What's new

New Tube Coaster For Holiday Center Schloss Dankern

Jared

Hyper Poster
The theming looks great! Not a huge fan of the long straight sections, but I’m sure there’s some reason behind it! I assume this is top loading?

Lofty

CF Legend
The theming looks great! Not a huge fan of the long straight sections, but I’m sure there’s some reason behind it! I assume this is top loading?
Yeah, top loading and you exit at the bottom platform before the empty car travels up the lift hill.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Odd way of working it, but still looks like a fab little ride!
The argument they use for the one at BillyBird is that it's really energy efficient. I remember reading once that they claim to be the most 'eco friendly' coaster in world. Lightweight trains (made from recycled materials, I think), top load-bottom offload, and that sort of thing.

There's probably some of that crossing over in to this ride. Seems like a funky little coaster, and I like it!

Jared

Hyper Poster
That makes sense! But surely a chain lift to the top of the track uses the same amount of energy as one that takes a train up to the top of a drop? I’m not the most clued up person when it comes to energy usage etc, but it’s an intriguing concept.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That makes sense! But surely a chain lift to the top of the track uses the same amount of energy as one that takes a train up to the top of a drop? I’m not the most clued up person when it comes to energy usage etc, but it’s an intriguing concept.
True, but it takes more energy once you shove a fat goon in the train. ;)

By getting people to walk up the stairs, you only have to lift the weight of the train, which on these small coasters probably isn't all that much.