What's new

Paradise park-Rct3

alexr

Hyper Poster
I am going to share with every one some screenshots and story from my rct3 park paradise park.
The park started of with a Schwarzkopf coaster On the small amusement park plot in the country but began to build and has eventualy got themed lands and atractions The park is not 27 years old.
Shot1342.jpg

The original Schwarzkop coaster
Shot1363.jpg

The ride 5 years on with the mine ride
It was only eventualy removed and put in storage at the back on the park.
I will show some of the parks main attractions
Shot1492.jpg

Materhorn bobsled ride normaly on2/3 trains
Shot1495.jpg

;
Shot1491.jpg

Shot1488.jpg

Shot1369.jpg

Boomerang;Your average vekoma due to be removed soon
Shot1481.jpg

Steeple chase;replaced tropical coaster
Shot1484.jpg

texas tornado;out and back woddie with helix
Shot1482.jpg

Shot1372.jpg

Shot1376.jpg

Shot1387.jpg

Buffalo chase-launched coaster
Shot1490.jpg

mine plunge a euro fighter type ride.Not very reliable also due to be removed when bommerng goes
Shot1489.jpg

rocky river falls log flume.
Shot1499.jpg

Dino land jurasic park type land feturing a dive machine;
Shot1476.jpg

Part of sherika(dive machine)
Shot1480.jpg

Shot1408.jpg

more of dino land
Shot1282.jpg

river adventure
Shot1309.jpg

Shot1331.jpg

dive machine
Shot1499.jpg

More of dinoland
Shot1477.jpg

Enterprise is part of the new land-Atlantis
Shot1475.jpg

B&M invert which runs 3 trains on a block section-can run 4 but chose not to
Shot1423.jpg

Shot1417.jpg

Shot1415.jpg

Shot1434.jpg

Shot1413.jpg

Also tropical coaster was rethemed and gave one last chance but became hard to maintain and was but in storage
Shot1398.jpg

Shot1397.jpg

But has been made into a dark coaster and been refurb in the atlantis area
Shot1474.jpg

Some of the storage areas at the back on the park including the old kids coaster.
Shot1478.jpg

Also there is a kind of hidden arrow suspended coaster.
Shot1514.jpg

The station,
Shot1515.jpg

Anyway comments and feedback would be nice and suggestions for the future

I will keep this topic update with updates from the park.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Good start! From what I can see the layouts of your coasters are good. There are a few things you could improve on for example try smoothing out the terrain as you have quite a few small spikes coming out from the ground. Also a few of the buildings are slightly out of place like the massive lift hill buildings. I have tried building them too and its really REALLY hard to get them right but as I have said you have made a realy good start to a park that looks promising. Also have you considered downloading some custom scenery? There are some really usefull items you can download. But as I said good start, can't wait to see more!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pimply hills - big no no.
Big, square, blocky buildings - big no no.
Toilet bowl helices - big no no.

So, apart from the majority of your theming, it's looking great ;)

Covered lift hills are difficult, I've only ever done one myself:
sistation.jpg

from here:
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 69&t=24285

You'll notice it's quite wide, but more importantly, there is a lot of "high" theming around it. This disguises the blocky nature of it quite a bit. It fits in more with the surrounding.

Making good parks is more than just "plonking down theming", it's about creating somethnig big an immersive. Keep on trying, but you really need to work hard to produce a park that looks good from the outside, as well as from the "onride camera".

As always with people pretty new to RCT3, I'll have to point you at:
http://www.coasterforce.com/RCT3_Guides

Keep on trying and learning :)

Oh, and ignore people who go on about custom scenery. Learn to use what is offered with the game well first -THEN when you've exhausted it, move on (I still haven't exhausted it).

kimahri

CF Legend
furie said:
Oh, and ignore people who go on about custom scenery. Learn to use what is offered with the game well first -THEN when you've exhausted it, move on (I still haven't exhausted it).

I was going to say why, but unlike NL adding CS'll make things harder. So yeah... play with what you have for now.

For unblocky buildings, start with your simple blocky building then start taking away bits and adding some random little bits all around it, It'll break up the shape some more.

Landscaping, there's 2 things you need, one of the tools'll get rig of your vertical faces and another one will smooth them out so they look more rounded. Later on when you move onto CS You can start using rocks or stuff to hide vertical faces or make them look more natural.

Track layouts, the biggest thing you need to stop doing are:

Toilet bowl helixes, have at least a maximum of 3 halves if you do them like that. when you get a bit more creative you can start doing some more twisty ones and not using the standard ones.

On your Swarzkopf, after the first drop, don't do that. never go from from leveling out to a sharp drop, it looks crap and it'll feel crap. Also when going into loops and half looks, never go into a steep incline.

Space your coasters out more, having them all on top of each other makes them all tanged and cluttered.

On your Wooden coaster, you have a chain lift, corner and then another lift. avoid that like the pluage, when you go on to block sections it'll really **** it up.

Always bank the corner drops if you can. On the tracks you can't never use the corner drop at high speed. And also Try to hag a longer incline after large drops (unlike your DM).

Never enter or exit loops with a cornered drop. This is however fine when using your inline twists and stuff (dispite it never actually being used IRL)

About your flat rides, Try and spread them out a bit. Also for the smaller flat rides, bulk them out. Leave a square or 2 between the ride boundry and the queue and path, Fill it with foliage or some small rocks and small scenary items. when you get better, you can start raising them up. buildig them on platforms or using Option TXT or CS to break up blocky shape of the larger rides.

I might make and advanced guide on some stuff one time... Can I Furie?! :3

alexr

Hyper Poster
Thanks.
I will not be able to update for a while but The feedback is realy good and iv leaned alot.
The park was intended to be an amusement park turning into a theme park over time.
I agree about the blocky buildings I will try and fix them.
Likes of some rides there intended to have blocky buildings like maintenance sheds and the log flumes indoor section.
Shot1331.jpg

As for coverd lift hills they are quite hard and look a little un realistic.
Thanks everyone for the feedback I hope to update this topic soon.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Time to update this topic after getting the game again!

Anyway quite alots happend,some rides have been removed,Photos will tell the story.
Shot1540.jpg

Temple of doom has been completed and is proving popular with familys
Shot1572.jpg

Mine plunge has been removed
Shot1574.jpg

track is still lying about everywhere.
Shot1613.jpg

A new disco type ride has been added.
Shot1627.jpg

Boomerang has got a new station due to train rusting during limited operation.
Shot1634.jpg

Mine train has got a new station.
Shot1630.jpg

Also the park has a new railway
Shot1632.jpg

A station.
Shot1623.jpg

The suspernded coaster has crashed after staling,Heres it after evacuating
Shot1624.jpg

The ride is sbno and future is in doubt
Shot1625.jpg

All enterances have been boarded up
Shot1636.jpg

A crane had appeared and the trains were removed to the workshop.
Shot1626.jpg

More boarded up
Shot1629.jpg

The tacky 80s entrace is soon to be removed.

Thats all till next time!