What's new

Paultons Park Enthusiast Day

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The day was fantastic, I had a superb time.

Each club does things in a different way and attracts different people. Although I appreciate your loyalty to CF, I'd much rather read comments about what a great day we had.  I proud of the reputation CF, please don't knock us back a couple of years!

The RCCGB, the park and myself worked closely to create a unique experience for all enthusiasts to enjoy. I think it went really well and I particularly enjoyed the double-act with Andy Hine during the treasure hunt. And well done CF for the giving the loud cheers when one of us won!

I will do a full trip report tomorrow. I didn't plan on doing this at 3am! So let's start again shall we? Concentrate on your day out, not others!

marc

CF Legend
Would like to thank Ian, Andy and Paultons for a great day and the amount of work that went into planing the event.

It was great to hear about then new area and what it means to them and the changes they are making in terms that this is having to be a themed area and its a new thing for them.

was great to see everyone as its been such a long time.

I also won my 1st ever thing in CF, a coaster wheel lol :)

For me the day was about supporting the park and being there for Coasterforce, it was not about the rides etc. We did have a few goes on Cobra which is a coaster I really do enjoy.

So yeah thanks all for making it a fun day, when I say all I do mean all the coaster groups and people that attended.

Mark

Strata Poster
Phew, what a day. I was absolutely exhasuted last night...

Firstly, apologies that we had to shoot off a bit earlier. I had to go and sort out phone issues since someone had managed to change pieces of account details and so on! Grrrrr

Anyways, as always, it was great to see all of you and meet Maddie for the first time. It never gets boring meeting new people so yay :)

Had a fun fun fun day and got in a few good rides to boot. I always forget how the drop on Cobra is better than it looks.

It was very interesting hearing what Paultons have to say regarding their future and so on. They certainly have a direction which is always a good thing. Many thanks to them for putting on the day and taking the time out to come guide us all around it... even if I did get momentarily distracted by the meerkats :)

Finally, many thanks to Ian for putting it all together. I know you been working on it (with Paultons and the other coaster groups) for some months now and it was great to be a part of the day. Who knows, it may become a regular feature or something other parks might be interested in doing... Not necessarily for new constructions but general enthusiast days. So yes, thanks Ian, ya ledge!

Beans

Hyper Poster
Thanks to Ian for arranging and interesting day at Paultons, was keen to see Pepper Pig world as I can promote this at work being as I work in there marketed age group, picked up big handfull of leaflets to take in tomorrow.
Was good seeing everyone as well yesterday, had an interesting conversation with a couple of members of the RCCGB about park experiences, and with Andy about Ravine Flyer II.

Thanks Ian also for "my big bum" comments whilst playing mini golf, only thought my two noticed it's size. :wink:

Was thoroughly knackered and fell asleep on sofa without finishing cuppa, and still cannot remember getting to bed, so my age must be catching up with me.

On way home we stopped at Hayling Island and Leigh did Funland with a £5 wristband, he can give his own comments for that, I just sat on beach and watched the beautiful sunset. Didn't feel like getting the beating I think I would have got.

Have a few pics but haven't got them off camera yet so will post them later..

marc

CF Legend
Here is a picture of the coaster wheel I won :)
60951_10150272863455179_520050178_14773373_8163637_n.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ok, time for a brief report!

The RCCGB were all organised with pre-purchased tickets. As I did not want to responsible for peoples cash, we paid on the day. Thanks for Paultons for organising this and thanks for CFers for having their money ready. It went swiftly.

A rather soggy start to the day where were walked around Cobra’s out of bounds area. It was nice to have a group shot. I did cringe when I heard the “uggy uggy uggy” chant and my non-CF mates gave a me a bit of a strange look. Mark retaliated with a “Coaster…Force” shout. Although I find the shouting a little cringe worthy, it did lighten the mood!

Andy Hine did a little introduction and I reluctantly stood next to him. As you know, I’d rather mingle with people that “lead” but it was nice to stand there along side him and welcome everybody. I hate those photos, Tina…diet starts today!

ERT on Cobra and backwards Sky Wingers followed. I only managed one go on Cobra, was too busy chatting. I regretted doing the Sky Winger backwards. I thought “**** it”, it’s not something I can do on every theme park visit so I went for it. As soon as it spun backwards I wanted it to end. I have to admit that I would have rather had Edge ERT than Sky Swinger, but that’s a personal preference.

A few of us wandered off for a coffee and a bacon roll. Even though it took forever to cook, it was really delicious. Just what the doctor ordered!

Next up was the Peppa Pig World presentation. Having liaised with the park previously regarding the construction, I didn’t learn anything new but I could see people were interested. I think everybody on the whole is looking forward to it, although it may alienate some.

A short Q&A session followed. A couple of decent questions, including one from a well spoken Jordan. When Andy Hine asked his question, I admit to rolling my eyes and waited for the woodie question to crop up! In both of the times I’ve met Andy, it’s all he goes on about! Keep plugging away, Andy, I’m sure a park will get one in their own time! And that chap who asked the question about slides…erm…err…bit too much excitement about slides and play areas methinks!

The tour of Peppa Pig World was great. I think it looks really fantastic. I’m excited about seeing it complete next year. I don’t think everybody managed to hear what Stephen Lorton had to say as the group was spread out, but Leigh captured it all on video and will probably make our documentary next year! It’s good to learn that they will market PPW nationally.

Then we split up to do the treasure hunt! I used this time to catch up with my non-CF mates. Having young children, they wanted to do the childish rides. I took Jessica on Flying Frog twice…she loved it! My friend Leah also had several goes on the ladybird ride. It was hilarious. Nic – FYI, that baby is Messy Dave’s youngest, not his! I spotted a group of CFers walking around and they drew on my mind-boggling knowledge of the park for some assistance with the hunt!

I collected the prizes from coach drivers rest room and was ASTONISHED by the sheer weight of all those wheels and pieces! I really struggled carrying that box over towards Cobra. Thankfully I spotted a couple of RCCGBers who kindly assisted me.

Andy and I carried out the draw. Thankfully people realised that I was joking when I read out the first winner as “Andy Hine.” Well done CoasterForce for the big cheers when one of us won something!

At lunch, we went to the pub by the entrance to the park and had a delicious meal that took FOREVER but the banter was great and the table was brilliant! I was impressed by it. Simple things, eh?

After lunch, we did our own thing. CoasterForce stuck together as a group as we always do. We occasionally bumped into the odd RCCGBer but they seemed far and few between. We did the Astroslide with Stone Cold’s usual competiveness. Poor Ollie had to slide down without a mat :p

We criss-crossed the park doing Stinger, Waverunner and the amazing Jumpin’ Bean. “Ahh, ahh, ahhh, ahhh….ohhhh!” No drop tower I’ve been on can match the willy lift of this ride. It literally makes my balls ache. Fantastic ride!

Stone Cold, Neal, Maddie and Ollie had a go on the water balloons. Yes, the Stone Cold related noise was immense. Maddie certainly has the water ballooning skills!

Next up was the crazy golf. It’s amazing to play this type of attraction for free (for a small returnable deposit). I could have won but fluffed the last hole. Plenty of banter, competitiveness and friendly rivalry! Sorry for the fat ass comment, Tina, but you did open yourself up for that one :p

Back over to Cobra for one last go, stopping off again at the astrodslide, and then it was 5pm and time to go home!

You all know that I’m incredibly favourable towards Paultons. I absolutely adore the park and, with CF, it’s such an amazing day out. It’s a park that I’m happy to wander about in without riding. It’s so gorgeous. There’s enough there to keep me entertained and enjoy. I always walk away with a smile.

Regardless of what anybody may think of Andy Hine or the RCCGB, I loved the chance to work alongside them to create a memorable day out for enthusiasts from different groups to enjoy. Yes, we do things different but ultimately we all just want to piss around at a theme park with good mates and make our own memories in a neutral environment.

Thanks once again to everybody who turned up and embraced the day. It was a different experience for myself and CF but one we can all (hopefully!) agree was brilliant!

Thanks also to Marcus Gaines who was my RCCGB equivalent when organising this with the park. I’m unsure what involvement Andy Hine had with the organisation, but cheers anyway! Biggest thanks must go to Caroline, Rob and Stephen from Paultons management...carry on with what you’re doing and you’ll have a fan for life in me!

Right, enough sentimental bollocks from me. Keep the trip reports coming!

Beans

Hyper Poster
I put a few leaflets out at Playschool this morning and there was great excitement from a few of the girls, parents are relitavely not aware of Paultons, they certainly need to up there advertising on national tv.
Will keep promoting it at work, as I do love the park.

No offence taken Ian, it was just different for it not to be Phill and leigh saying it.. Haha.

I purposely added the shot of intergroup stuff as most seem good to chat to, whom we did anyway, and at the end of the day we all love one think, Coasters.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Did anybody else take photos? I'm trying to compile a home page report. The ones that Tina has supplied are fine but there may be stuff Tina missed...although I doubt it! I'd imagine Tina has a camera shaped tan mark on her face :p

marc

CF Legend
Sorry Ian I did not take any, from memory I do not think anyone else did. I took my camera but forgot the memory stick :(

peep

CF Legend
Nice trip report Ian, I think you summed up the day nicely. That pub lunch was nice despite the huge wait for food, what were they up to in that kitchen? The banter amongst the group was great and it's one of the reasons I love these CF meets so much, you're guaranteed to have a fun time despite how good/bad the park is.

I has a few pics, mother took loads of just the park in general to show the park off to her colleagues so I doubt there are many you can use and I think Tina has pretty much everything covered.

PHOTO ALBUM