What's new

Park Ticket Prices

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Can't help but think that some of the smaller parks need a new model for how they charge; Places like Beamish Open Air Museum in Durham have a policy whereby if you visit, then you can visit for the rest of the year free.

The3 likes of Camelot or LWV could do worse than creating a 'ONE, TWO..FREE' system whereby if you visit twice, you can visit for the rest of the year for free. I'd imagine most visitors to the park only visit once a year or use vouches for additional visits, so it is unlikely to harm cash take on tickets, but I suspect people may spend more overall, particularly on the 'free visits', without having to worry about paying for entry.

Either that, or the smaller parks should form a co-operative, and have an alternative to the merlin pass, whereby they share the revenue of pass purchases, but visitors can visit any of the member parks.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
For Legoland Windsor, it's £39 for an adult to get in with a child for £30!!

But to go with everyone saying about the offers at parks, It's only £35.10 for an adult or £27 for a child if you buy online.Also the website says that "all children go free if you book a short break for next year" :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Actually, I just realised, thats not a great idea. If Lightwater offered it, then no one would buy an Annual Pass.

Nic

Strata Poster
slappy mcguire said:
the smaller parks should form a co-operative, and have an alternative to the merlin pass, whereby they share the revenue of pass purchases, but visitors can visit any of the member parks.
I love this idea. We've seen that a number of the smaller parks have tried to take advantage of the bad feeling that Merlin have had towards them this week. If they could club together to create some kind of group pass, or even some kind of loyalty card system, that'd be awesome.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
slappy mcguire said:
Places like Beamish Open Air Museum in Durham have a policy whereby if you visit, then you can visit for the rest of the year free.

Isn't that basically an empty offer though? It sounds good, but how many times a year would the kids appreciate being dragged to Beamish Open Air Museum? Surely it's the sort of place that you'd visit once a year at most.

Ollie

CF Legend
slappy mcguire said:
Places like Beamish Open Air Museum in Durham have a policy whereby if you visit, then you can visit for the rest of the year free.
They do that at The Deep in Hull. Except when you visit once they give you a form and then you just put a picture of yourself on it and it gets you in free all year. Either that or you can pay more for an annual pass which seems weird as you might as well just pay to go in once haha.

Tom

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
slappy mcguire said:

Isn't that basically an empty offer though? It sounds good, but how many times a year would the kids appreciate being dragged to Beamish Open Air Museum? Surely it's the sort of place that you'd visit once a year at most.
Isn't that the whole point though? If people go once and never go again, then nothing's lost and considering that there aren't many who would visit again that year anyway, any offer is a good move to get people to come.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Yes. That's exactly what I meant by an "empty offer".

Ben

CF Legend
Ollie said:
They do that at The Deep in Hull. Except when you visit once they give you a form and then you just put a picture of yourself on it and it gets you in free all year. Either that or you can pay more for an annual pass which seems weird as you might as well just pay to go in once haha.

THE DEEP <3

SUCH Coach Trip <3

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
slappy mcguire said:
They Also do that at the S.S. Great Britain in Bristol. Kinda similar to what Gavin said, If you live near the place, that idea is pretty good, but if you don't, Then it isn't really.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont know if this is just because of how early in the year it still is, but the Merlin offers in the papers aren't the same. Last weeks Sun had '2 for1' offers the non-theme park attractions, such Sealife, Warwick Castle etc.

For the actual theme parks, they only had 'free child' vouchers....

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I thought most Merlin park offers were normally BOGOF but the free ticket is generally a child ticket (alluding to 'free child' vouchers)?

After saying that though the adult BOGOF vouchers normally seem to come a little later in the year on cereal boxes.

Also (and it's digging back a little into the topic) but York attractions do the 'buy a ticket get in free for 12 months too'.