What's new

Plopsaland de Panne New Coaster rumours

Martyn B

CF Legend
Found this info on Loopings.com. Apparently, De Vleermuis, the racing Bat Flyer is to be removed after next year, and is to be replaced by a major coaster in 2013 (costing around €7m).

The double roller coaster, the Bat-family in Plopsaland De Panne goes to the ground next year. That says an informed source Looopings. The twelve year old attraction faces an extremely low capacity, so the wait is often extremely long. Additionally happen due to technical problems in recent years more and more minor accidents with the job. Plopsaland is the attraction for these reasons would rather get rid of them. In the autumn of 2012, the bat will be demolished to make way for a major new roller coaster to open in 2013. This involved the park still negotiating with builders such as Zierer and Gerstlauer. For the new coaster is approximately 7 million euros.
UPDATE: A spokesman speaks against it, the bat should exist: "The Bat is a solid value in the range of attraction Plopsaland De Panne. There are certainly no plans to remove that attraction." Well, we talk each other again in 2013.

http://www.looopings.com/weblog/887/Plo ... lopen.html

marc

CF Legend
Will be interesting to see what they get if they do remove the ride.

I don't think it would be a thrill coaster due to the area its in, that is a kiddy area.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yeah, and a major kiddie area too. It's not just a family area, or at least that's how I felt about it.

I didn't bother riding the Bat Flyer when I went as (a) the queue was massive, all day and (b) it looked ****. Plopsaland can get quite busy (I think we were there on a medium day), and the Bat Flyer has horrific through-put. Sadly the crowds seem to love it too! Hopefully a new coaster would stop that area of the park just being a big queue.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
It's sad that they are removing the Bat Flier as it's a really cute and quirky ride...but yeah, the capacity on that thing was appalling. Hopefully they'll put in something decent for the kids now. Plopsa have been on the ball lately with Mayaland, so I'm hoping for good things.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Meh, there's more than enough for kids to do there, I say something along the lines of Anubis! A nice small thrilling coaster, which turns out to be **** awsome!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ummmm, am I the only person who actually read the article?

UPDATE: A spokesman speaks against it, the bat should exist: "The Bat is a solid value in the range of attraction Plopsaland De Panne. There are certainly no plans to remove that attraction."

So, the rumour was already quashed by a park spokesman in the exact same article the "information" came from?

Martyn B

CF Legend
I know what you're saying, but tts not that unusual for a park to deny something like this, is it? Regardless of if its true or not.

A lot of the time parks like to keep things under wraps until an official announcement, so you never know...