winja's - Phantasialand (Force/Fear)
2 -Dragon's Fury - Chessington World of Adventures
3 - Exterminator - Kennywood
4 - Tarántula - Parque de Atracciones de Madrid
5 - Tornado - Bakken
6 - Sierra Sidewinder Knott's Berry Farm
7 - Tyrolean Tubtwist Joyland Childrens Fun Park

And not worth the time to rank/rate...
THE OTHERS!!!
Cobra's Curse - Busch Gardens Tampa
Crush's Coaster - Disneyland Paris - Walt Disney Studios Park
Crazy Mouse - Steel Pier
Crazy Mouse - South Pier
Dizzy Mouse - Wiener Prater
Crazy Mouse - DelGrosso's Amusement Park
Crazy Mouse - Niagara Amusement Park & Splash World
Crazy Mouse - Tropic Falls Theme Park/OWA
Fairly Odd Coaster - Nickelodeon Universe
Galaxy Orbiter - Galaxyland Amusement Park
Galaxy Spin - Fun Spot America (But also at Cypress Gardens)
Laff Trakk - Hersheypark
Opa - Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park
Pandemonium - Six Flags New England
Pandemonium - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Pandemonium - Six Flags St. Louis
Pandemonium - Six Flags Over Texas
Primeval Whirl Walt Disney World - Disney's Animal Kingdom (x2)
Ragin' Cajun - Six Flags America (and at Great America)
Spider -Lagoon
Spinball Whizzer - Alton Towers
Steel Dragon - Waldameer
Tickler - Luna Park
Turbulence - Adventureland
Twister - Lightwater Valley
Undertow - Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Whirlwind- Camelot Theme Park
Whirlwind -Seabreeze

SBF LAND!!!!
Bug Whirled - Playland/PNE
Crazy 8 - FunXcess
Crazy 8's - John's Incredible Pizza Company (Carson)
Family Coaster - Andretti Thrill Park (My first SBF and probably my favorite)
Freedom Rider - iPlay America
FunCoaster - Funplex
Hang Ten - Fantasy Island Amusement Park
Incredible Spinning Roller Coaster -Incredible Pizza Company (TN)
Krazy Koaster -Silverwood Theme Park
Slingshot -Camden Park
Spinning Coaster - Pier Park Amusement Rides
Spinning Lady Bug Coaster - Edaville Family Theme Park
Spinning Out - Beech Bend
Spinning Parrot - Island in Pigeon Forge
Twist-N-Shout - Malibu Jack's (Lex)
Whirlwind- Playland's Castaway Cove
Wild Whizzer Morey's Piers
Wipeout - Palace Playland

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Ride to Happiness.

The rest.

RTH is my favourite followed by the Maurer spinners. I'd say either Dragon's Fury, Tarantula or Winjas is my next favourite. I like a good Maurer spinner. There are probably some others that I like as well that I can't remember. Euro-mir is quite fun. The Sierra Sidewinder clones are ok. Then there are numerous reverchon, fabbri and sbf delights that are too numerous to name, except that I like the new version Reverchon spinner, Heide for the new element and speedy lifthill. Hollenblitz and Ice Mountain are quite cool.

Ones that I dislike: Tornado at Bakken. Not explanation needed really. That corner! 😂

Sandman

Giga Poster
1. Winja's Fear - Phantasialand
2. Winja's Force - Phantasialand
3. Dwervelwind - Toverland
4. Tornado - Bakken
5. Dragon's Fury - Chessington
6. Whirlwind - Camelot
7. Spinball Whizzer - Alton Towers
8. Euro Mir - Europa Park
9. The Reverchon collection (all the same to me)

Indy

Hyper Poster
Excluding all of the Reverchon spinners outside of Exterminator as well as all of the SBF spinners...

1. Time Traveler - Silver Dollar City
2. Winjas Force - Phantasialand
3. Winjas Fear - Phantasialand
4. Spinball Whizzer - Alton Towers
5. Dwervelwind - Toverland
6. Spider - Lagoon
7. Exterminator - Kennywood
8. Galaxy Orbiter - Galaxyland
9. Joker - Six Flags Mexico
10. Gerstlauer 420 variants (Fairly Odd Coaster, the Pandemoniums, Spinning Dragons)
11. Vurang - Hopi Hari
12. Avatar Airbender - Nickelodeon Universe
13. Cobra's Curse - Busch Gardens Tampa
14. Phoenix - Adventureland
15. Spinning Racers - Schueberfouer (Bruch)
16. Steel Dragon - Waldameer Park
17. Sierra Sidewinder - Knott's Berry Farm
18. Sky Rider - Skyline Park
19. Laff Trakk - Hersheypark
20. Euro Mir - Europa Park
21. Sky Spin - Skyline Park
22. Viking Roller Coaster - Energylandia

Yes, I have several SC2000s that are ranked considerably different. I had absolutely insane rides on Spider while Laff Trakk barely spins and Sky Spin needs to be scrapped.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
1. Time Traveler, Silver Dollar City. Brilliant ride, head and shoulders above the rest. Obvs, RTH could be a challenger for the top spot but I've not ridden it yet (next month, hopefully 🤞🏻).

2. Dwervelwind, Toverland. Fab fun.

3. Euro Mir, Europa Park. Yeah so what? I dig it. Sue me.

4. Taràntula, Parque d'attrcionés. Best of the Maurer's. A surprisingly large coaster.

5. The Winjas, Phantasialand. Cool gimmicks.

6. Spinball / Dragon's Fury / Not much between them, both decent enough.

7. Storm Chaser, Paulton's. Bit small, but lovely theming.

8. Spinning Dragons, Worlds of Fun / Pandemonium, SFStl. Both ok, but not exactly memorable.

9. The Fabbri spinners, various. Not my first choice for #400, but they are hilariously wild rides, gotta give 'em that.

20210814_180622.jpg

10. The Reverchon spinners, various. Gross. I've skipped more than I've ridden. Hate them.

11. The SBF Visa spinners. Why?
I've only ridden the one in Birmingham (Witchfinder & Neo made me do it), it was stupid and pointless and it cost me 3 quid and I won't be doing it again.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1. Galaxy Orbiter, Galaxyland - An impressively long layout that winds its way through all of Galaxyland, with a sharp and steep first drop, some fast spinning (namely in the hairpin turns right after the first drop, as well as the final figure 8 inside Mindbender) and surprising intensity.

2. Laff Trakk, Hersheypark - I slightly prefer Galaxy Orbiter for its length and intensity, but Laff Trakk is a close second place for me. The indoor carny theming enhances an already fast-paced ride with surprisingly turbulent spinning, and the "Immelmann Turn"/horseshoe was the highlight.

3. Cobra's Curse, Busch Gardens Tampa - A long, leisurely paced layout with awesome theming and a quality queue. The elevator lift and MCBR with backwards rotation are memorable, and the slalom-style, free-spinning finale is lots of fun, but I wish the gravity-driven sections (namely the finale) could be a little longer.

4. Pandemonium, Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Still a very enjoyable coaster, Pandemonium delivers most of the same sensations as Galaxy Orbiter, but they're more family-friendly and leisurely paced.

5. Fun in the Sun, Funplex Myrtle Beach - In the spinning cars, this is a long, tame layout with a very unique setting. In the hamster wheel cars, it's a pretty wacky and memorable experience with some crazy flips, and would definitely place in the top 3 here.

6. Bumble Blast, Calaway Park - An SBF Visa-inspired spinner (but it's built by Gosetto) that wasn't overly memorable outside of an on-ride vibration.

7. Primeval Whirl, Animal Kingdom - I don't remember much from Primeval Whirl: it's been at least 8 years since I rode it, and it was a spinning wild mouse at that.

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Here we go again.

Yes
Ride to Happiness - Plopsaland De Panne

Love it
Dragon's Fury - Chessington World of Adventures
Winjas: Force - Phantasialand
Winjas: Fear - Phantasialand
Comet Express - Lotte World
Spider-Man Doc Ock's Revenge - IMG Worlds of Adventure
Höllenblitz - Serengeti Park

Like it
Storm Chaser - Paultons Park
Objectif Mars - Futuroscope
Euro Mir - Europa Park
Crush's Coaster - Disneyland Paris Studios
Crazy Mouse - Brighton Pier
Dwervelwind - Toverland
Tarántula - Parque de Atracciones de Madrid
Gekion Live Coaster - Tokyo Joypolis
Sierra Sidewinder - Knott's Berry Farm
Twist - Parc Le Pal
Jamming - EuroPark Milano Idroscalo
Piraten Spinner - Freizeit-Land Geiselwind

Give or take it
Sonic Spinball - Alton Towers
Salama - Linnanmäki
Christmas Coaster - Winter Wonderland (Buwulda)
Magic Mouse - Winter Wonderland (Buwulda)
Ice Mountain Coaster - Winter Wonderland (Mellors)
Family Star - Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
Magic Mouse - Brean Theme Park
Fantasy Mouse - Fantasy Island
Rockin Roller - Botton's Pleasure Beach
Spinning Coaster - Winter Wonderland (Buwulda)
Twister - Lightwater Valley
Spin Mouse - Greenland
Space Fantasy The Ride - Universal Studios Japan
Crazy Mouse - Hirakata Park
Flagermusen - Fårup Sommerland
Une Souris Verte - Parc Saint Paul
Dizzy Mouse - Wiener Prater
Maskerade - Wiener Prater
Insider - Wiener Prater
Spinning Mouse - Winter Wonderland (Manning)
Crazy Mouse Rollercoaster - Winterville (Wilmot)
Star Express - Sinbad Happy Castle
Crazy Coaster - South Pier Blackpool
Roller Coaster - Sparky's Family Entertainment Centre
Jurassic Twister - Parc du Bocasse
Famous Jack - Bagatelle
Spin Runway - Yomiuriland
Batman - Tir Prince Family Funfair
Pandemonium - Six Flags New England
Ragin' Cajun - Six Flags America
Pinball X - Dreamland
Neo's Twister - PowerLand
Cagliostro - Rainbow MagicLand
SpaceMouse - Fiabilandia
Twister Mountain - Leolandia
Tidal Wave - Clarence Pier
Spinning Racer - Fantasy Island
Souris Mécaniques - Jardin d'Acclimatation
Wild Mouse - Luna Park La Palmyre
Tornado - Parc Ange Michel
Crazy Mouse - Fabrikus World
Crazy Mouse - Lunapark Fréjus
Crazy Mouse - Azur Park
Vicky The Ride - Plopsa Coo
Tornado - Bakken

Fall asleep on it
Whirlwind - Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
Dizz - Bobbejaanland
Spinner - Skara Sommarland
Sky Rider - Skyline Park
Sky Spin - Skyline Park
Twistrix - Drievliet
Dubai Drone - VR Park Dubai
Spinning Porcelain - Wanda Nanchang
Spinning Coaster - Jin Jiang Action Park
Whirling Dinosaur - China Dinosaurs Park
Twistosaurus - Flamingo Land
Bisværmen - Tivoli Friheden
Jungle Block - Sun Park
Crazy Skateboard - Sun Park
Spinning Coaster - Sun Park
Crazy Jars - Hefei Wanda Theme Park
Crazy Elves - Happy Valley Shanghai
Spinning Coaster - Nanhu Park
Crazy Snow Board - Quancheng Euro Park
Spinning Coaster - Quancheng Euro Park
Magic Carpet - Happy Valley Chengdu
Voltigo - Dennlys Parc
Laff Trakk - Hersheypark
Spinning Parrot - Island in Pigeon Forge
Ladybird Loop - Tayto Park
Kung Fu Panda Master - Gardaland
Spinning Coaster - Window of the World Changsha
Self-Spinning Pulley - Chuanlord Holiday Manor
Spinning Surfboat - Chuanlord Holiday Manor
Jungle Pulley - Chuanlord Holiday Manor
African Spin - Tatzmania Löffingen
Drachenwirbel - Freizeitpark Plohn
Happy Loops - Energylandia
Safari-Blitz-Kids - Serengeti Park
Twist and Joust - Gullivers Milton Keynes
Tourbillon - Parc Ange Michel
Sombrero - Jacquou Parc
Crazy Coaster - Jacquou Parc
Formula 1 - Magic Park Land
Turtle's Coaster - Antibes Land

Kill it
Yolo Works - FunWorks
Viking Roller Coaster - Energylandia

Can't quite believe it's over 100, they don't really feel that common.
Some deep philosophical questions came up while trawling through the list - are half pipes spinning coasters?
If you have to spin it yourself, is it a spinning coaster?
Are coasters designed as spinners that don't have their spin activated spinning coasters?

Matt N

CF Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Viking coaster the wild mouse with OTSRs? I can imagine that is quite painful...

emoo

Hyper Poster
Time Traveller & Ride to Happiness are tied for 1st. Dragons Fury in 3rd. Easy placements.

Space Fantasy has the best enclosed themeing, I don't know or care if the layout is all that special, I rank this highly. The 3 other Mack spinners I've done were easily out ranked in the parks thery were in and were just average with the theming again being the main point of interest. (not done Storm Chaser which does look really nice, and did like Arthur a lot if you count that).

Winja's don't spin enough but the trickery is a wonder. Hope they soon go back to letting you chose your fate. Assigned seated was slightly oppressive even though I got my favourite when I wanted to try the other.

Crush's Coaster has brilliant added scenes & disco lighting. Its a poor capacity standard model in a box. Should have been more but could have been so much worse. Primeval Whirl, what were you thinking?

The few other Maurers I've done are good fun and suspect the rest are too, except Dizz which is dull.

My memory of Tornado is just the cool kicker at the top and a tad violent. I think I liked it and didn't ride again.

Gerstlauers have the most intense spins, a Walzer on rails. The seats face each other and I find staring at strangers or avoiding their gaze creepy. Main saving grace is how they smoothly reset the orientation at the end of the ride.

Papillons d'Alice (the junior 2 seater one in Paris) is adorable.

Tyolean Twist is a fun novelty but only good because its unique.

Gekion Live Coaster had fun gimmicks but wasn't much to the ride. Better than Wonder Mountains Guardian as that was poorly done.

The Golden Horse spinners that use a basic layout with Maurer cars are fine. On par with the Zamperla & Reverchon.

Uninspired when I see a bog standard, often travelling spinning coaster as they are too common. The weird bank on Heidi wasn't all that but at least they tried. I do like Twister ice cream lollys enough to make an exception.

SBF Spinners are a chore that take too many laps. I am very interested in trying a hamster wheel.

That miserable lump of brutal rotten turd at Energylandia is a shameful mess. Disgusting. Ripping out the ride and replacing with another family boomerang inside the ships facade would be less of a mockery. I was very annoyed but that could have just been the shock it was garbage.

Peet

Giga Poster
The Maurers reign supreme here for me, with the Macks a little behind but of course I haven't done any of the Extreme spinners yet.

Main list of interesting/unique spinning coasters:
1. Tarantula, Parque de Atracciones de Madrid - I'm surprised this ride doesn't get more praise, it's smooth, surprisingly intense, offers great views, and is bags of fun. By far the best ride in that park.
=2. Winjas (Force), Phantasialand
=2. Winjas (Fear), Phantasialand
4. Spinball Whizzer, Alton Towers - often overlooked and under-rated, I always enjoy a spin on this
5. Dragon's Fury, Chessington World of Adventures
6. Whirlwind, Camelot - looked like it fell off the back of a lorry, but intense and very good fun
7. Spiderman: Doc Ock's Revenge, IMG Worlds of Adventure
8. Storm Chaser, Paultons Park
9. Dwervelwind, Toverland
10. Crush's Coaster, Diseyland Paris - Walt Disney Studios
11. Euro Mir, Europa Park
12. Vurang, Hopi Hari
13. Salama, Linnanmaki
14. Naga Bay, Bobbejaanland
15. Spingear, Sega Republic
16. Magic Carpet, Happy Valley Chengdu

Now we are into the realm of the common clones. The least dull of these are probably the Fabbris:
17. Kung Fu Panda Master, Gardaland
=18. Rockin' Roller, Botton's Pleasure Beach
=18. Family Star, Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach

Now the Reverchons, in the order I rode them:
=20. Twister, Lightwater Valley
=20. Crazy Mouse, Blackpool South Pier
=20. Wild Mouse, Pleasureland Southport (travelling ride which was there in 2009)
=20. Magic Mouse, Brean Leisure Park
=20. Fantasy Mouse, Fantasy Island
=20. Dizzy Mouse, Wiener Prater
=20. Crazy Mouse, Brighton Pier
=20. Magic Mouse, Dreamland
=20. Spinning Coaster, (Hyde Park Winter Wonderland)
=20. Monkey Mayhem, West Midland Safari Park
=20. Crazy Coaster, Blackpool South Pier

Only one Zamperla:
31. Pinball X, Flamingo Park - somehow rough yet dreary at the same time

aand finally the SBFs:
32. Twister, Crealy
33. Tidal Wave, Clarence Pier
34. Viking Roller Coaster, Energylandia

Edit: I forgot Tyrolean Tubtwist - I love it but let's face it - it's not really a roller coaster is it? It continues to surprise me that it is universally classed as a cred by the enthusiast community. A disk-o looks and feels much more like a coaster, and we don't count those. Anyway, it would probably be somewhere in the top ten as it's such a laugh and so unique, but very hard to compare it to the actual roller coasters in the list.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
And the award for 'Least Surprising List Update of the Year' goes to....

1. Ride to Happiness, obvs.

(Big gap)

2. Time Traveler, Silver Dollar City. Still a great ride, all things considered, but it doesn't have the pacing, the intensity, the spinning, the airtime, the hangtime, the on board soundtrack or the sexy gold plated robot lady of the new one.

(Another big gap)

3. Dwervelwind, Toverland. Fab fun. Onboard audio again. 👍

4. Euro Mir, Europa Park. Yeah so what? I dig it. Sue me.

5. Taràntula, Parque d'attrcionés. Best of the Maurer's. A surprisingly large coaster.

6. The Winjas, Phantasialand. Cool gimmicks.

7. Spinball / Dragon's Fury / Not much between them, both decent enough.

8. Storm Chaser, Paulton's. Bit small, but lovely theming.

9. Spinning Dragons, Worlds of Fun / Pandemonium, SFStl. Both ok, but not exactly memorable.

10. The Fabbri spinners, various. Hillariously wild rides, gotta give 'em that.

11. The Reverchon spinners, various. Gross. I've skipped more than I've ridden. Hate them.

12. The SBF Visa spinners. Why?
I've only ridden the one in Birmingham (Witchfinder & Neo made me do it), it was stupid and pointless and it cost me 3 quid and I won't be doing it again.