What's new

Pleasurewood Hills 2016

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
(Ta, for posting the photo)

Surely whatever is going up instead (if anything) must be able to go in relatively quick unless these are old photos.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Anyone noticed how the park has named their crane 'Woody' on facebook?

At least i think its the crane they are referring to

Martyn B

CF Legend
I just think it's sad that we've lost a ride that could have been good with the right imagination.

Removing a dark ride for more flats is never a good move IMO.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ They still have Hob's ****, though. In all honesty, this ride had excessively small throughput and broke a lot. It made sense to scrap it, let's hope they add something/a few things worthwhile.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah you're right, but it's only a boat ride. Can't be that hard to get hold of more boats, or just sort the spare ones out that are in the maintenance yard.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
A new clue has been released by the park:

I have done some research (inspired by the waveswinger comments on facebook) and have found what I presume is the exact model that is to be installed.

I present to you:

top-chair-swing-ride-manufacturer-in-China.jpg

A Beston Chair Swing (presumably new).

More info on the ride: http://bestonamusementequipment.com/swi ... -for-sale/ (Also loving the watermelon seats on the kiddie version!)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Please do not tell me that they demolished s dark ride to add a ride the they've had for 20 years already?

2 dodgems and now 2 Waveswinger?

Omg, things were going so well pre2015 :(

(Lofty, don't say a word :lol: )

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Judging by an old photo it is the exact same model (complete with the same pattern on it) as the one they used to have from 1988-1996. Bit too long for it to have been a refurb I assume (I assume the old one moved on somewhere?). Can't tell whether the smaller one ("Sky Loops") has left the park as it's not listed on their ride lineup, but then it is still on the map.

They are decent rides but this seems like a really odd move by the park.

Lofty

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
Please do not tell me that they demolished s dark ride to add a ride the they've had for 20 years already?

2 dodgems and now 2 Waveswinger?

Omg, things were going so well pre2015 :(

(Lofty, don't say a word :lol: )
:lol:

Yeah, blame their parent company...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
They really shouldn't bother with a teaser campaign for something so s**t. They're f**king annoying and tired enough for multi-million pound additions, but for this?

Bollocks.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
What I want to know is why they had to have the 'biggest crane they've ever seen' if they were putting up the exact same ride that they'd had before!

Martyn B

CF Legend
SilverArrow said:
What I want to know is why they had to have the 'biggest crane they've ever seen' if they were putting up the exact same ride that they'd had before!

I'm guessing that the crane was there to lift the machinery into the dark ride area to demolish it.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Martyn B said:
SilverArrow said:

I'm guessing that the crane was there to lift the machinery into the dark ride area to demolish it.
Yeah, you're probably right. Anticlimax much!

Martyn B

CF Legend
As Gavin said, why they're teasing the likes of a Waveswinger (and Dodgems last year) is beyond me. Yet in 2014 they announced Marble Madness in December and kept posting construction updates.

I would have thought it would be to do with the change of management as appose to the parent company. 2012-14, with Alex is Camelin in charge they added like 7 kids rides, 2 new shows, drop tower, Hobs Pit and a coaster. With a strong social media presence, and the very, very good Chills Halloween event.

Yet with this new guy in charge, they've added a Dodgems, and now a Waveswinger (both of which they already have), with little to no social media presence. The Halloween event has also gone down the pan, and the Castle Theatre now zits unused...

Lofty

CF Legend
^ In essence:

Alexis did his job very well, juggling park budgets around in order to gain more money for substantial investments. He then moved over to Dreamland and now no longer works there.

In terms of social during that time, that's when Ben was there, hence the reason construction updates happened etc. Ben also moved on to Dreamland as the operations manager, then the 'Head of Guest Experience' and now he has moved over to Banham Zoo as the Operations Manager.

The Chills event wasn't brought back because the park basically said "We want the same on a much smaller budget" even though we did over and beyond what they paid for. So it didn't happen again - we also own the rights to the name 'Pleasurewood Chills' and he graphics for it, but I'll leave that until another time.

The issue with this park is the fact that the parent company doesn't give a flying **** about it. They genuinely don't care about it so don't invest in the park (this was mentioned several times by high profile people in the company). At one time, their 'grand plan' was to lengthen the log flume so it outstretches over the train cabin and towards the Palladium building… they also had plans to completely enclose Enigma and make it a 'space coaster' - none of that happened because they don't have the money.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh, also, when it comes to the Castle Theatre, thank god they got rid of Sean Alexander… I can't express my feelings towards him.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah he may have been a bit of a douche, but it was still the best show the park had ever hosted. I think people keep forgetting just how small PWH is, it's possibly the smallest actual theme park in the UK, with attendance figures around 180,000 a year (When Loopings first tool over, that however has increased). Investment is never going to be huge whilst the numbers are still that low.

And if I'm honest, I don't get why you keep saying that "the parent company doesn't care, that's why they won't invest". Hobs Pit cost around £500,000 in 2013, that's huge for little PWH. Plus they opened 4 other rides that year as well, and the following year they opened up a new coaster. That's not what I would call not caring (Yes it has slowed down a bit since 2015).

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Keeping up the trend of updating this thread...the park has posted some photos off season work that is going on.
12743972_1021533484584582_4394390360277769637_n.jpg

12715256_1021533494584581_435467279604687298_n.jpg

12745555_1021533524584578_2610359674685151951_n.jpg

12715222_1021533487917915_1451625145706071798_n.jpg

Nothing super exciting but there you go.

Lofty said:
At one time, their 'grand plan' was to lengthen the log flume so it outstretches over the train cabin and towards the Palladium building… they also had plans to completely enclose Enigma and make it a 'space coaster' - none of that happened because they don't have the money.
That could have potentially been really cool!