What's new

PBB 2011 Rumour Mill

tks

Strata Poster
They're idiots. They didn't open the Grand National until 11.30am according the sign outside the station, and the park was letting people in at 10am..

My only guess is that they want to try and rape people even more with their expensive goods. Keep people off the rides and they're more likely to buy lots of ****.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ What did he say to make you think otherwise....? :?

I personally wouldn't look too far into it. Adventure Island already has 2 coasters of a similar scale, so I couldn't see them benefiting from this one. (But ya never know!)

My money would be on it going down the road to New Pleasureland.

marc

CF Legend
I would love to know where in AI the coaster will fit as the last time I looked there was not much room :) I do not think AI would buy it anyway and there are no facts to back up what was said.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its funny that some members on that forum are like "yeah wow, thanks for the news" etc etc, even though its just speculation....

Yet if anyone on here 'speculates' against the PB, certain members of that forum will come on here and say "get your facts right, you nothing, its not confirmed, I am king etc etc" :roll:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Ok, please respect members of other sites. By all means feel free to bang anybody to rights on CF, but please don't slag off others.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I wasn't really slagging anyone off (well I didn't mean to at least), just kinda stating what does happens on here occasionally, which isn't right really.

Hurri

Mega Poster
Right, nothing has been confirmed by Adventure Island... yet.

I'm not convinced. Why would we buy a 26 year old roller coaster? Surely we need to move forward and invest in new technology, a new flat ride would fit in the Lucky Strike arcade and do a much better job of pulling people in than a coaster older than me, that wasn't anything amazing at Blackpool and is likely to be open air if it comes to AI and as such even less exciting...

I suppose stranger things have happened...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I think you can safely assume that won't be happening. Somebody pulled that idea out of their arse with absolutely no thought or reason as to why it would/could happen. Unless someone can come forward with some real evidence (not including "well it could fit here or here blah blah"), then there's absolutely no need to continue this train of thought.

That's not having a go at you, Hurri, by the way, more the person that took a random, unjustified "idea" and tried and make something of it here. I could just as easily say that it's going to Flamingoland to replace their old Flying Trapeze. Would that warrant further discussion? No.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm not convinced. Why would we buy a 26 year old roller coaster? Surely we need to move forward and invest in new technology, a new flat ride would fit in the Lucky Strike arcade and do a much better job of pulling people in than a coaster older than me, that wasn't anything amazing at Blackpool and is likely to be open air if it comes to AI and as such even less exciting...

I personally thought Space Invader was quite a neat, fun little coaster.

But if they're not kept indoors, these coasters are super but ugly!

p4897.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's the second rumour in three years where Blackpool and Adventure Island has been linked. I recall three years ago somebody said that Phillip Miller and co were planning on buying Blackpool after that Thompson woman ran into financial difficulties. I suppose they are both seaside amusement parks so these rumours will surface now and then.

I love rumours, they are exciting, but I'd estimate about 90% of them are false!

marc

CF Legend
Ian I bet that is why some people thought it was AI that bought Space Invader as they saw Miller up there talking to them. Tbh the best thing would be for Miller to by the park, he has put more rides into AI in the last 3 years than Blackpool have in 10 :) (Joking btw please do not take this as fact)

I have tbh I am please the story is not true as I dont think AI should be old rides and Miller seems to like new things anyway. Hurri thanks for finding out for us.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
The removal of Space Invader has begun.

It must be moving somewhere. Talk is, its not Adventure Island, its going to be Brean Leisure Park (think thats the name of the place).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Scott88 said:
The removal of Space Invader has begun.

It must be moving somewhere. Talk is, its not Adventure Island, its going to be Brean Leisure Park (think thats the name of the place).

Ooooh... I'm heading past Brean in September... I wasn't going to go and visit, but that might actually tempt me :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
That sounds a bit more plausible.

I'm very surprised it hasn't been snapped up by New Pleasureland! (Lol, I see RCDB has given up on keeping track of their coasters!)

marc

CF Legend
Found this on Screamscape.

Park News - (7/28/10) This may be nothing, but we’ve heard a rumor that Valhalla may get altered this winter, possibly removing the turntable before the backwards drop, allowing the boats to only move forward through the ride. This wouldn’t be the first time that Intamin’s troublesome turntables were removed from one of these rides, as Six Flags America did some extensive renovations to Typhoon SeaCoaster a few years back, renaming it Skull Mountain in the process, and removed the backwards portion of the ride.

nemesisamazing

Roller Poster
They need to focus on keeping their rides open all day.When i went on july 24th the Big one and grand national just shut for about an hour around lunch.WHY BLACKPOOL??

alexr

Hyper Poster
Work is talking place on rollercoaster already.
You can also see the thinnest house being removed and rollercoaster starting to go orange!
DSCF0851.jpg

DSCF0982.jpg

DSCF0967.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0983.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

DSCF0850.jpg

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0838.jpg

Pics copyright to me and pbre