What's new

Novel Comp Idea (Maybe!)

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
Since I haven’t followed the comp threads in a while, I don’t know if this idea has already been tried or not. I was wondering how much enthusiasm there might be for a comp in which you download the file and get an already-built coaster, which would probably be a “first” itself. The story behind it is that it’s an old-style woodie that’s been SBNO for several years. The park is planning to demolish it unless you, as an RMC designer, can do something with it. You can add inversions, beyond-90-degree turns, ejector airtime hills, etc. You can keep the chain lift it had in the past or give it a Lightning Rod-type launch if you want to. The supports are already in place, so you’d just have to modify them for any changes you make to the track. Maybe you could clear them all out and re-Auto Support the ride once your design is finished, but you’d have to modify them for anything that couldn’t have been done on a wooden coaster prior to RMC being on the scene. Either way, you’d probably have about the same amount of support work as you would on another type of coaster you’d normally be building from the ground up. I don’t think they gave us RMC-type trains in NL 2.0, so we’d just have to let one of the current types in the program act in that role.

The reason I was thinking about all this in the first place is because I wonder if many coasters that have met the wrecking ball (Son of Beast, Rolling Thunder and maybe even some old John C. Allen creations, to name a few) could have been given a new lease on life if RMC had been around sooner.

jay37415

Mega Poster
There was a NoLimits comp a few years back that attempted the same thing. while it was a neat concept. There wasnt much creativity.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
We did this exact thing a couple of years back: http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/lipstick-that-pig-results.38955/

I'm not exactly sure what @jay37415 is on about - I thought the quality was actually pretty great!

We stopped running the competitions because it was becoming harder and harder to find people to participate. Only a small fraction of CFers use NL2 (and any game, for that matter), and an even smaller fraction of that have the time to throw at making their entries as good as they can be (or that the users are happy with). We're not as fortunate as the 'coaster gaming' sites, where everyone is in to it and therefore you'll likely always have people who are able to participate.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I have been doing some Planet Coaster competitions on another platform with a fair bit of participation. I might be able to pull something off if there was enough interest.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Might as well complete the trio and suggest the competition to be done in Parkitect.

At this point, I think there are more coaster/park games around than there are players of them on this site.

jay37415

Mega Poster
We did this exact thing a couple of years back: http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/lipstick-that-pig-results.38955/

I'm not exactly sure what @jay37415 is on about - I thought the quality was actually pretty great!

It was three years ago. I guess my memory is bad. LOL

I'm down for another competition. with No Limits. Maybe if it gets mentioned on the Facebook Chat group we can draw some interest. I cant really run Planet coaster cause my computer isnt powerful enough

Last edited: