What's new

Pleasure Island | Tractor Ride | Track ride

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I swear I read in a topic a while ago that Melanie Wood (owner of the park) planned to make the park more family friendly and involve animals in some way or another.

Anyway, thoughts of beastilaty aside, the park is getting a new tractor ride and a petting zoo for next season. At last - some investment!

FORGET about Old MacDonald ... half a million pounds is being spent to bring a petting farm and tractor ride to Pleasure Island.

Work on the latest attraction is expected to start in November, to open to the public on Friday, March 29, 2013.

The new tractor ride, costing £150,000, will replace the electric monorail currently running in the Cleethorpes theme park.

However, instead of it travelling over the existing empty paddocks, staff have decided to incorporate a new petting farm around it for children to enjoy.

Sheep, cows, pigs and miniature horses are just a few of the animals planned to live on the farm, which will cost an extra £350,000 to build.

4160775.jpg

Melanie Wood, the owner of Pleasure Island, hopes the new attraction will help her reach out to children aged nine and under, who she feels currently do not make full use of the park.

"Some of the rides we have are too big for those around the age of nine and below," she said.

"Building a farm will hopefully give them a lot more to do and see.

"I also want to attract more schools to spend the day here and with this new farm, I think it can have a great educational side to it.

"It is all very exciting and I think it will be a great investment into the resort."

Melanie is already in talks with local farmers to see where her animals can be sought from.

She continued: "A lot of the money will be spent on adapting the two-and-a-half acres of land where the farm will be placed.

"So there will be digging, putting up fences and adding sheds, and generally making it look appealing to visitors.

"The new tractor ride will last for about four minutes and will take people through and over the farm for an aerial view.

"The best thing about this new development is that it comes at no extra cost to the public. Ticket prices to enter the theme park will remain the same at £18.50; I just want to attract more people."

Today, the Grimsby Telegraph and Pleasure Island is launching a competition to find a name for the new attraction. Readers can find out how to take part on page 4.

Melanie said: "I hope this competition sparks a buzz around the resort.

"It will be lovely for a child in the area to know their chosen name will appear in brochures and feature within the park for the foreseeable future."
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/Pleasure ... story.html

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Pleasure Island getting new tractor ride for 2013

Aww bless them, hope it does well for them.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Finally, they're getting rid of that pointless Monorail. And not only is it pointless, it takes up **** loads of space, so good move.

I'd say the park could really do with some kind of water ride, like a travelling Flume, but I guess a Farm area is always a good option for smaller parks.

Nice to see them investing again.

TerrificTinkaboo

Roller Poster

Hi there.

As a Pleasure Island lover, I am really happy for this investment. However, me and the others on the Pleasure Island forum think that the monorail will not be leaving and will instead have the cars converted into tractors and the track re-painted, with the animal pens scattered around the track.
The new tractor ride will last for about four minutes and will take people through and over the farm for an aerial view
Meaning flying tractors :shock:

Edit - Just realised this should be in another thread, sorry.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster

^ I actually joked about that when I found out!

If they do I'll piss myself because that'll be awful.

TerrificTinkaboo

Roller Poster

I think they probably will :lol: It's better than having no new investment though. I think the animals will be the main attraction and not the 'flying' tractor ride :angel:

sean

Mega Poster
Re: Pleasure Island | "Tractor Ride" | Track ride

The park have stated on their facebook page that construction will start soon and theyll keep us updated

Martyn B

CF Legend

4d8c9898b5bb88437f053c8b957f47f3_XL.jpg

Furry Friends Farm incorporates a superb tractor ride and themed paddocks housing everyone’s favourite farm animals such as pigs, sheep, cows and pygmy goats. An impressive indoor area provides a home for some of the smaller farmyard friends including rabbits, guinea pigs and newly hatched chicks. Throughout the course of the day there will be the opportunity to pet and feed the animals under the supervision of our farm manager.

Covering an area of approximately 5 acres the tractor ride takes its passengers on a journey around the various paddocks, at times offering an aerial view of our furry friends below. A great new attraction for the younger children in particular!

For schools looking to combine a lot of fun with education our animal talks will provide just that. Suitable for key stages one and two the children will be able to handle and feed some of the smaller animals whilst learning about them at the same time. Top this off with some free time on the rides, what better school trip can there be?

http://www.pleasure-island.co.uk/rides/ ... -2013.html

I'm so glad to see them investing in the park again, and something like this will be well suited at PI.

This is a route that most of our small parks should go down really, especially the likes of LWV.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Construction has started:

538019_425403640871838_427222207_n.jpg

13174_425412580870944_1879131495_n.jpg

521979_425411380871064_1516449633_n.jpg

Also, from the Grimsby Telegraph:

GET your wellies at the ready!
The £500,000 petting farm and tractor ride at Pleasure Island, Cleethorpes, is getting ready to open to the public, on Friday, March 29.
8354313_orig.jpg

PET PLANS: Pleasure Island theme park general manager Neil Ireland and Georgia Gough, office supervisor, show off the plans for the site's new Furry Friends Farm and tractor ride. Picture: Rick Byrne

Plans have been finalised and now it is "full steam ahead" for the next six weeks to build Furry Friends Farm.
The exciting new attraction at the theme park – which will celebrate its 20th anniversary in May – will bring the cute, cuddly and the clucky to Cleethorpes.

The animals preparing to move into the five acre plot include: pygmy goats, Shetland ponies, pigs, sheep, cows, chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs.
Owner Melanie Wood said: "Plans are going really well, we have appointed our main contractors, the work has started and the designs are completed. Over the next six weeks it will be full steam ahead.
"We hope it will combine fun and education, which can be hard, but if you get it right it can work really well. The petting farm will appeal to a different, younger audience.
"We have discussed doing this over the years, it has been on and off and then on again. Sometimes you have to say, 'right, let's get on with it'. We have made some difficult decisions but I am 100 per cent sure this is the right thing to do."
The farm also includes a tractor ride, so visitors can view the animals from afar or for those who want to get up close and personal, there will be feeding and petting sessions.
These will be supervised by two animal behaviour experts, who will be employed full-time at the park.
For animal-lover Melanie, the petting zoo is a welcome challenge.
She added: "I was brought up with animals at Flamingo Land and then I married a farmer. Animals are very much a part of my life."
Entry to the farm is included in the main theme park ticket price of £18.50.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Well, if there ever was an excuse to build cattle pens...

Martyn B

CF Legend

This is all open now.

Not the best park farm are I've been to. No walk in pens, but you do get to bottle feed some of the lambs/calfs.

And they've finally made good use of that pointless Monorail ride.

sean

Mega Poster

Any photos of the tractors Martyn and do they run smoothly over the track?

Martyn B

CF Legend

I didn't go on the Tractor ride Sean, couldn't be bothered. But I'll hopefully get a trip report sorted tomorrow.