What's new

Non-UK coaster most ridden by UK public?

LaurenceUK

Roller Poster
Enjoying my last day at Port Aventura today got me thinking, what non-UK coaster is most ridden by the UK public?

Dragon Khan was one of my early thoughts. Open since the mid 90s at a popular Spanish holiday resort frequented by Brits. Then a few others came to mind:

- Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mounain at DLP,
- Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain at WDW,
- Hulk at IOA.

I would guess that the WDW coasters are probably the front runners.

Anyone have any idea and/or any other suggestions?

Efan

Mega Poster
Lol could technically be something in Ireland like something at Emerald Park. I agree though that it's likely something Disney

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
BTM or Space Mountain, potentially Dragon Khan is a good shout though, it was spoken about in my days at school by some not in the enthusiast circle so its reasonable to guess that was the case in other schools.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I'll say Hulk, based on the logic that when people go to Florida, they may think Universal is harder to come by than Disney, cos we sort of have one at home.
Plus in it's own park, it's a must ride, you can't miss it. It even features on the BA holiday loading screens.
None of the above mentioned Disney coasters are a must ride if you're going to Magic Kingdom for kids, food vlogs, IPs and 3 hour queues for Princesses.

<Insert new hulk track vs old hulk track argument here.>

Sandman

Giga Poster
Disney is a good assumption but I also know a surprisingly high number of Brits have never stepped foot in a Disney Park.
In fact, most people I know weirdly. And I know a lot who have been to Port Aventura.

**** it, I reckon it's Space Mountain.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It'll be Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. Probably Florida's since they've both been there a lot longer than the versions in Paris. Yeah, Paris is closer, but Florida gets an insane number of Brits every year.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Interesting. Once you get past the handful of obvious ones that have already been mentioned, it suddenly becomes a lot harder to pin down.
And where do we stand on coasters that used to be in the UK but aren't anymore? If we include those it could be the Mouse at Idlewild, Pennsylvania for all we know. 🤷‍♂️