What's new

NoLimits Competition #3 - Riders Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpress

Strata Poster
A proper premier zero-g would be one massive POS. That's why people either go for other variations of the rolls, like a double zero-g.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^^^I remember on NL-exchange A113 did a "proper" premier zero-g and got marked down by others who weren't aware of the differences in element shaping by manufacturer, who said it had a bump in the middle.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
What do you mean all of them? As far as I'm aware the only zero-Gs they've ever built in that fashion was on B&R:TC. And they got removed.

There's only one other premier ride with a zero-G, and it takes that pretty smoothly:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFX8ciwmBQo[/youtube]

@ 28s.

Brookes

Giga Poster
^To be fair, it uses different track/train style. But is also a valid point for not building the "proper" premier zero-g.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Anyone who's ridden Sky Rocket can back me up on this, even thought the zero-g-rolls looks smooth, it's got a really bizarre pop of upside-down airtime right at the crest. I've no idea how they do it, but it's really odd when you're upside down and suddenly get a small pop of ejector.

No idea how they shape them to cause that though... :p

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hixee said:

It can happen with under-heartlining elements too, or making the train rotate around the trackline rather than the heartline. The rotation of the train causes centripetal forces that toss riders outward for a brief moment.

Snoo

The Legend
Hixee said:
Anyone who's ridden Sky Rocket can back me up on this, even thought the zero-g-rolls looks smooth, it's got a really bizarre pop of upside-down airtime right at the crest. I've no idea how they do it, but it's really odd when you're upside down and suddenly get a small pop of ejector.

Exactly. It has a weird shape that gives that lovely upside-down airtime.. when on any other designer it would be a seamless transition.

Think it could possibly be the length and lack of width when it comes to the element?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Bingo.

reddude333 said:
So is it a good bizarre or a I think that might have hurt but I can't tell bizarre?
I thought it was fun actually. It certainly doesn't hurt.

Xpress said:
Hixee said:

It can happen with under-heartlining elements too, or making the train rotate around the trackline rather than the heartline. The rotation of the train causes centripetal forces that toss riders outward for a brief moment.
Yeah, but it doesn't feel like it's improperly heartlined. It's really hard to explain, but it almost feels like you spliced an upside-down airtime hill inside the flip.

It doesn't feel like a heartline problem. You can only really understand by riding it... it's really unique.

Snoo

The Legend
Also watching the rider POV of it and you can see the sensation going through it.. might help understanding the transition.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Hang on a minute.. Isn't upside down airtime the same thing as hangtime?!

If thats the case then the feeling you get is because the ride loses momentum as it crests, therefore the forces keeping you in your seat at zero gravity isn't sustained, therefore you fall in the direction of actual gravity.. Giving the hangtime you experience?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Not really. You feel like you're popped out your seat, not falling from it. Look, go ride Sky Rocket, then you can understand the sensation we're on about. It's strange and not like anything I've felt on any other zero-g type inversion before.

Status
Not open for further replies.