What's new

Parks in Movies

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I caught the last few minutes of Titanic the other day (yes, it's been that long since I last watched it, I'd forgotten how bad it was!). At the very end it homes in on a photograph of the young Rose with her family, flying a plane....and on a horse in front of a rollercoaster. Unfortunately it's a bit blurry and I've no idea if it's real or not.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Saw a preview for a movie called Judy Boomy and the Not so Bummer Summer or something...anywho, apparently they are on Goliath at SFMM (i believe it is that one at least).

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion and Revolution at Magic Mountain were featured in Rollercoaster.

Also, I did not write the post on the previous page that looks like it's attributed to me. WTF?

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Intricks said:
I want to say it was Viper from SFMM (I THINK it was Viper, I could be entirely wrong) that was featured in the horrid Final Destination 3.
If I remember correctly from reading a while back, it was at a park in Vancouver, British Columbia - this typical "Corkscrew" coaster right here:

ibflkg38v04vo00100p2l0.jpg

Kinda funny in the movie compared to the real thing, they completely blew it all up out of proportion or, greatly exaggerated the real-life coaster, even the physics of roller coasters in general, haha.

s15c

Mega Poster
Despicable Me... sort of. Cartoons don't really work.

But National Lampoon's I can elaborate on- for the introduction to the park and aesthetics, it was Santa Anita Park. The coasters are rather obvious, being Colossus and Revolution at SFMM.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Intricks said:
Saw a preview for a movie called Judy Boomy and the Not so Bummer Summer or something...anywho, apparently they are on Goliath at SFMM (i believe it is that one at least).

That would explain the repaint that Goliath went through in 2009. You can see a few shots of it in this trailer, starting at 1:15

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgHPxzalwrs[/youtube]

And focusing in on the frame in the middle of 1:25, you can clearly see very colorful supports, rather than the standard issue sun faded that were there.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^That it does, but through the effects of movie magic, you can make an old ride look new. The OTSR's aren't bad, I remember riding it when it didn't.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain

Saw this on youtube films and it has a coaster in the poster.
220px-3_ninjas_high_noon_at_mega_mountain_poster.jpg

EDIT: According to it's description, the films filmed nearly entirly at SFMM.

kimahri

CF Legend
^I heard Elitches gardens or what ever the **** it is.

Richie Rich with Iron Wolf at Great America?

And here's a really Obscure (and really ****) one, The movie Funland:-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091094/

It was shot in Six Flags over Georgia apparently... I made a topic about it years ago before I was the delusional spammy twat I am now and CF was black.

It was a **** movie.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^
3 Ninjas: High Noon at Megamountain In this action-packed tale of courage, trust and honor, three unstoppable ninja brothers, Rocky (Mathew Botuchis), Colt (Michael O'Laskey) and Tum Tum (James Paul Roeske II), put their years of training to the test. While the brothers visit Mega Mountain amusement park to see their favorite TV action superstar, Dave Dragon (Hulk Hogan), the evil bandit Queen Medusa (Loni Anderson) and her vicious chief henchman Lothar Zogg (Jim Varney) have plotted to take over the park by force and threaten to blow it up and everyone in it unless she's handed over a princely ransom of $10 million. When Tum Tum observes Dave Dragon being captured, the three ninja brothers step into action, using their karate fighting skills to rescue their hero and save the park from Medusa and her band of thugs.

There's the description I read and in the name of the movie it does say Mega Mountain which is very close to Magic Mountain.

Joober

Roller Poster
For Final Destination 3 they actually had a bog standard Corkscrew coaster built in the parking lot of the film studio, they didn't use a real park or existing coaster for it.

It's all on the 'behind the scenes' footage on the DVD ;)

The Hulk at Islands Of Adventure was used in House On Haunted Hill :)

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Not a film, but there's plenty of theme park activity in the title sequence of terrible 90s sitcom Step By Step. I think it's SFMM with a few CGI ehnancements?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv1WfG3bFO0[/youtube]

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I remember seeing SFMM in one of the spy kids movies. They added these stupid computer generated rides to the park and yes the film was **** - but i'm sure your not suprised there :roll:

Idlewild

Mega Poster
Some from some old films for you;

The Coney Island Thunderbolt features in Annie Hall.

In The Third Man, there is the rather famous "Cucco Clock" speech, which takes place on a Ferris Wheel.

Sunrise: a song of two humans and Stragers on a train both have scenes set at Amusement parks.