What's new

Oakwood Updates

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster
Re: Oakwood 2014 - New coaster?

A massive bomb shell has been revealed on the oakwood Facebook page they have appointed a new head of marketing and says that a new soft play area will be made prob in neverland called hooks house of havoc and a children ride prob the tea cups and a new themed restraunt next to drenched and they also said something very exciting coming this summer so I'm keeping my hopes up it is knightmare

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

It would be nice if they saved Knightmare, but at the same time id rather them get something better for the money unless the asking price has been dropped?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Has the one at Loudoun gone past the point of no return yet or could that still be a possibility?

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

We'll I think it is great news I have just had a message from oakwood saying they are ready to announce the new attraction after the trademark paperwork comes back which just has they said so they said we will announce it tomorrow Thursday or Friday

Scott88

Hyper Poster

The last time I spoke with Oakwood over the phone regards to a PBE event, they did mention that they had been looking into buying Knightmare but hadn't pushed any sort of deal through, hopefully since that phone call things have changed and they've been able to buy it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Hmmm, if they announce it this week, how long until it's open? I'm planning to go at the end of August but would hold off until next year if it's not ready in time.

marc

CF Legend
Oakwood 2014 - New coaster?

If they buy it I will go next year as I've never been on it and I do want to goto the park again.

Judging by the state of it it's going to need a lot of work.

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

On oakwood Facebook page they have now said that the teacup ride will be in the circus land on the old plane crazy site not in the wildwest area they also have indroduced a "arrive and ride" system on bounce which will reduce ques story also said we are hard at work behind the scenes with a series of major new rides and attractions which we plan to open over the summer

So they are starting to reveal stuff like the teacups in circus land at the new oak tree restraunt but will not tell is the major rides and attractions what do you all think they are going to be

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Nathanisbeast said:
will reduce ques

Yum. Ques!
quiche-lorraine-007.jpg

supersion

Mega Poster

Although not ride related, it's worth a mention as a part of Oakwood's On-going development...

A major new restaurant which showcases the best of Welsh produce has opened at Oakwood Theme Park.

The Oak Tree Restaurant Bar & Grill, which features real oak wood extensively throughout, includes waitress service and aims to provide visitors with a stylish and themed experience at the heart of the park.

10172630_10152363021959776_2451270822200353003_n.jpg

10246821_10152363025694776_6365434053422403752_n.jpg

1508146_10152363024709776_5729897254802432921_n.jpg

It's lovely to see Oakwood improving on their facilities. :)

Mushroom

Goon of the Year

They are currently re-devloping the wild west area. Lots of new things including a small coaster

Posting from behind you. I have a knife...

Martyn B

CF Legend

I take it there wasn't any announcement for this new ride on thursday or friday?

EthC

Mega Poster

Just found this at http://www.riderater.co.uk/

Oakwood theme park is expected to launch new attractions based on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow short story later this year.

‘The Headless Horseman’ and ‘The Tree of the Dead’ have also been registered as trademarks with the UK government’s Intellectual Property Office (IPO).

Both are characters featured in the 1820 short story, which was written by Washington Irving and features themes of a supernatural nature.

The book’s title has also been registered with the IPO, indicating that a concept or themed area could be unveiled by Oakwood.

The Welsh theme park this weekend opened for the 2014 season, with prices held at 2012 levels until 23 May, a date after which it is widely expected to launch its new attractions.

It is not yet clear whether the Legend of Sleepy Hollow attractions will be based exclusively on the original short story, or its various TV and cinema incarnations.

Oakwood has not yet officially announced details of its new additions for 2014, with no details of any ride types coming to the Welsh theme park being known at this stage.

This is interesting news. Exciting if it definitely is this!

from the IPO website:
http://www.ipo.gov.u...1/UK00003020723 "The Headless Horseman"
http://www.ipo.gov.u...1/UK00003020726 "The Tree of The Dead"
http://www.ipo.gov.u...1/UK00003020648 "The Legend of The Sleepy Hollow"

T0M

Hyper Poster

I must admit I'd not heard of Sleepy Hollow before, but when I looked into it it seems cool.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

supersion

Mega Poster

As unusual at that sounds, it is quite possibly their plan.

I noticed they updated the park map on the website a few days ago.. and it seems on the Wild West Area, they've placed an image of a large tree next to the Major Investment Sign. It could be 'The Tree Of The Dead'

or4aar.png

EthC

Mega Poster

Well they have registered Tree of the Dead and it so happens to be where Brer used to be. Even if it is just a retheme I'm happy tbh

Lofty

CF Legend

Ooh, anything horror/macabre themed is a big thumbs up for me. Looking forward to seeing what it is they produce.

EthC

Mega Poster

Although I haven't heard that much of the story, I love the whole eerie theme to it, I hope it rethemes the area to give that respective area a lease of life that the old Kids town got when it was transformed to Neverland.