What's new

Pleasure Island Update, 'Shrieksville'

sean

Mega Poster
I was given exlcusive access to a behind the scenes tour of the ride today and can reveal a few details about the ride and some photos.

The ride is to be located in the building behind the Swinging Chairs, it will be accessed from the Africa area, just across from the Runaway Mine Train. The building used house a jungle ride which has been disused for years. Managing Director, Melanie Wood explained that it was shame to have the building doing nothing and with the original track still in place, it was a perfect opportunity to refit the ride into a Ghost Train. The ride was designed and is being constructed by 'MC Seton Animatronics', of which a few of the guys came from 'Rex Studios'. The themeing is being done by 'Studios East Ltd' and 'Golding Audio' are working on the rides sounds, lighting, cctv and ride control.
The ride is expected to launch on April 9th and I will keep you updated with the latest developments.

A selection of props awaiting their destination...
shriek010.jpg

I don't like the look of this shape :8 ...
shriek1.jpg

Amplifiers and general audio gear...
shriek11.jpg

A section of the ride...
shriek2.jpg

Openings that have scary carvings are sure to contain horrors :D
shriek3.jpg

No, these arent the ride cars, it's a prop for an effect, but you'll have to wait to ride it to see what it does ;)
shriek4.jpg

Abandoned quarries? scary!!
shriek5.jpg

The graveyard section of the ride, harmless...surely?
shriek6.jpg

Shrieksville Manor, this is where your journey starts...
shriek7.jpg

The sign for the ride...Has the slogan...'Dare to enter'!!
shriek9.jpg

These are the cars, all wrapped up and ready to go...
shriek8.jpg

More updates to come :D

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks like it'll be a fun little dark ride. :)
I like cheap dark rides like this in small parks as they're usually quite funny and fun to ride. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Is the story line based around "attack of the body condoms?" :)

Nic

Strata Poster
sean said:
What about this one, it's Bob the Builder in the background :wink:

Wait till Wendy finds out he's been excavating new holes! Now that's an episode I'd like to see

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oh right, so they're actually doing this properly then?

Going by what normally happens, I just expected it to be a load of old crap that Flamingoland wanted rid of.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The sign for the ride...Has the slogan...'Dare to enter'!!
shriek9.jpg

Umm... the sign says something with "visit". I assume this is the backside we see, then? "Thanks for the visit"?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
How did you get a behind the scenes look at that! Very jelous.

That cave with the skull was part of the original jungle ride. I remember it well. It had no animatronics, so I'm pretty sure this will be an improvement. I'm excited about going round that track again! I wonder why they just left the ride without running it. With no animatronics the ride couldn't have been expensive to run, and this park needs more indoor areas because it relys on good weather too much, something which can't always be guanteed on the tropical coast of Cleethorpes.

sean

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Umm... the sign says something with "visit". I assume this is the backside we see, then? "Thanks for the visit"?

Erm, no , you are quite right, my bad!! I also said it was Shrieksville Manor, but it's mansion, Doh!! :oops:

Bezzzer, I agree the park did need another indoor ride, I'm just surprised it's taken this long to actually do something about it, considering the track has been laying there for so long.

sean

Mega Poster
Sorry to double post, but here is the video update to accompany the photo's...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4teMYU_YDo[/youtube]

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I personally think the park needs some more 'basic' rides, like a small Log Flume, or standard spinning coaster.

It just needs something to encourage people to stay for longer than an hour!

sean

Mega Poster
The crs are bubble wrapped at the moment. I'm hoping to see them next week. There is a photo of them wrapped on the previous page.