What's new

Phantasialand | Avoras | 2024

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The first section/tower of the new play structure's safety fencing is getting some decorative cladding - although the red & black looks a bit more Rookburgh-ish than Wuze? Probably will make more sense when all finished in context.
Certainly Universal Rocks are continuing to theme the tower walls behind, and adding rockwork to the base of the structure's supports, both of which are very much in the style of Wuze Town.
20231021_103334.jpg.d15780513cada0ed5d03127a326c8f0c.jpg

Presumably the two large openings on the lower level will connect to structures yet to be built. Imagine with the restrictions of doing all this in the limited space inside the tower they have to finish it bit by bit.

Source

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
No this has always been a way through under Silverado Theatre to the back pathway from which you get into the ride queue. This is simply a prominent sign from the main midway to direct people through there, as opposed to wondering around to find it by chance 😅

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
The new play structure features on the Wintertraum map, gives an idea of what's to be expected.

1116wuzewatch2.jpg

Nicked the pic from this looopings article: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/24080/Phantasialand-onthult-ontwerp-voor-nieuw-speelgebied.html

Now maybe I'm looking a bit too deep into this, but when I downloaded the image I noticed the file name had 'Wuze Watch' in it. Could Looopings have already gotten the name of the new addition without clearance to share it openly? I could definitely see that name working, it kinda resembles a watchtower in my eyes?🤷🏻‍♂️ Could ofcourse also just be some random name they chose to use, but it was intriguing to see both files named in that way.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The new play structure features on the Wintertraum map, gives an idea of what's to be expected.

View attachment 28341

Nicked the pic from this looopings article: https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/24080/Phantasialand-onthult-ontwerp-voor-nieuw-speelgebied.html

Now maybe I'm looking a bit too deep into this, but when I downloaded the image I noticed the file name had 'Wuze Watch' in it. Could Looopings have already gotten the name of the new addition without clearance to share it openly? I could definitely see that name working, it kinda resembles a watchtower in my eyes?🤷🏻‍♂️ Could ofcourse also just be some random name they chose to use, but it was intriguing to see both files named in that way.
Don’t read into it #WuzeWatch is the hashtag I’ve been using on Twitter when sharing construction updates as a homage to the Wuze Wall Watch updates of old during Rookburgh’s construction

Trax

Hyper Poster
Loopings is not particularly known for waiting for any permission before sharing anything, quite contrary. So if they were to know the name, they‘d have already shared it.

Trax

Hyper Poster
The first picture is the queue, the picture is taken from the wooden emergency exit and shows what used to be the wooden fence and the painted concrete wall you used to walk straight towards to when passing over the bridge. Good to see that they finally realised they forgot to theme that area, took them only 7.5 years.

The last picture is more difficult, the plan in the background shows buildings, which makes the position quite obvious. But it doesn’t make much sense to me, as the Rockwall shown would be in a place where a perfectly fine (and themed) wall already is. As the image also shows some stairs, this might hint towards the Raik area, but that makes little sense to me as well.

Ideally, they would finally use the viewing area that was obviously planned in the beginning, but not used for some reason (I guess some permits regarding fire safety or something along those lines). But that one is in a different place than that plan hints to.

Anyway, I am glad to see that Klugheim gets some more attention. I really enjoy the area, but once in the queue for Taron, I felt that the theming level dropped significantly. The update to the Chiapas wall will improve this quite a bit.

Last edited: