What's new

Plans for 2009

NASHER

Roller Poster
My 2009 is looking good already.
Huge possibility of a Florida trip over easter, wih Disney, Universal, Sea World, Busch gardens.
Also probably thorpe to ride SAW, and at least two trips to alton.
Should be good! :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Be making atleast one or two trip to Alton Towers, maybe three, and maybe Blackpool Pleasure Beach, but thats all at the moment.

thx

Mega Poster
I don't really have any plans, as well I can only get like max. 4 days off/month work (sort of a state law thing)(excl.weekends) until Sept, so I can't really plan anything 'big'.

That said, I'd love to visit Denmark, well preferably somewhere outside Copenhagen as I've already done Tivoli & Bakken. Oh and Gröna Lund is very high up in my to do list, also as they now have 4 quite interesting coasters. Other than that it will be Linnanmäki at some point, and hopefully Särkänniemi.

Also, I've been looking for quite sometime on some cheap flights to Germany, Netherlands and UK, so it would be great if I could do like a 4 day trip or so, squeeze in a park or two, maybe revisit Thorpe etc.

EDIT: oh and (well this goes without saying), but if anyone those who said they might come to Finland need any help or info feel free to pm me.

Jake

Strata Poster
Next trip, although not a 'coaster' trip, will include a few parks which happen to be conveniently placed -

Lunapark in Prague, 2 coasters.
Wiener Prater in Vienna, 10 coasters
And Widampark or something in Budapest, with 4 coasters.

In the summer i'll probably be going to FL with Ben, and perhaps Plopsaland, to try out their new coasters. Oh, and Thorpe </3.

I probably won't visit Alton or Drayton much/atall due to me not living in the Midlands anymore!

And of course, i'll be doing the TPR west coast trip. I'm also toying with a Mexico trip 'on the way' to west coast, permitting Neil is living back in Mexico in the summer. But that's just in the pipeline and probably won't happen.

So.... Central Europe, some UK credits and USA West Coast are confirmed.

Mexico and the CF Denmark trip are on the 'maybeish' list, though!

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'll be going to my usaual ones, Thorpe, Chessington and Paultons. Might also go to Alton for my birthday!

I'm trying to persuade my parents to go to Florida for our family holiday this year. They've told me my GCSE results have to be at least as good as my predicted grades. Not sure how we'll have time to book after we get the results, but I'll do my best.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Definite: Six Flags New England
Probably: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Over Georgia, Canobie Lake Park
Wishful Thinking: Cedar Point

There's pretty much only one park we go to every year multiple times because it's actually near us, and that's SFNE. We've been to SFGAdv two years in a row now, but gas prices could go back up, parents could just not feel like making the six hour drive, etc. We are almost definitely going to SFOG this year over the summer, which really excites me, namely because of Goliath and Mindbender, and hopefully we'll go to Canobie because I haven't been there in YEARS; haven't been on the Cannonball or the log flume for ages. Cedar Point....snowball's chance in hell, but it's nice to dream, isn't it? :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thorpe, Paultons, Flamingoland, Lightwater Valley, Bottons, Pleasure Island, Fantasy Island and, of course, Alton Towers.

Anything beyond that is down to a lottery win!

Will result in at least three new coasters for me though, and about a dozen for the kids (MMF hits 1.10M next year) :)

10ryansmith

Roller Poster
Definate:
Kings Island
Cedar Point
Holiday World
Indiana Beach
ALL of Disneyworld
Busch Gardens Africa
Both Universail parks in Orlando
Dollywood
Carowinds

Maybe's'
Most of the UK parks, depends on if I got to summer trainning in the summer for the Air Force ROTC program.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I should be going to:

Alton Towers
Drayton Manor
Flamingo Land
Thorpe Park

And possibly Lightwater Valley.

Jakizle

Roller Poster
Here is my plan for 2009:

SFFT all season long.

Feb: Kemah Boardwalk, possibly again in the summer

May: Schlitterbahn

June: Worlds of Fun, SF Great America, Indiana Beach, Cedar Point, Holiday World, Six Flags St. Louis, possibly Adventureland

July: Six Flags Over Georgia, Dollywood, Carowinds, Alabama Adventures, Lake Winnie

September: SFOT

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
At the moment,I'm making plans for a Port Aventura trip sometime in June,and as I've never been before,I'm praying it works out.That's about 90% confirmed so far.

I'd also like to hit up a park in the U.K that I've not done yet,and got Flamingo Land in mind.

Other than that,it'll be Thorpe and Chessie as usual.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Well the usual Alton Towers. I'm not sure how many times, but it'll definitely be more than a few.

At Easter we'll be going down to London for the Thorpe, Chessie and now Legoland and epic London whoring sesh that the pass now offers. So that'll be cool! It was either that or Oakwood. I'd love to go to Oakwood, since it's one of the only UK parks I still haven't been too, but the other option just offers so much more.

Then a very long summer with nothing at all to do. The first summer we haven't been abroad since, erm....2004 I think because we went to Orlando for Christmas that year.

Then once Halloween is here is off to California to go to the Disney parks, Knots and Universal for all their Halloween shenaneguns. Unfortunately, time just doesn't allow for SFMM, which is a shame because I've yet to do X2, Viper and obviously Terminator and all their Halloween stuff too.

Then it's off to Florida for Christmas and New Year, staying at The Yacht and Beach Club for the first time then switching over to Coronado Springs on Christmas Eve because that's when the family come out to meet us, and they simply won't stay at another hotel because they love it there. That will include a trip to Manta, literally. Not faffing with anything else when I can be at Disney. Then we'll spend a day at Universal for The Simpsons, Hollywood Rockit and see the Grinch and do all the cool stuff there is to do at Universal. There isn't anything new at Busch Gardens, so I suppose that'll just get left until next time.

Then it's 2010!

Insane.

A

Anonymous

I may only go on two trips:

Morey's Piers and SFGAd in April

TPR Texas Trip in July

Those are the only deffinites, but I am trying to hit the Indiana parks and KI as well.

Mike T

Mega Poster
After my Midwest extravaganza last year I'm definitely looking to conquer the East Coast this year, with some particular Six Flags parks, and a particular few of my friends - and I hope to see a family member along the way.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Thus far, I've booked travel arrangements to Southern California in March and Orlando in February. My plans include:

Walt Disney World (all 4 parks)
Busch Gardens Tampa
Old Town

Mundo Divertido
Sea World San Diego
Belmont Park
Legoland California
Knott's Berry Farm
Disneyland
Disney's California Adventure
Universal Studios Hollywood
Six Flags Magic Mountain
and several FEC's / small parks in southern California.

Planned trips include:

King's Island
Stricker's Grove
Camden
Coney Island (Ohio)
Jungle Jack's Landing (formerly Wyandot Lake)

Gilroy Gardens
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
California's Great America
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
and as many of the numerous Northern California FEC's and small parks as possible.

Cliff's Amusements
Wonderland
Joyland
Six Flags Over Texas
and the Ciudad Juarez/El Paso area FEC's.

Arizona/Nevada

If all goes well, I could get about 113 new for me coasters, bringing me to 966 total. Can you guess what my goal is for 2010?
:wink:

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
My plans are Solace in March (and most of SoCal), Northern California, Diamondback/Camden, And somehow getting somewhere in Texas...

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
I had too much going on last summer so I only made it one time to Carowinds so this year is my make up year.

I'm hitting up:
Cedar Point
SFOG
Carowinds
Busch Gardens (Williamsburg)
Kings Dominon
Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags America
and I'm going out to California for a week so I'm gona try to make it to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knotts Berry Farm, but I'm not positive about those.