What's new

No Limits Competition VI- Fluch Me!

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Dave said running 4 trains gets you bonus points, never said anything about running more :D

Also, Blaze: Newton is a tool (Vid_W incase you didn't notice, CoasterForce isn't all for tools- most "believe" it to be cheating at NL, when in reality, tools are another way of expressing our creativity for NL. With AHG, we do the majority of the work- from smoothing to getting proper transitions down (not incluing elementary)). What it basically is, is an elementary program, just made to be easier then elementary. No math formulas to use, no complex variables to input- just simple levers to make tracks.

Error

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
CoasterForce isn't all for tools- most "believe" it to be cheating at NL, when in reality, tools are another way of expressing our creativity for NL. With AHG, we do the majority of the work- from smoothing to getting proper transitions down (not incluing elementary)). What it basically is, is an elementary program, just made to be easier then elementary. No math formulas to use, no complex variables to input- just simple levers to make tracks.

Well, by that logic, tracing and recoloring artwork is a form of simple expression using a base while saving time and effort by making great artwork now and not building any useful skills in the future.

Xpress, simply shut the hell up, grow up, and deal with it.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Firstly, no. You shut the f*ck up and stop b*ching about it. And Dave, I'm informing Vid_w incase he doesn't know.

As for art specifically, using a previous artwork and modding it doesn't translate to making a track from scratch.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Doesn't matter. It's still cutting corners; it doesn't matter if you're tracing or building in NL. Do you know what happens when you get all your corners cut off a certificate in the Boyscouts? You lose your certificate.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If this doesn't stop, right now, this thread will be closed along with the competition.

Go bitch at each other on PMs on MSN, not here.

Stop ruining it for yourselves.

Error

Strata Poster
Guess what?

My computer is slowing dying due to fryed parts. Roughly 6 programs work properly. Thus, I'm out.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Are we allowed to change the settings of the already in place pieces?

As long as we don't alter length and position and the launch speed is the same can we sort out the E-stop problem?

A

Anonymous

^ I guess that this:
Dave said:
Yeah you can change the launch from transport to brakes. I've not fully worked how to do it, so just played it safe.
answers your question.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well, I have no idea how to set that up, so I guess I'll just leave if for now then.

A

Anonymous

^ It's pretty simple really.

• Replace the Transport section with a brake section
  • Open the "Brake Segment Settings"
  • On the "Brake" side
    Un-check the "Blocksegment" option, IMPORTANT!!
    Change the "Speed limit" to 55 mph (or 88.495 km/h)
    Check the "Hide-Brake-Device" option
  • On the "Transport Device"
    Check the "Enable" on the "Transport Device" side
    Choose "Linear Induction Motor (LIM)" as the transport device
    Set the "Speed" to 55 mph
    Set the "Acceleration" to 2 g
    Set the "Deceleration" to 1.5 g
  • If you have followed all of these steps then you have successfully replaced the transport section with a brake section.

Slash

Giga Poster
Loefet if your train rolls back the brake launches it straight away meaning it wont peak the crest, how do you make it go back to the start of the launch then re-launch or is this impossible on NL?

A

Anonymous

^ That's the disadvantage by using this technique. It's just one of the limitations of NL. But it shouldn't roll back, since it will always launch at full speed even if you E-stop it.

Slash

Giga Poster
OK, I had it on acceleration 2.5g so no wonder i was having problems, of course you will get problems with speed differences due to NL being a game that each time you go around the course the enviroment is slightly different and the launch may go at a different speed etc.