What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

A

Anonymous

Ole said:
This news post comes with a couple of brand new screenshots focusing on the recently finished sky engine. I needed a couple of more days for cleaning everything up so that screenshots could be made. I am proud to present some great new engine features, which NoLimits2 will make use of. I have been working hard on them for the last 3 years and now I thought it is time to show some screenshots. The greatest feature in my eyes are high quality dynamic shadows (can be seen on the left most picture)...
Did it say pictures!!, SWEET!!

Just go to http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/news.html to read the rest of the news and have a look at the pictures for yourself.

I have to say that I really like the look of it.

kimahri

CF Legend
This still lookes meh to me. Its like OMG GRASS AND SKEYE! which you cant really see when your "riding a coaster," anyway.

The tracks look meh as well.

Oh yeah i just remebered Xpress said I was insulting when I said NL 1.X was better so here is something to rub it in more.

NL2 = Golden Axe: Beast rider.

Un needed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Obviously sky, grass and shadows aren't as interesting as tracks, trains etc, however I still think it looks very impressive.

It's going to make the game-play so much cooler.

I'm not going to go masturbate over it, but it's quite cool.

A

Anonymous

I'm just guessing that he have wanted to perfect the environment before really starting on the tracks, trains, and supports. So my guess would be that we might see some of that stuff in the next update.

I just wonder if he will add "raindrops on the lens" effect while riding in the rain.

Hixee said:
I'm not going to go masturbate over it, but it's quite cool.
LOL

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
This is nice and all, but, really. Okay, well done, he's simulated a field pretty well (looks sorta 2004 tech atm), but... name a coaster that was built in a field. Can we have paths in game, Ole? (The fact that you can make them with 3DS is irrelevent, paths are a requirement in simulating the ride, so they'd need to be included...) Other buildings?

Eh, it just irritates me that there's nothing else around. Rides aren't just the coaster, the queue is as much of the ride as the coaster is (See: Oblivion.)

Want simple path building mechanisms. Want them now. [/egoism]

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Exactly. It would be so much easier to just build our own entrance plazas right in the simulator instead of learning how to use a 3D program.

Although it still seems lacking, the terrain looks very nice.

A

Anonymous

^ Just send him a quick mail with a request for that feature. He might be interested with it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Please Xpress, stop pretending you know stuff you don't

It's getting old. Just let us see what is really happening for ourselves.

kimahri

CF Legend
He does have contacts with the NL people. He sent me a picture through a pm and through it would actually get me interested.

Silly boy :roll:

And it still looked meh.

We argued through a few pm's and then got him on IM thingy oooh what a mistake to make. Gave his adress to a few people and harasment I did. He blocked me now :( so no more harrasment. What a spoil sport!

Xpress

Strata Poster
kimahri said:
He does have contacts with the NL people. He sent me a picture through a pm and through it would actually get me interested.

Silly boy :roll:

And it still looked meh.

We argued through a few pm's and then got him on IM thingy oooh what a mistake to make. Gave his adress to a few people and harasment I did. He blocked me now :( so no more harrasment. What a spoil sport!

I haven't blocked you kimmy. You just want to talk about touhou all the time.

And I've been in the dark since the last screenies came out. All I know is that work is being done daily.

A

Anonymous

A new update and the usual Christmas greeting from the development team.

Ole said:
The Dev-Team wishes all customers of NoLimits a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Another year passed by and I was again not able to finish what I was planning to. Especially the last two months were quite unproductive, which is why there was no news in November. Since the graphics engine is almost complete now, I continued working on the coaster editing for the last weeks. The coaster editing is almost done but I decided to not hurry at this point and instead spend more time on verifying the design. The coaster editing design process is very different in NL2 compared to NL1. Some fundamental differences were required to make it easier to create smooth tracks.

Click for the complete update.

Some Important stuff:
Ole said:
Elementary and AHG are quite powerfull, but I am more into hand-building.
Eat that Xpress :wink: Hand building FTW!

Ole said:
For heartlined coasters, there is also an option to build a coaster specifying the heart-line spline directly instead of the center of track, which will also make things more professional and straight forward.
A really good development, IMO.

Ole said:
other new features like multiple coasters in a park and transfer tracks.
YAY FINALLY!!!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Damn, loefet got to it first, lol.

Ole isn't my contact. I have indirect contacts with him. Ole is more into hand building, however he is very good at using tools.

Also, using a heartlining tool in the sim, would that not be a tool, just implemented into the editor code?

And who the hell said I don't handbuild all the time? I like using AHG, for those coasters I'm not feeling like hand banking/heartlining.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think the tool debate should be killed when NL2 comes into play.

To put it this way, it's way more manly to go out in the forest and hunt moose with your bare hands, but it takes less effort and gives the same result if you are using a rifle. However, you need skills with the rifle to hit the moose as well, not to mention to hit it lethally.

Also, it depends a lot on what your objective is. Is it to make an outstanding coaster, with 3Ds and all, and pull it off perfectly, I see no wrong in using a tool. If the experience is the main target, not just the track, you can be forgiven for using a tool. Same goes for recreations. Accuracy is the target there, smoothness is a necessity.
But if you're just fiddling around, wanting to show skills, or just make a fun track, there's no reason to tool it. When the track is the main focus, you'll be better off making it yourself.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^^I don't make every coaster with a tool. Most are 93.381509624% hand built. The other is AHG...

Also, pokey, NL2 is gunna have tools coded to be used with it, that you can be sure of. The part of the NL world that uses tools is just as equal as the ammount that don't use tools. And seeing as a lot of the NL developers use tools, you can be 100% certain of it.