What's new

Overrated rollercoasters uk edition

Thrillseeker2024

Roller Poster
Wicker man.

I know lots of people who like this ride, and I can see why, but I did think when I rode it for the first time, it was massively overhyped as people were claiming it to be the best coaster at towers

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m going to dive straight in with a big, controversial one; Nemesis. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic coaster and I thoroughly look forward to it coming back next year, but I don’t personally agree with the prevailing view that it’s “by far the UK’s best coaster and among the best in the world”. It’s not my favourite in the UK, and it’s not even my favourite at Alton Towers. I’d possibly even say that I preferred Inferno of the UK’s two “Nemesi” (although they are quite closely matched in my rankings, to be fair).

I do like Nemesis a lot, but it doesn’t usurp Inferno for me and isn’t my personal favourite UK coaster or even in my UK top 3 (for those interested; my UK top 3 is Icon, Wicker Man and Oblivion, in that order).

Thrillseeker2024

Roller Poster
I’m going to dive straight in with a big, controversial one; Nemesis. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic coaster and I thoroughly look forward to it coming back next year, but I don’t personally agree with the prevailing view that it’s “by far the UK’s best coaster and among the best in the world”. It’s not my favourite in the UK, and it’s not even my favourite at Alton Towers. I’d possibly even say that I preferred Inferno of the UK’s two “Nemesi” (although they are quite closely matched in my rankings, to be fair).

I do like Nemesis a lot, but it doesn’t usurp Inferno for me and isn’t my personal favourite UK coaster or even in my UK top 3 (for those interested; my UK top 3 is Icon, Wicker Man and Oblivion, in that order).
Wicker man?!

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Icon.

I just don't get the fuss. Its good, in the same way the Avalanche is good, but its hardly a top level thrill machine.

Best coaster in the country? It isn't even the best coaster to invade the southern most point of BPB! Give me any of the woodies, the Big One and as my name suggests the Revolution anyday.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Easily Nemesis. I just fail to see what everyone else sees in the coaster. I appreciate it's historical significance, but the ride experience itself just isn't all that interesting. I totally agree that the first quarter is fantastic. I really enjoy the use of the landscape, making for a unique and genuinely enjoyable first drop corkscrew combo. It's very different and unique, but impactful and punchy. And need I mention how incredible the helix is. But then the ride just dies. The zero g isn't as whippy as Infernos and is just kind of there (albeit with a very impressive visual impact), the stall kills the pacing, the loop has to be one of the worst loops i've ever experienced featuring zero forces and then the final corkscrew is just... there... It starts so strong but tapers out with a complete whimper. It genuinely confuses me how people rank this as one of the best coasters in the world. To me it's outclassed by literally every other B&M invert i've done (Montu, Oziris and Inferno) and isn't even in my top 3 at Alton (Wicker, Smiler, Oblivion).