What's new

NFL Fantasy 2014

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Before it attracts the **** saying it's eggball, is there interest in doing this league here again? If we can get 8+ I'll set it up, if not, well, I won't.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I'm down. My wife isn't popping out a kid so I should be able to pay attention in the second half.

I would say drop the lowest score name changing idea. If you want to make it a competition throw in a $$$ value or something.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hey! I actually paid attention to the Anything Goes forum this year and noticed this thread!

I am absolutely in.

Might I also suggest doing an auction draft? They are very fun.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Damnit - I'm a fan of Yahoo, but whatevs.

Unfortunately the links are returning an error for me to sign up. "Invite does not exist in LeagueMember"

tomahawk

Strata Poster
After getting **** from several people for not doing Yahoo, I'm switching it. New emails will be sent out in next half hour.

Sorry about that.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So question on the points for rushing and receiving - why the reason for the tiered points?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ Got it! I am an admitted fan of more traditional rules, 1 point for 10 yards, 6 point touchdowns, etc.

My vote goes no PPR. PPR was invented to help increase the number of fantasy relevant players for leagues, and shift scoring focus away from touchdowns and running backs. However, as Julian Edelman demonstrated last year, PPR can cause a massive overvaluation of WRs, making the value of even QBs sink in terms of scoring for the team.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Statistics have shown that those who participate in Fantasy Football are 20% cooler.