What's new

"Now Showing"

Dave

CF Legend
Yeah but Disaster Movie is worse.

2 girls and 1 cup has better viewing quality, and thats saying a lot!

Error

Strata Poster
Watched Death Race with Peter a few nights ago.

Storywise, it was pretty good. Acting was believable, but the main character is pretty much the same guy from the Transporter series; hardass, great fighter, and has a name of Frank. The effect were good and some killer, while the story was straight forward and had development and plot. One of the guys in the prison I have no idea why he would be there.

Overall, good, fast paced, and with a evil villianess you'll call a bitch.
8/10

Okay just to clear this up my lovelies, I did not say Aladdin sucked, nor did I say 101 Dalmations sucked. They are just not as good as like, Sleeping Beauty and such. Though, I haven't watched them in a while so maybe I will have to (I just know when it was raining and we couldn't have recess in grade school we would watch Aladdin and I would like, be mad because I didn't like it). I think it has to do with the scenery; I don't like the Arabian like, town.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
....Well, I saw Che: Part 1

Just amazing, such an interesting film and isn't biased in the slightest. Which is only good for both parties that might go and see it......
If you walk into the movie film theater with an open mind I think you'd really enjoy it.

.....Oh and Arabian like Town? How does that work?

Lain

Giga Poster
I saw Grave of the Fireflies yesterday.

Somebody on another forum recommended it to me. Now, I hadn't any idea of the storyline, but I assumed it would be similar to the other Ghibli flicks I've seen, i.e. magical, fantasical storyline wtih demons and monsters and all manner of cool stuff.

If you've seen it, then you're probably loling at me right now. :p

It's nothing like the other Ghibli films I've seen at all. It's based in Japan during WWII, and follows the story of a teenager who has to look after his little sister when his father is out fighting the war, and his mother has been killed in an air raid.

To cut a potentially long review to a more concise commentary - it's really good, but it's also really sad and depressing, and the more sensitive amongst you will probably require a box of tissues.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
I was really impressed by the movie too. Just a simple story and...well, it's just that really - a little tale about two kids. I loved it, quite moving and visually amazing.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
Just finished watching Meet the Robinsons on Blu-ray.

I love this film, good animation, excellent story and a fantastic score by the legend that is Danny Elfman. It's also one of those films which makes you feel all good inside at the end, just enjoyable goodness.

I enjoyed it, but didn't think it was THAT good. It failed the MMF test (he only wanted to watch twenty minutes of it, and didn't want to watch it again) and it also failed the Minor_Furie test who only watched it twice and then declared it dull. Big fail for a kid's film.

Smelly said:
furie said:
Truly, one of the worst films I've ever been able to sit through :lol:

For me, that honor goes to:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285462/

Nah, a comedy depends on an appeal to your sense of humour. If ANYONE finds it funny, then it has succeeded. Just because it's purile tosh and below you, doesn't mean nobody finds it funny. I know I wouldn't (I read the synopsis), but still...

The Hive wouldn't scare a baby. A five year old would be able to see through the plot holes. As a "disaster" film, it fails utterly to achieve anything it brings to the table - unless it was actually the subtlest comedy I've ever seen in my life :)

Anyway, films...

Watched Jumper last night. I was expecting a high-definition explosion of colour, deep material and all the other things you require to make a warm over garment.

Sadly I got this bunch of poorly acted CGI garbage. It was utterly mindless pap - you could see a lot of potential, but it just never reached it. It was oddly a little bit fun too, but overall, it was just too poor.

4/10

kimahri

CF Legend
Dave said:
Yeah but Disaster Movie is worse.

2 girls and 1 cup has better viewing quality, and thats saying a lot!

I was just listing movies/trailers I've see so I would not be biased. ^_^

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
furie said:
peep said:
@ Furie. What the hell do you mean Sleeping beauty is the worst Disney film? Have you not seen the complete waste that is the Black Cauldron or the trash that is Oliver & Co?

Black Cauldron and Ollie & Co may be trash films, but in terms of effort that went into them, they are still light years ahead of Sleeping Beauty - they also don't pretend to be anything other than pap.

The hell was wrong with those two? They were possibly 1/4 of my childhood.

I can't think of a disney film I didn't fall in love with in some way... I really can't.

EDIT: This is going to be fun. The short film was stunning.

Snoo

The Legend
furie said:
Watched Jumper last night. I was expecting a high-definition explosion of colour, deep material and all the other things you require to make a warm over garment.

Sadly I got this bunch of poorly acted CGI garbage. It was utterly mindless pap - you could see a lot of potential, but it just never reached it. It was oddly a little bit fun too, but overall, it was just too poor.

4/10

I also saw Jumper over break.. and totally agree. What a crappy ending too.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
I went and saw Valkyrie over the break.
10/10 great movie. I would recommend it to anyone.

I also went and saw gran torino last Sunday.
Ya, it sucked 3/10.
It had a decent plot and all, it was just poorly played out.

Snoo

The Legend
Wall-E

FINALLY saw this movie.. and I loved it. Finally, Disney, you put out a good movie.. it had been a few years.

10/10

peep

CF Legend
Taylor, considering they are your three least fav Disney classics then you obviously have either:

- Not seen many of the classics
- Cannot tell when you have seen an amazing film

Snoo, yep Wall-E is fantastic, good review (despite the fact that Disney release lots of good films and Wall-E is Pixar really) :D

F.A.S.T., the critics seem to disagree with both of your reviews but I'll still be seeing both at the cinema when they are finally released.

Furie, I quite agree about Jumper, it has so much potential but it ends up being turd. I think they have dropped the idea of 2 sequels now, well, I hope they have.

Ploddish, I think I didn't like Black cauldron because a few days before I spoilt myself with the awesome Sword in the stone. Ollie & Co I just didn't enjoy, I felt like I had to force myself to finish watching it, never a good sign.

Btw, 9 looks ace, I can't actually wait for that film, I mean produced by Burton and Timur *Russian*, its actually going to be awesome.

New reviews? None today, should hopefully be going cinema at the weekend, there is plenty to catch up on :D

Snoo

The Legend
^Disney films that I liked.. :p ..and for as much as Disney splattered their manjuice on the film, saying it was made by Disney is pretty easy.. :lol:

Steven

Giga Poster
My Bloody Valentine 3D.

2 words ****ing Excellent. (5/5)

The rich, sharp and vibrant colors of blood and death was all around. Great use of the sound sound as well to create dramatic scenes of suspense. All I can this is one bloody film not to be missed. I don't want to spoil the fun they must have had but they have got this film down to a art.

There is a good story line all through out this film and I think it was if not slightly better than slum dog million air (5/5).

Will be watching again.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I also went and saw gran torino last Sunday.
Ya, it sucked 3/10.
It had a decent plot and all, it was just poorly played out.
Really? That looks AMAZING! Can't wait to see that. Clint Eastwood-directed films are always great. But, poorly played out? By Eastwood? Surely not.

Lofty

CF Legend
Just come back from watching My Bloody Valentine!

My ****ing god I lvoed it, really really worth watching!

10/10!!