What's new

No Limits Help!

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Hello fellow Coasterforcers, I'm a noob and I'm having trouble making a coaster in No limits. Can someone answer me the following questions:

1. How to make a 90 degree lift and how to find out the angle of track
2. How to find the height of a track
3. How to change the color of all supports and Track
4. How to connect to last track to the station

Thanks!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hi Glennderp...

1. Use the Relative Roll tool (it's at the top in your tools)
2. Just hover the cursor over where you want, and somewhere at the top of your screen, there will always be x, y and z co-ordinates of your cursor.
3. Coaster > Settings > Colours
4. Press C and a piece of track will appear, connection the last node with the first vertex (the one with the purple triangle!)

Hope that helps!

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Ethan said:
Hi Glennderp...

1. Use the Relative Roll tool (it's at the top in your tools)
2. Just hover the cursor over where you want, and somewhere at the top of your screen, there will always be x, y and z co-ordinates of your cursor.
3. Coaster > Settings > Colours
4. Press C and a piece of track will appear, connection the last node with the first vertex (the one with the purple triangle!)

Hope that helps!

Thanks, finally finished my first coaster! BTW: Is Y the height?

BBH

Giga Poster
Yes, the Y-axis is the vertical height plane.

I'm using the Construction Kit and want to retexture the rails on my RMC woodie from the default to a solid color. Can somebody enlighten me on how to do this?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Glennderp said:
Thanks, finally finished my first coaster! BTW: Is Y the height?

Good to hear :)
BBH said:

I'm using the Construction Kit and want to retexture the rails on my RMC woodie from the default to a solid color. Can somebody enlighten me on how to do this?

I personally hate Construction Kit and never use it, so I can't help you on that one :(

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
BBH said:

Thanks, mate!

BBH

Giga Poster
You can construct the lift on a meter-by-meter (dot-by-dot) basis, and you can use this site: http://www.blocklayer.com/riserun.aspx to calculate it using rise (y axis) and run (x axis). That's the only real way to calculate angle other than by using a protractor.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What on earth happened to good only trigonometry?!

If you know you want a 30° lift hill, that does up 150 ft, just use tan(angle)=height/base length. Rearranging tells you that you need to have the lift hill go up 150 ft vertically over 260 ft horizontally to give you a 30° lift hill.

That's by far the quickest and simplest method, provided of course you still remember maths you did when you were like 13.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
BBH said:

Make sure in the editor the track and rails are the colour you want. Import into CK. Go into create model, remove the spine and crossties, and save the model as just the track. Export as a 3D and voila. That said, the CK rails won't match up perfectly and cover the original wooden ones entirely. It doesn't really like wooden rails. Also, if you use relative roll at any point, the CK won't understand so you will have a messed up rail 3D.