What's new

Original Maverick Heartline Roll

Sarasson

Roller Poster
Does anyone know if the original Maverick heartline roll was ever tested with actual humans or was it determined before human testing to be unusable? Also, was it stresses on people or the track that caused it demise? Thanks.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Not 100% sure on human tests, but I do know it was removed due to stress on the trains.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I remember hearing that 3 or so engineers/executives rode it with the roll, and said "no, get rid of that" after getting off the ride. End of the day, it was the stress on the trains that made them remove it.

Snoo

The Legend
^No.

Several people did ride it, including Werner Stengel himself, and said it was incredible but intense. They did not feel it should be removed. However, after testing and stress tests, it was confirmed that the roll was putting too much stress on the trains, having to possibly replace ALL of the 6 trains every 5 or so years. With each train being several million dollars, it wasn't worth it.

Shame.. I wish they could have left it open for a while with it open.

Ben

CF Legend
^There's six trains, the ride cost $21mil, they don't cost several million each xD

But yeah it's a shame but there's no point in keeping an element that'll tear itself to pieces.