What's new

Orlando: Evenings, Activities and Extras

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Apart from the obvious visits to theme parks in the daytime, what other things do you make sure you do whilst you're visiting the Orlando area?

Maybe you have a favourite restaurant you like to eat at, or you always make sure you have a day off to go to the beach or the space centre? Maybe you like to visit every Disney resort hotel in alphabetical order or systematically do everything in City Walk? Perhaps. It could be something not directly ride related (e.g. restaurant) or off the beaten track inside a park.

Things I can think of/would recommend, which are pretty much all 'basic' things (hence the topic):

Medieval Times and Pirate dinner shows. Haven't been to either for a few years but they both seemed good when I did go. Also used to enjoy Arabian Nights (rip). These shows are a bit more expensive than some other options though.

Mini/Crazy Golf!!! No explanation needed it's just great. The pirate one by the pink castle hotel is a favourite.

Shopping! Again, no explanation needed.

Previously Old Town (anyone know of they have got any rides back?), now Fun Spot America for an evening.

So, is there anything you like to do, or are planning to do on your next visit?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
First of all, I'm going to need to visit some shops and find out for myself how many Donald Duck accessories I can wear at once. I also really want to visit the Disney hotels and just wander round (lobby/restaurant/grounds) and do the same in the parks when they're busy. I'd love to travel south again and visit Busch & Clearwater, but do the Salvador Dali Museum too. I like Alligators so maybe visit Gatorland. I would have also said to go back to Cypress Gardens, but I recently found out that is now Legoland :cry: Towards the end of the trip I might shoplift here and there.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
After go-karting and riding the coasters at Fun Spot I usually head downtown for clubbing and bar hopping. Orlando nightlife might not be the best, but it certainly isn't bad.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
ERTs at Disney World. That's the only thing I did at night when I went. :p

But now that a Culver's is opening in Kissimmee, I can go there now. Gotta love Midwestern burger places.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
[Local]

When my friends come down to visit once we've done all the parks and stuff.... I like to take them downtown to see the actual city of Orlando. Take a walk around Lake Eola, feed the ducks. There are also a few county parks in the area with nature trails and such, a way to see "real florida" in an area where everything is fake. Tibet Butler preserve is one of my favorites and is literally right behind the Magic Kingdom.

Martyn B

CF Legend
If I'm not at any of the main parks, I tend to make the most of the weekly pass that Fun Spot offer! Their go karts are a hell of a lot of fun!

Lofty

CF Legend
Theme parks aside:

Sleuth's is cheesy, but fun.
The I Drive Live area is fab.
Mango's is also phenomenal if you're 21+.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.