What's new

On-ride POV not found?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
With GoPro hardware relatively accesible nowadays and well-established enthusiasts' organisations, you'd think most coasters do have their on-ride footage avaiblable on Youtube. Not these ride however, and they somehow manage to dodge the trend. What are those coasters that you would like to watch?

Hayabusa is one I searched for years. I know the have experience might have been underwhelming, but I have some nostalgic curiosity about Arrow Suspendeds. The drop looks pretty big for the type of ride too.

Much more recent is the internet omission of Harpy at Wanda Xishuangbanna. This B&M flyer seems to be a good mix between Superman clones and Manta but sadly its rare on-ride captions are massacred by apparent park interference :( The same could be said of Bullet Coaster at Happy Valley Shenzhen up to a few months.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Hayabusa looks cool! Never heard of it before!
Oh and I thought Harpy was a manta clone </3 </3 I'm gonna eventually have to go to Xishuangbanna then. It looks so out-of-the-way.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hmm not so much pov's but there's a really cool looking spinner in habtoorland https://rcdb.com/2666.htm that I'd love to see more of, really tricky even getting a layout for the thing let alone a video. Agreed on Hayabusa and Bullet coaster though. There's also an intamin impulse in the Far East that looks pretty cool but I can't remember there being any decent videos for it!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Hayabusa is one I searched for years. I know the have experience might have been underwhelming, but I have some nostalgic curiosity about Arrow Suspendeds. The drop looks pretty big for the type of ride too.
(Eww, I have to type 3 letters I don't wanna....) If you can get your hands on one of the VHS or DVDs from TPR..... The first time they went to Japan, 2003 maybe? His video has a POV of the ride...but it's from like the third car and of poor quality. (Back when his videos would start basically cresting the lift and abruptly end as the train and with the final block...and it's from mid-train)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
There's also an intamin impulse in the Far East that looks pretty cool but I can't remember there being any decent videos for it!

Linear Gale at Tokyo Dome City?

I always considered that one a pretty strange coaster. Forwards and backwards, no twisting, just up and down the spikes. And judging by the video, it didn't even do that very well. Intamin Impulse coasters were never that popular (except in RCT3 where they totally break every scenario), but at least most of them used to have some twisty feature to stand out. Linear Gale just went back and forth.

Or might you be talking about Screaming Condor at Leofoo Village in Taiwan? YouTube seems to be full of reaction videos and reverse POVs of it, but no good POVs indeed. At least this one twists on one of the spikes...