What's new

No Limits mac version

NASHER

Roller Poster
It's been a while since I've posted on here, so sorry if this is in the wrong forum or anything!
Anyway, during my looooong absence from CF (not that I was an incredibly active member to begin with) I've made the switch from PC to mac....and lost NoLimits in the process. Obviously, being the special child that I am....I also lost my license details for the windows version of NoLimits.
I know there is a mac version available, but I really can't afford to shell out £21 again for software that I already hold a license for (being a broke student) so I wondered if anyone knew if there was a way to transfer my license to the mac version of NoLimits.
Thanks in advance for your help, and rest assured I do own a fully legal, licensed copy of the program for windows....I'm not trying to obtain the software illegally.

Ollie

CF Legend
If you contact them then they usually offer it to you at quite a big discount. I remember a couple of other members having the same problem.

Dave

CF Legend
It takes a while to get adjusted to how awesome it works on Mac, but getting used to how it works on a Mac takes time as well.

NASHER

Roller Poster
Cheers for the replies guys! :p
yeah, I love my mac to bits, could never go back to a Windows machine now...makes me wonder why more people don't use real computers! ;)
Cheers Error, I'll PM you :)

MaxxAir_Designs

Roller Poster
Well I'm new here, but I have been an avid NL user for years. About a year and a half ago, I made the switch from PC to Mac. It is a hard switch, and takes a lot of getting used to. The interface is much different, and the shortcuts are much different. A great thing about having NL for Mac is you really improve your handbuilding skills by using it. If you love to use tools, then I recommend a program called VMWare Fusion. With it, you can run Windows and Mac simultaneously, and with that being said it also opens up the door to viruses and malware. If you really need tools, then I would get it. It costs around $70.

Error

Strata Poster
Welcome to CF!

Please try not to bring up older topics that have been already resolved, as it tends to make the site a bit messy. Thanks!

Xpress

Strata Poster
MaxxAir_Designs said:
Well I'm new here, but I have been an avid NL user for years. About a year and a half ago, I made the switch from PC to Mac. It is a hard switch, and takes a lot of getting used to. The interface is much different, and the shortcuts are much different. A great thing about having NL for Mac is you really improve your handbuilding skills by using it. If you love to use tools, then I recommend a program called VMWare Fusion. With it, you can run Windows and Mac simultaneously, and with that being said it also opens up the door to viruses and malware. If you really need tools, then I would get it. It costs around $70.

Parallels desktop would be best. BTW, the door is already open to viruses- it's just that people don't tend to target machines with less valuable info ;)

NASHER

Roller Poster
^ 100% correct. Windows machines tend to contain very valuable personal information which may be of great use to potential fraudsters! For example, even images of no limits rides may be harvested by cyber criminals, and sold to the worlds media, or worse, posted on the interwebs! I strongly recommend taking precautions against these vile individuals, profiting from YOUR poorly rendered game screenshots...

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Well considering that most companies would rather buy machines that can be programmed for such file content, you can see why people would rather target a pc over a worthless mac.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Xpress said:
^Well considering that most companies would rather buy machines that can be programmed for such file content, you can see why people would rather target a pc over a worthless mac.
wait hold on a second mac are not worth less. they are maid out of high grade aluminum cool) no but seriously tons of people use macs and i know its your opinion but there are right for the people who use them.

Error

Strata Poster
jjjjustin12 said:
Xpress said:
wait hold on a second mac are not worth less. they are maid out of high grade aluminum cool) no but seriously tons of people use macs and i know its your opinion but there are right for the people who use them.

*facepalm*

You just made us all sound high and mighty. Please stop.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I think we should stop this argument while we're ahead. Some people use Mac, others use PC. Some like to spend a lot of money on performance, others like to spend less and get the same performance, and blah blah blah blah.....

Funny thing is i know mac inside and out, but don't own one...